“Best Nihongo Restaurant in Abu Dhabi”
Review of Toki

Toki
Ranked #121 of 2,111 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hands down the best Japanese restaurant in Abu Dhabi. The sushi is to die for and the staff deliver exceptional service. The ambiance is very much traditional Japanese and the tepanyaki chefs are so much fun!

There are newer reviews for Toki

Reviewed 5 August 2014

yummy sushi to replace the now closed wasabi ;( On the other side of the corniche though. Good selection of sushi, tempura's, noodles, etc. and good service.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have been going to Toki at least once every couple of months for a few years now. I find their staff very friendly and professional, the food is consistently good and not overpriced (but be careful what you order, some of it is expensive!) and their complimentary green tea (hot or iced) is wonderful!

I'm no connoisseur of Japanese food, but Toki does the basics well - flavourful miso soup, great tempura and very nice maki rolls with a good selection of fillings. Their menu is very extensive and I think anyone could find a great meal here - even those afraid of raw fish, as some people can be! Also their black sesame creme brulee is exotic and delicious!

The only bad thing I can say about Toki is that I would prefer a dining space with more natural light. Toki is entirely interior and I have found myself wishing for a bit of a view now and then!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Have eaten here twice. Lots of Japanese variety. It can be expensive if you don't check out the prices first. Would defiantly go back.

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I have been in many Japanese restaurants in the past and I have had good and bad experiences. Never had I had such a great and authentic Japanese experience before, though.
The place is very nice and cool. Small, separated tables for better privacy and intimacy. Wifi bell on the table. And attentive and kind personnel.
The food is attentively prepared, and is of amazing quackery and freshness! I had mix sushi, of course! But I also had an excellent chirashi , that you have to try.

Green tea was at the good temperature (at last!) and they also have a reasonable choice of bottles of wine, apart the usual Japanese beer.

I found every aspect of this dinner very satisfactory. Price is not exaggerated, though you cannot imagine to dine in such a beautiful place for 10€! I spent around 50€, a very reasonable price for such good quality!
I will definitely be back!

1  Thank DanieleGiuffrida