“Different but Absolutely Delicious”
Review of The One Restaurant - CLOSED

The One Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2013

One of my co-workers heard about this restaurant in a furniture store, so we all decided to go there last night for dinner. It felt a little weird at first walking in an area and sitting down with furniture with the tags still on it and watching regular shoppers look at furniture but the weirdness quickly turned into delight. I ordered the coconut-mango smoothie, the Moroccan soup and the lamb shank. yes I am a lamb lover. The food was plentiful and the lamb was so delicious I refused o leave a drop of it. If I was at home, I would have picked up the bone and stripped it dry. I had to pass around my soup so others could taste it and keep an eye on them as they jealously watched me empty the bowl. The service was also good. I will return to this place before I leave Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I visited The One for Iftar (breaking of the fast) a few nights after the start of Ramadan. With both of us being non-Muslim, and experiencing our first traditional Arabic meal in conjunction with the Holy Month, we were pleasantly surprised and satisfied.

The food was fresh, abundant and well-prepared, with care taken to also ensure that presentation and ease of access were prioritized. The staff was both efficient and professional, even asking us if they could improve in any areas of service.

The price point was also exemplary, as was the overall setting and ambiance. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I always eat here when I am in Abu Dhabi. Great food and great staff. Great setting with a view of the beautiful furniture store. Love THE One Junior for my kids.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

It is a bit quirky to have a serious restaurant in a furniture shop. This is not just a cafe, although it is good for coffee and cakes. I have been to this cafe/restaurant dozens of times. I have also ordered the cakes for take-away for office celebrations. I used to go when it was located out of town, so I have been a regular for the last 13 years.
Open early enough to have breakfast at the weekends, this is will not disappoint any family or friends however picky. They can have simple food (soups and roasts) or complex dishes (with spices and unusual ingredients). Vegetarians are well catered for.
My favourites on the menu are the salads or pastas wher eyou choose your own ingredients. Portions are very generous and prices are good value.
I see in the reviews that someone wants a smoking section, well this place used to have one a few years ago and it was really not nice at all in the furniture shop or in the restaurants. So the smoking section closed, thank goodness and it is all non-smoking tehse days!
Service is usually friendly but a little slow (speed of service is much like the rest of Abu Dhabi really).
There is a busy atmosphere and sometimes it can be a bit noisy - and even difficult to book a table.
I am looking forward to their Iftar again this year as it is usually well priced and a delicious buffet. Be sure to book a table for Iftar!

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I ordered the steak and swiss panini (essentially a glorified cheese steak) and it well exceeded my expectations. The restaurant had a cozy and inviting atmosphere which I wasn't expecting from an eatery located inside of a furniture store. The chairs were heavenly to sit on, and the service was fine. I look forward to going back in order to try more of their extensive menu!