“Very Unique Cafe”

The One Restaurant
Ranked #183 of 2,054 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Very Unique Cafe”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

My wife insisted to take me there. It is a cafe restaurant inside a furniture store. I thought it was an odd concept, but it works very well. Relaxed and dim ambience and very good food. It is not for kids and parking is hard. The menu is limited but with quality. Will go again for sure.

• Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
“Appropriately Named”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Located in a trendy, chic furniture store, The One restaurant really has earned its name and reputation. The food is creative and delicious and there is a wide selection. There are plenty of vegetarian options as well. Also, the meal portions are generous but not excessive so you really feel that you are getting a good value. The service is excellent. We have been there for brunch, lunch and dinner and find ourselves returning again and again because the whole experience is quite nice from "soup to nuts." It's also fun to browse through the store after your meal--you never know when you might need some candle holders or a sofa!

• Visited November 2013
Switzerland
“Hidden gem with excellent food and great service”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The One Restaurant is located inside the “The one” furniture store beside BWM on Sheikh Zayed First Street. If you do not know it is there, it is very difficult to find it. The atmosphere is really nice with wooden furniture and cozy lightning. Service is great and prices are very affordable. The chef has done an excellent work with the menu: Wide variety and most of the dishes have some uniqueness. You can also select to create your own combination of pasta or salad. Note they close at 9pm.

• Visited October 2013
Boca Raton, Florida
“Different but Absolutely Delicious”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

One of my co-workers heard about this restaurant in a furniture store, so we all decided to go there last night for dinner. It felt a little weird at first walking in an area and sitting down with furniture with the tags still on it and watching regular shoppers look at furniture but the weirdness quickly turned into delight. I ordered the coconut-mango smoothie, the Moroccan soup and the lamb shank. yes I am a lamb lover. The food was plentiful and the lamb was so delicious I refused o leave a drop of it. If I was at home, I would have picked up the bone and stripped it dry. I had to pass around my soup so others could taste it and keep an eye on them as they jealously watched me empty the bowl. The service was also good. I will return to this place before I leave Abu Dhabi.

• Visited August 2013
Ruwais, United Arab Emirates
“Uniquely Exceptional Experience!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I visited The One for Iftar (breaking of the fast) a few nights after the start of Ramadan. With both of us being non-Muslim, and experiencing our first traditional Arabic meal in conjunction with the Holy Month, we were pleasantly surprised and satisfied.

The food was fresh, abundant and well-prepared, with care taken to also ensure that presentation and ease of access were prioritized. The staff was both efficient and professional, even asking us if they could improve in any areas of service.

The price point was also exemplary, as was the overall setting and ambiance. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited July 2013