“Good Hotel”

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 November 2012

I stayed here few times. Good huge Hotel. Good rooms. Very small lobby. Good Location. Nice Staff. Never met any manager.
Small details I mentioned upon check out on my previous trips but nothing happened:
- breakfast smoking area is right next to the buffet, so u r obliged to inhale the smoke 1st thing in the morning. They should be courageous enough NOT to allow smoking at all in breakfast area.
- free Wi Fi Internet in breakfast room can only work for 15 minutes daily making it difficult to read emails in the morning. Why 15 minutes only? I couldnt figure it out. U can get it free in the room 24 hours, but not at breakfast room eventhough 99% of people having breakfast are staying in the hotel.
- upon check out, the receptionist asks u if u consumed from mini bar, then she calls to tell someone to go and check the mini bar. At this level of hotels, u either should trust your guests OR don't ask them about consumption, just send someone to check the mini bar.
- the healthy low fat plain yoghurt is mixed with sugar which makes it unhealthy. I couldn't figure it out.

I also like to mention the food at Italian restaurant is Super. Probably the best in Abu Dhabi.
If u want a very quiet room, ask for the one that ends in 08.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ZeeF44
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Dear Mr. Ziad44,

We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. It is through such feedback that we are able to seek improvements to serve our guests better.

I have taken all your valued points and will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that incidences such as this do not happen again in the future.

Again thank you and I look forward to your return.

With best regards,

Atef Elias

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed here for two nights on business. Room was clean, modern, quiet, and comfortable. Slept extremely well. Bathroom was spacious, clean and modern, with a strong shower. Service was excellent.

The hotel also has an excellent location

1  Thank YNWYM

Dear YNWYM,

Greetings and thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and all the little gestures and details you mention about our facilities is most appreciated.

I look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

OK, not a beach resort. But I have been here nine months and love it. It has a great selection of on premises restaurants, is right by the largest mall in Abu Dhabi, and has a very good gym. Staff is very friendly. Maintenance is really quick (hey - nine months - stuff breaks!) and efficient. Good for short or long term stay. Central location avoids the Corniche traffic and gets you off and on island efficiently by close proximity to several major roads.

Room Tip: There are a few internal view rooms - avoid. Probably inexpensive but looks into an internal between...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan C
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Dear Alan C,

I am pleased to read that you had a nine months wonderful stay at Grand Millennium Al Wahda hotel and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after.

I have conveyed your kind words to our team.

Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We appreciate it.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Check-in here was very slow, and check-out too. Room service took longer than expected too (and I twice had to abandon meals I had barely touched as I ran out of time to eat them).

But... apart from the delay in things happening, staff were actually quite friendly and pleasant. Concierge helped me to send a (very) large painting back home via DHL, and while it took a few days for them to get a quote and I had to chase a few times, they were still quite friendly an accommodating considering it was a rather unusual request. They also handled the hand-over to DHL fine after I had already checked out and left Abu Dhabi, so that extra service was much appreciated.

I upgraded to a suite, and the man who took me to my room was talking all the way, telling me what a special room it was and how lucky I was. The room was, well, big... but didn't really have much character and wasn't of the same standard as a suite I've come to expect in other places. Everything was clean and functional, it just lacked a bit of character and felt almost too big and empty.

Location was adequate for what I needed, but the amazingly wide road next to the hotel was hard to cross each morning and night. Taxis were sometimes slow to come too. I visited the "adjoining" shopping mall, and bought a few things but it was not too impressive after shopping in Dubai the week before.

Room Tip: The premium for me to upgrade my room at check-in time was surprisingly low. Worth asking for a bett...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear MisterPugz,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us.

I have initiated your points to my team member and ensured that measures have been put in place to prevent a recurrence.

I am very pleased to read that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after.

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed in the hotel from 11 to 14 November 2012. The staff were friendly and polite. Hotel located next to Al-Wahda Mall and in close proximity to everything. The room was spacious and comfortable. Bath was very good. The only complaint was that the air conditioning could not be adjusted to work quietly. It works at high speed and cools the room very quickly then stops completely. One time the remote control that lets you operate the AC and lights was out of order and the room became very hot and completely dark. As that happened in the early morning hours I waited till the morning and called the technician who said there was a system fault that affected some rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing east. Rooms to the west may suffer from noise caused by AC equipment on top of...

Dear Sami_Halfawi,

Thank you for a wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

We have noted all your points and apologise for the inconvenience that we put you through.

I have personally ensured that measures have been put in place to prevent a recurrence.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

This hotel deserves everyone of its 5 stars with its oasis of excellent customer service and its friendly team awaiting you to take you away from the busy streets of Abu Dhabi.

The bedroom provides all that you need and you have to tear yourself away to visit the modern gym or pamper yourself in the spa. The walk in shower is to die for and wish I had one at home.
Everything is high-tech and maybe an instruction on how to use the control next to the bed would have been helpful but I did get a lesson when I asked for i!. I am fussy about cleanliness as I travel to many hotels on business, but I could find no fault here at all whatsoever. Everything shone and gleamed.

Breakfasts were great with a good deal of selection for you to choose from.

The rooftop swimming pool was gorgeous with fabulous views over the city.

This hotel sets standards to which other hotels should only ever aspire to.

The added bonus is the Al Wadha Mall next door which is open until really late so if you can drag yourself away from the hotel, you can shop until you drop.

I leave this testimonial with only word that is EXCELLENT and certainly one to come back to again when I come back to Abu Dhabi.

Carole Spiers

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view and as high as possible so that you can see the city during the date and...
1  Thank Carole S

Dear Ms.Carole S,

It is always a thrill to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

All the little gestures and details you mention is what our team works towards providing to all our guests to ensure their stay with us is memorable.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Have just returned from weekend at grand millenium where we stayed for the Formula 1 Grand Prix. After reading reviews before our journey we had extreme concerns. From the intial check in and throughout our whole stay we could not have asked for any more from the staff. All staff were helpful, friendly, courteous and did everything they could to make our stay special. We stayed in a Club Room and found the facilities of the Club Lounge to be excellent. The staff at both breakfast and evening were superb and I would recommend this to anyone. Rooms were a good size and beds very comfortable. I am looking forward to returning some day and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie C

Dear Julie C,

Thank you for a fantastic feedback.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.