“Very nice hotel”

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #55 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The minute I walked through the door the staff was very friendly. I receptionist asked me if I'd been to Abou Dhabi and the hotel before, I said no, so she upgraded me to a better room. She said she wanted me to have a good impression of the hotel and city.
Everything followed suit from there on, I asked for an iron, it was in my roon within 5 minutes for the duration of my stay, the breakfast buffet is the best I';ve ever seen, free Wifi, was given a complimentary card for high speed internet.
Good location, down town and right next to a sizable mall with everything one would need.
Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Ashraf M,

Greetings and thank you for your positive feedback.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after.

Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future to the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Grand Millennium Al Wahda

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great Hotel in the centre of the city having one of the finest Malls of Abu Dhabi, Al Wahda, close to it.The room service is very quick and responsive.There is something about this hotel which makes you feel really happy.Overall, its an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Sharad A,

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It is always a thrill to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

All the little gestures and details you mention is what our team works towards providing to all our guests to ensure their stay with us is memorable.

Thank you once again for your thoughtful recommendations and I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

it was good experience as usual being regular guest for almost two and half years, they always my choice and the reason is amazing hospitality they got from their staff. It was as usual a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Haitham A,

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

Thank you once again for your continues patronage with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here twice; once shortly after opening, when the delightful German GM was still in charge. He was always around and always made sure that the guests were well looked after.
What a change when I stayed there again recently; everything seems to be on the decline. From the horrible cigarette smoke in the lobby, to the run down rooms and the prostitutes which can be seen frequently in the lobby. The only highlight was the wonderful Nepali receptionist; sorry..I cannot recall his name. Overall a hotel which is in fast decline which I cannot recommend. The location is good next to Al Wadah Mall. But that cannot make up for it's shortcomings.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AngmohofArabia

Dear AngmohofArabia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

When I came to the hotel to chick in the reception employee give me narrow room and it overlooks the view is bad , and asked them to change the room because I am staying with them for five nights with my wife , the reception employee convinced me the receptionist that kept this night in this room will be changed to me the second day , and where he requires I came to the reception after two o'clock noon so he could Aataya spacious room and looked forward to a wonderful view , and with my review of their second day the employee said that there was no room available and when available he will inform me immediate access to the room or by Mobil phone the record Note has promised me that he will continue to be with me immediately , and passed four nights did not change my room came to bear my bags and went to the reception and made a complaint they did not do anything for me , after that I make chick Out and asked to recover the remaining amount of twist is not redemptive.

I stay in many hotels but I cannot find the worst of this service

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MARWAN A

Dear Marwan A,

Thank you for your review and we truly appreciate your effort in bringing this matter to us.

We want you to know that we value your comments and will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that incidences such as this do not happen again in the future.

We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in our property.

Best regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been staying here for quite some time now for work commitments and everything about the place is excellent! Location is great and the staff are exceptional. Everyone is very tentative to your requests and handled quickly. I am coming back in January to Abu Dhabi and I will be staying here again as it is great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MTawfikKhalifa
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my wife there for two nights.

Concerns:

1. Firstly offered a room with a window looking into the internal building shaft. (Changed at request)
2. TV didn't work.
3. Had to call twice for technician to come fix TV
4. Shower temperature unstable.
5. TV is connected to a mini computer that makes a humming noise 24/7 (the computer has a cooling fan that's simply too loud)
6. The room was not cleaned and towels were not changed despite the special request.
7. Had to call twice to expedite delivery of fresh towels.

On the positive side the location is good for walking around. Corniche is reachable by foot within 30 mins and there is a shopping mall with plenty of cafes, so hotel breakfast is neither a good value nor a necessity.

Parking is free and is a bonus.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple