“We Went Twice!”

Ushna
Ranked #24 of 2,189 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cooking at Ushna has always been an inspirational affair. Fresh ingredients, high quality produce,consistency in every action and an open attitude to cooking are the four virtues that form the soul of the Ushna Kitchen.Our menu encompasses regional Indian classics presented in contemporary style that are best paired with wines or with one of the many Ushna Signature cocktails. Ushna has been awarded the coveted ‘Time Out Best Indian Restaurant Award’ for 4 consecutive years, the ‘What’s On Favorite Indian Restaurant’ and has been the recipient of three consecutive ‘Gourmet Abu Dhabi’ awards too - testament of its consistency in delivering excellent dining experiences over the years.
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We were in Abu Dhabi for a week and ate here on two evenings, which is something that we never normally do!

Really tasty food, excellent service and a great view of the Grand Mosque.

We stayed at the Fairmont and this restaurant was a 10 minute stroll from the hotel.

Make sure you try the black lentil dish. Can't remember the name but it was delicious, especially with garlic naan.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is the third time I visited and I must admit that the food was the worst ever. We were a party of 4 - we had 2 visitors from the UK. The food was not seasoned nor did it have any sort of spice. We ordered spinach, lamb, chicken and daal. The tandoori rotis were very nice. However, when it came to the food it was as if the chef had simply put the ingredients together and forgotten the spices. Don't get me wrong, in terms of the ambience and experience it's fine but, for us, the food is what makes all the difference and I'm afraid this place simply does not deliver. Also, they do not use prime ingredients which was evident from the chicken dish we ordered. We were told they use frozen chicken from Brazil despite charging extortionate price for the dish. Also, no beef being served which I believe may be due to the owners being Hindu. Avoid !

Reviewed 21 November 2013

This was the first time I had Indian food and just fell in love with it. The staff was amazing and provided outstanding service. My favorite was the black lentils....yummy. I also had the lamb kabobs which were good, but a little spicy. We sat outside and had a beautiful view of the Grand Mosque....highly recommend!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Beautiful scenery surrounds Ushna. Black lentils were delicious as was the palak paneer. Employees were very kind and provided great service. Nice experience and would return when back in UAE.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Everyone raved about this restaurant and said how it was the best in Abu Dhabi but I was a bit disapponted. The restaurant itself lovely, but I found the menu a bit limiting and I asked for mine to be spicy and it was quite mild. My husband on the other hand said his meal was really tasty. Maybe I picked badly?? Service really good though and not expensive