“Unforgettable short break in a great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Millennium Al Wahda

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #51 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Corfu Town, Greece
“Unforgettable short break in a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Grand Millennium Al Wahda has the potential to stand out as a league of its own in Abu Dhabi in terms of real value and service. The location is unbeatable right next to the Al Wahda Mall, the bus station and with easy access to the main sights. The lobby is a bit small but stylish. My room on the 26th floor was spacious and hi-tech with neutral colour scheme, comfortable bed and big bathroom with fine amenities. A bigger window in the room would bo much better though. Breakfast and dinner at the Al Wahda restaurant was buffet style, sufficient, with plenty of choices and discreet service. The Health Club is well equipped and I had a very relaxing massage at the Zayna Spa by a well-trained Indian therapist.

My overall experience was indeed fabulous, I had a lovely time in and out of the hotel, I felt welcome and secure all the time and I'm sure that UAE hospitality is unsurpassed and mostly unforgettable. Everyone visiting Abu Dhabi should definately consider seriously a stay at the Grand Millennium.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KostakisG
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear KostakisG,

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was fabulous. Upon reading your review, it appears you have had enjoyed the facilities and we are particularly pleased that your stay in UAE is trully unforgettable.

Hope you had a safe flight and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

Atef Elias

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Muharaq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights by a mistake, I was planning to stay in the other Millennium, but I was lucky, it is much better than it, it is great modern close to big mall, I like the location, staff were very friendly & helpful, when I get back to Abu Dhabi I will definitely pick this hotel.

2 Thank ksayar
Dear Ksayar,

It is always a thrill to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

I look forward to your return.

Sunshine Coast Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

Stayed 10 days- presenting a 6 day seminar in the Hotel. Managers & staff were kind, generous & very attentive. We felt very welcome & were given excellent service. The buffet food was second to none! Breakfast selection above average. Loved the excellent location, close to everything. Enjoyed the pool & jacuzzi spa room & amazing gym! Had 4 great massage sessions at the health centre, a little pricey, but a half price special made it fair & the quality of the treatment was above average. Having stayed at hotels all over the world for 30 years, this was one of my very best experiences & we would return again. Hotel club was the way we booked & we found their rates the best. Hotel staff gave us fast ,friendly, 'service with a smile' & overall I feel we got 5 star service!

Room Tip: We stayed on floor 21 of 31 & it was perfectly silent!
1 Thank Cycadman
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, 4 May 2013
Dear Cycadman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel Abu Dhabi.

We are truly delighted to read that your overall stay are the best experience. All the little gestures and details you mention about our facilities is most appreciated.

Thank you again for the review, we hope to welcome you back to your 'home in Abu Dhabi' soon.

With kind regards,

Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

I spent four night at the hotel while attending the world ophthalmology congress . Hotel and staff were nice and welcoming. The over all service of the hotel staff was great.
Important thing about this hotel was it location next to a shopping mall with a huge supermarket.
No complain about my sleeping experience at the hotel and the cleanliness and arrangements of room were perfect
No idea about their spa
Breakfast was fantastic
The only bad thing which is actually not about the hotel but the city .... Their are no much to do in Abu Dhabi in comparison to dubai

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Amdsat
Dear Amdsat,

Thank you for your review for your stay in May 2012. We were delighted that you had a comfortable stay at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel. Hope on your next visit you will spare time to visit our Zayna SPA for a relaxing theraphy massage.

We hope to welcome you back to your "Abu Dhabi home" soon.

With best regards,

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

On way back from Asia i decided to stop off in Abu Dhabi to meet some friends. I normally stay at the Hilton which is off the corniche but as i was literally in Abu Dhabi for just 2 nights, i was recommended the Grand Millennium. I had landed in Dubai the night before and stayed at the IBIS Al Barsha which was hugely disappointing. I paid about the same at the Grand Millenium as i payed at the IBIS. What a huge difference. The grand Millenium is wonderfully equipped and has everything one would expect from a five star hotel. The rooms are quite large and luxuoriously appointed. The hotel is right next doors to the Wahda mall which is probably the largest mall in Abu Dhabi.
The hotel has some great restaurants and is within walking distance to most of the shopping precinct. The hotel is great but somewhat understated. I would never have stayed had it not been recommended. I would definitely stay again when i am next in Abu Dhabi.

Dear SFR London,

Thank you for your kind review, the team and I were delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and we are pleased that you enjoyed both the service provided by the team, facilities as well as room allocated for this stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel is fine and conveniently located next to the shopping mall. Facilities are "ok", the swimming pool is nothing special and too small considering the number of guests in hotel, very few seating areas and only on one side.
The check-in staff are extremely slow and not particularly friendly, it took us almost half and hour to get checked-in and receive the room key from a miserable girl.
I didn't like the fact that the hotel allows smoking in the lobby areas, it stank in the seating areas with an unpleasant smoke aroma, this should be stopped to make it more pleasant from the majority of people who don't smoke and don't appreciate to be passive smokers.
The free internet speed is very slow, the upgrade to high speed was seen as too expensive and not worth the additional cost.
I've given the hotel an average rating since I believe that the level of staff & service needs improving coupled with the issues listed above.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room with outward looking window.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, 20 April 2013
Dear KLworker,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us.

We want you to know that we value your comments and will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that incidences such as this do not happen again in the future.

I would appreciate an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Once again, thank you for bringing this matter to us and we truly appreciate it.

Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was staying in this hotel for only 2 days but I want to share this few words:
First of all the hotel location is very good, the cleanliness is perfect in the room and the equipment such as tv, bed, sofa, mini bar etc. are very well designed !
The room service menu is very rich of options and they give you the possibility to order as well from the Italian Restaurant Portobello ! The quality of the food from the restaurant and room service is very high and the delivery time is perfect!
All the staff are very smiling and helpful starting from the front desk especially (Laura) which assisted me to choose my room and she explain me very well about the hotel facilities ! If you want a quality hotel with a high quality level of hospitality I recommend Grand Millennium !!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Besi7,

I am very pleased to read your thoughful comments on our hotel facilites and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after. I will convey your kind words to my team especially to Laura and I am sure this will encourage her to continue to provide outstanding service. She has made us proud on this occasion

We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Yours sincerely,