“One of the best”

Grand Millennium Al Wahda
Ranked #51 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I enjoyed three nights at the hotel. Comfortable, clean & calm room, big bathroom, spacious gym, amazing spa and very friendly and accommodating staff. The morning breakfast buffet was served with great warmth; everything was fresh and delicious.
I could easily access the bus station and Al-Wahda mall.
The hotel exceeded my expectations & I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I believe any room is a good room considering the hotel standards. Try the higher floors levels in o...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Leila M,

Thank you for your wonderful comment . It is a moment of pride to read that we delivered an experience beyond expectation and I am certain to share your feedback with the team.

We eagerly look forward for another getaway at Grand Millennium Al Wahda very soon.

Warm regards,

Atef Elias

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel many times because of the location. Unfortunately, the degradation in the service is noticeable recently. In my last visit, the Staff was not professional and service was below expectation. The room had electrical problem, and we had to suffer from frequent power interruptions. Furthermore, the bed linen was old.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Hnp096
Dear Hnp096,

Thank you for your sharing your review.

We have taken note of youir comments. We want you to know that we value your comments and will take whatever steps are necessary to ensure that incidences such as this do not happen again in the future.

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I arrived hotel at 14:00 but the room wasn't ready.
I stand on front of reception for 1 hour and half from 15:00 to 16:30
I order 3 times baby court since I arrived the room nobody contact me until 3 hours they said sorry we don't have it.
The A/C wasn't working fine every 2 minutes switch on and off by it self and I inform twice them nobody came to my room or contact me even.
Always there is late when they bring my car in the parking not only for me for all customers as well.
When I did check out I spent around 35 minutes to somebody bring my luggage.
I asked the hotel what offer can you give instead of all these happening they said sorry we can not give you anything..however my payment was paid before I reach the hotel and I received the room after 2 hours and half.
This is first time and last time for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMAW_2012, General Manager at Grand Millennium Al Wahda, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Maxima02,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with us

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the delayed during check in process and all other concern that you have mentioned. We will be reviewing this points and we will ensure an immediate improvement.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

SaarLouis, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I always stayed in this hotel whenever I went to Abu Dhabi city. The location next to the Al Wahda mall is just perfect. The rooms are very spacious and of excellent conditions. I had been fortunate enough to be upgraded most of the time to one of their corner deluxe rooms but even entry level rooms were great. Breakfast was fine, nothing to rave but good. The pub is a great choice for some snacks and traditional pub food and for sport events. Sometimes they do have a live band plying.

My choice when coming to Abu Dhabi

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear GCL11,

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor.

It is always a thrill to receive a feedback, particularly when it is as positive as your experience was.

All the little gestures and details you mention is what our team works towards providing to all our guests to ensure their stay with us is memorable.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Abu Dhabi

Madinat Zayed, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

from the time of arrival the disappointment start. no bell boy to help us to carry our luggage. we need to put our bag on the trolley and its been very difficult for us because we have an infant. The check in went smoothly the filipino staff is accomodating. the bell boy finally arrived but he is very polite. it seem on that day he is very busy. from the time of check in we inform the reception that we are 3 adults and 1 infant. the booking was under my brother name but since we have an infant i inform them if we can check in. they agree and 2 times they repeat to me that they need my brother I.D. when he arrived. i inform them ok i will send him down. and then the bell boy give us all the instruction and some facilities they have which is great and help us.

the room was huge and clean. amenities are complete. after sometime we call for water. since we have an infant and we need a lot of water. it takes so long to provide water and we need to run to the near mall for water. 2 times we follow up but no action.

During the hotel stay we visited the health center (gym and sauna) and the reception on that area was very friendly and accommodating.

But the worst of all the pool area staff. as a normal hotel procedure we log in and start to ask for towel they check our room and they told us 2 adults only is registered to our room. my brother inform them that dont hold them because of towel let them swim and i will check in the reception why only two are registered on our room.small arguments but its done. (note during his arrival on hotel he present his I.D. on reception and inform them our room number. the booking is under his name so they need his I.D.) when my brother start to used the pool the lifeguard start pointing his finger and said we will charge you, on that time my brother start to explode no one can point finger to anyone. specially in front of many people. he can pull out him on the pool with manners this is the first hotel we experience like this. The pool incharge talk to us.and start to say sorry. But the thing is He should trained their staff and teach them the proper hotel etiquette.

After that disappointing experience we came back to our room. the duty manager and guest relation started to investigate regarding the case. they told us that they will update us by tomorrow but no action, no update. it seems the case was close and thats it.

during check out 3 times we call to reception for bellboy. never.

THIS HOTEL RUIN OUR EID HOLIDAY. ( CHECK IN jULY 28, 2014)

Room Tip: the room is big. no issue
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Luxianna
Dear Luxianna,

Thank you for your feedback. The contents of which I was most concerned to read.

First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies for the disspointment you have experienced during your stay wit us.

We will discuss these points to our team and will personally ensure that measures have been put in place to prevent a recurrence.

Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Overall a reasonable experience stay at the hotel. Although two issues during my stay let the hotel down.

Firstly, I booked a 3B class reservation, bed, breakfast & broadband, which as a business guest was best suited for my intended stay. Unfortunately, upon check-out I was charged extra for the two days premium internet charge as the broadband access I had selected was the 1-day premium connection and not the 'free' internet connection. Eh, hello! The room type selected was to include 'broadband' which by definition is a high speed connection not a basic free service. So I've been misinformed at the time of my reservation and conned into thinking that I'm paying for a broadband service with my room booking and reservation rate when in fact the service I believe I'm paying for, within my room rate, is actually a free internet service anyway! So you can appreciate that I'm none too happy at being charged extra for this service when I believed it was included in the 3B reservation.

The check-out service was incredibly slow and long winded. I've never recently experienced such a slow and inefficient check-out service at a hotel. And I'm not alone in my assessment as I was travelling with a colleague who experienced the same when checking out a couple of hours after me. This process needs desperate improvement.

The restaurant facilities were a little crammed with little space for maneaouvre around the food stations and the seating was dirty and stained.

Overall the hotel is nice, with spacious and clean rooms, but lacks attention to detail and could be better if it improved on the small service issues noted during my stay.

As a regular traveller and former resident of the UAE there are other hotels I know can offer better value for service with equally comfortable accommodation.

I don't believe I'll be rushing back.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear CraigieLoon.

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor.

We have taken note of your comments. Each points being mentioned is very valuable to us and we will ensure that measure have been put in place to prevent a recurrence.

Rest be assured that it is our continuous endeavor to improve our services while benchmarking our own performance.

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was the first time I stayed in Abu Dhabi and this hotel which is conveniently located in the centre of the city and next to the large Al Wadha shopping mall was a good choice. Friendly and efficient check-in and check-out. I had an excellent room on the 20th floor - modern, comfortable, clean and well serviced. The bathroom is large with a walk-in shower as well as a bath. Good free Wi-Fi in the room, although a little difficult it seemed to get connected, but once on, it was fine. Visited Porters, the Irish pub next door with a good range of beers and a good place to chill out! Would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Simmobrizzy
Dear Simmobrizzy.

Thank you for the very nice post on Trip Advisor

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was excellent and that our staff made sure your every need was well looked after.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Millennium Al Wahda Hotel, Abu Dhabi.