“Good experience, good stay.”

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #55 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bucharest, Romania
“Good experience, good stay.”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Perhaps are many others good hotels with good services but I totally enjoy my stay in Al Wahda Millennium. Fast check in, fast check out, excellent well equipped room (my room it has a excellent panorama over that part of the city). .

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have nice panoramic view.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Al Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 19 May 2013

At the bottom floor of the Hotel, there is a door marked 'Porters'. Go through this door and go downstairs. Keep going, keep going and keep going and then you find the Bar. As far as Bars go in AD, this one is spot on. Good selection of Beers and spirits. The Manager (at time of writing) is a German Gentleman who can produce any cocktail you can think of, done years in Cocktail School he did and he knows his stuff. I don't remember much else after that....... Oh, another time I went, I had Liver and Onions with mash...........The absolute best in AD. Check the place out.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Bahrain
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 5 nights, during the first week of May and enjoyed our time there. The hotel has modern amenities and squeaky clean. Reception and housekeeping, check-in, check-out and prompt.
The major plus for who ever staying in this hotel is the walking distance to Al-Wahda mall. Its a one stop mall for all your shopping and dinning needs. If its wasnt for this mall, this hotel would be categorized as one with poor location as there isnt much around the hotel go about.

Room Tip: High raised rooms have a good view of abu-dhabi skies
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 May 2013

It took over 2 hours to get into the right room. 45 minutes waiting at reception to be checked in, with a man who clearly wasn't trained. In the first room there were stale urine stains on the toilet seat even though the sign said disinfected! The manager who came to the room said that we shouldn't worry as it was only a few spots!!! On check-out nobody asked about the stay and the luggage man threw the case on the floor with no care at all for what was inside. What a nightmare!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Micha G
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This was our first visit to Abu Dhabi and did not really know what to expect (although we have been to Dubai 3 times). The Grand Millennium is a fairly new hotel and in many respects, reminds me of my early travels to China. The staff try hard, but some things just dont work. Our check in took about 30 minutes, with the front desk clerk stumbling around, not really sure how to complete the check in process. I had booked 3 nights, but initially two nights and I added one on the front. Well, this created a major issue, so much so that I had to come down the next morning and check out of my room, get new keys and check back in to the same room for the second two nights. I booked a club room. I have stayed at a million hotels all around the world and club rooms typically (I would say 99% of the time) have a club lounge situated on the same floor as the room you are staying or one floor above or below. Well, the club lounge at this hotel is on the first floor in this very large room, with very little outside light, no view of anything, cold, no atmosphere. It was terrible and even the staff admit that people won't come to the lounge because it is thoroughly uninviting. The staff were nice and friendly and helpful. The hotel has a huge gym which is well equipped. There are a number of restaurants in the hotel and a great pub below. In terms of location, Abu Dhabi is a hard place to pick a location. It is so spread out. Taxis are readily available and cheap , so it is only 15 minutes max to anywhere you want to go and it is so hot, you would not walk anyway. Overall, a reasonable hotel and I am sure they will improve.

Room Tip: Do waste your money on a club floor unless they change the set up and location
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 14 May 2013

This is the 3rd time I am staying in this hotel for 8 consecutives days each time, and for sure, the last time.
The first time I checked out, I called the concierge to send somebody to take my 4 luggage; 25min later nobody came and I had to go, so I took everything with me and upon arriving in the lobby to checkout, nobody bothered to help me.
The second time, same story, nobody help you for your luggage - You are on your own.
This 3rd time, at check-in I told them that I do not use the minibar - by the time I went up, there was already somebody in front of my door to empty the minibar; Now hold on, there is nobody to help you with your bag in a 5 stars hotel, but to instantly empty the minibar the person is already in front of your door before you??
As I finally ordered room service, a 40aed sandwich was delivered to my room (about 8euros), and 10min later I got a call from the reception that I must pay the sandwich immediately and cannot put it on my 100euros/night room, so they are sending somebody to collect the money.
So I spent about 24 days in this hotel so far, and I am treated like a thief who is going to empty the minibar and run away without paying a 40aed sandwich: I can't because I can't run away while carrying the weight of my own luggage !!
Amazing guest experience; Dear travelers, walk away !

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Sebastien G
Belfast, UK
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Long weekend break to Abu Dhabi - first time visit for us and our friends. Direct overnight flight from Dublin both ways helped maximise our time in the Emirate and this hotel was a great choice because of its quality and location. Rooms good size, several dining options. Check-in easy enough (though they did try to flog us an upgrade for a cost - we declined). Close to shopping mall and bus station from where you can get to Dubai in just over an hour at very little cost. Taxi rank also just outside. Found a small rooftop restaurant in one of the surrounding office block buildings - turned out to be best meal of the trip though none were bad. All in all a great trip.

Room Tip: High floor may afford more peace and quiet and better views as some lower floor rooms may be close t...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear AlwaysReady2Go,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

I look forward to your return in Abu Dhabi and welcoming you back at the hotel.

Yours sincerely,