“Fantastic Stay”

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is the place to stay in Abu Dhabi. Great location next to a large shopping mall. The rooms are spacious,elegant, and functional; beds are high quality and easy to adjust to. Even though the choice of tv channels is limited, I remained impressed with all the amenities in the room and attentive service. My requests were attended to promptly and efficiently. The spa and gym are top notch. The breakfast restaurant was incredible - the food selections were off the charts and the staff every efficient, cordial and customer service oriented. Had negative experience at Porters (it took forever to check out with our credit cards) but the food was affordable and good. The pool area (31st floor) was also a great place to relax; staff very attentive and helpful. The Italian restaurant on-site is also top notch. The staff makes the difference at a 5 star hotel; they left no doubt at every intersection. Will return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear MrGelhs204,

Thank you for a wonderful feedback on Tripadvisor.

It was nice to read that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

All the little gestures and details you mention is what our team works towards providing to all our guests to ensure their stay with us is memorable.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

It is always a pleasure to return to the Grand Millennium Al Wahda as the staff is always courteous from the moment you enter. They are centrally located next to the mall which make errands easy to do.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Debajier ,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

A pleasant hotel but our room was a let down. The "nonsmoking" room smelt of stale smoke.There was a used condom wrapper in the bathroom on arrival. The AC blows directly onto the bed and is icy cold and will not adjust enough to stop this. We were there in September and you needed the AC on (40deg outside) but it led to an uncomfortable nights sleep. The TV and technology in the room is hopeless. The TV crashes often - it's a computer based streamed technology and the bedside tablet that operates just about everything electrical had flat batteries. Once working again there was a delay between pressing the button to anything happening and not always obvious what was pressed. We found this out when the room was not made up one day as the "Do Not Disturb" button was accidentally pressed.
On the plus side it was a very comfortable bed and very nice room. I have rated the sleep quality down due to the AC blowing a draught onto the head area.
The location is good for short taxi rides to see most things.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Rbut,

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor.

We have taken note of your comments. Each points being mentioned is very valuable to us and we will ensure that measure have been put in place to prevent a recurrence.

Rest be assured that it is our continuous endeavor to improve our services while benchmarking our own performance.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The proximity of this hotel to practically everything (taxi, bus, food, shopping, business) makes it a convenient choice to stay in Abu Dhabi. The only minus is the staff telling you that breakfast starts at 6:30AM when actually you can eat at 6AM. I intended to catch an early bus to Sharjah for a meeting but was told that breakfast is only served at 6:30AM.

The staff at Al Wahda, Richelle, Zeny, Kerygma, Momin, and the rest of the support staff really makes your stay in comfort from check-in to check-out.

Room Tip: Ask for a cappuccino and you would come back for more.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 September 2013

In the center of Abu Dhabi, this hotel stands out as a very marvelous hotel, with beautiful interiors, a beautiful roof-top pool, and friendly staff.

My family and I stayed at this hotel a few times and we enjoyed each of our stays. We stayed at both the hotel part and the apartment part.

The hotel rooms were very nice and spacious, with a contemporary bathroom. However the bidet was far from the actual toilet seat. For a hotel in a middle eastern country, it didn't have a hand-held spray or Shattaf.

The breakfast area was divine and the food selection even better. The hotel had a variety of restaurants as well.

For those who are staying longer, the apartments are a preferable choice.

The location of the hotel was very good since it had a mall right next door to it.

I would surely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2013

In general good hotel and services. Good location for family stay, spacious two bedroom apartment and close to Al Wahda mall.
Maintenance seems to be not so good. One chair was not usable almost broken. The water mixer in the shower room was not working well.
The price is bit on the higher side.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I had to stay here for a month for work. They have many stupid rules like when I tried to take the breakfast to my room bec I wanted to work while drinking my coffee, I get a call from the restaurant saying the "security" said I can't take food to my room and if I want food I should call the room service. Why should I call room service if my breakfast is included in my package and I want to eat in my room? They were acting like I have an army that I"m trying to feed in my room.

The other stupid thing is that there is an executive lounge on the first floor which is ALWAYS empty. It had some nice and comfortable looking lounge chair so I wanted to go there and work, but again, I was told if I'm not staying int the executive rooms, I cant go there. I'm like "it's empty, there is NO ONE there" etc, but it was like the first class plane thing.

So if you're a "common" guest and want to get some work done outside of your room, you have to go to the noisy hotel lounge with the "commoners."

For a five star hotel and the cost, I think these rules are very unreasonable and show bad customer service. Would definitely not stay here at my own cost.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business