“Apartments in Tourist Club Area”

and 1 more site!
Ivory Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi
New Delhi, India
“Apartments in Tourist Club Area”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We stayed at this apartment for two nights in November, 2013 at a higher price then their normal tariff due to some exhibition happening in Abu Dhabi. We also chose this apartment because of it location and it is easy move around from here (Tourist Club Area).

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE ABOUT THE HOTEL- Based on my personal experience and opinion.

-Unaccommodating Hotel : We arrived earlier than our scheduled Checkin time because of our flight timing feeling really tired and just wanting to sleep but we were told that we could only check in after 2pm so we had to hover around the hotel for more than 4hr waiting till 2pm .. I am pretty sure that we could have been handled in a better manner and maybe given a makeshift room for some time till our room is ready : (Again this is my opinion). Even during checkout we requested for a late checkout by an hour which is quite normal but even this request was refused and we were asked to leave exactly at 12:00pm .

-Internet Connection- Chargeable: The internet connection is available only for a day and not for an hour or a few hours and it work only in a specific area in the room. It only worked in our living room and not in our bedrooms.

-Bedroom Don't have televisions only in the living room area . Which we were told is similar with all the rooms in the apartment hotel. Even some of the TV channels don't have proper reception and generally have some problem or the other

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT THE HOTEL:

-Location Location Location: Great location situated in tourist club area 5 minutes walking distance from the Abu Dhabi Mall.Easy to move around Abu Dhabi from this location

-We were given a upgrade to a two bedroom apartment though we did not need the second room but having a second bathroom was really good.

- Kitchenette : Nice big kitchen with all the amenities (only if they had made some arrangement for drinking water it would have been really nice)

AVERAGE:

The rooms and the bathroom were average . The interior of the rooms and the living could be better. If you are going for a two bedroom apartment then please inform the hotel if you want both the rooms to have a king size bed as generally the second room have two small separate beds

I can't comment about their room service or food because I did not get a chance to try them out

Overall this hotel apartment is average according to my opinion and I think this is reasonably priced hotel apartment but it's need to become more customer centric so that they get client which choose them before any other hotel in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: - Advise the hotel if you need two bedrooms with king size beds as the second bedroom generally have...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kozhikode
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I was staying 2 weeks this hotel with my wife and my son and his wife and son . We enjoyed the stay, good location and staff, only we face little parking problem. There is a good kitchen facility for cooking the food.

Room Tip: We took 6th floor that was very good
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Helsingborg
Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

I was visiting Abu Dhabi with my parents and all three of us have the same experience.

Strange smell in the apartments which we worried about, gas? We asked reception and were told to turn on the air condition.. The windows couldn't close which made it hard to sleep from all the notice outside. There were no option for sleeping in anyway as a mosque is just next to the hotel.

It's a very old place in need of construction. I asked for cleaning one day when we noticed it was not done and got the info that cleaning was only done three times a week.

Definitely not worth your money. Better if with a tent.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank IdaHelsingborg

Travellers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed there 1 night. First the taxi driver could not find it. We kept asking and asking other taxi drivers, with no luck. It must have been a sign I should have never booked there.

The hotel is located in the middle of a dump, right next to a building in demolition and for the early birds, next to a mosque as well.
What shocked me as I entered the apartment was the smell of gas... When I raised it, security told me there was nothing to worry about, that it was the smell of paint. Yeah, right. I understood the next morning when I saw all these rusty metal pipes running alongside the pavements outside.
The apartment was just disgusting - the furniture was so worn out even a charity organisation would not want of it. To a point where it felt unsafe to sit on the couch. Just the thought of it makes me feel nausea... The window frames' paint was chipping off and rust running down into the bath... Worse, the ventilation grilles were also rusting so I have probably been breathing rust particules the whole night...
The 'icing on the rotting cake' was Mr and Mrs Cockroaches found hanging out in the kitchen.
If you still have some appetite after that, the breakfast will definitely turn you off.

We always rely essentially on Tripadvisor's reviews before booking our hotels, but this place's positive reviews are definitely a scam. Or 40 years old.

If you care for your safety and health, avoid that place.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Sociss-de-Monbe
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I have written about the Ivory before. recently had cause to visit them again and I was surprised. The place seems to have changed hands and they are well-into a process of overhauling the place. There is even a small restaurant opening soon. I was offered a first class deal on a two-bedroomed apartment. This place is even better value for money than it was before

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in early January. Whilst finding the complex was a little confusing (especially since reception is one floor above street level), it proved to be a comfortable, spacious hotel with friendly staff and a helpful, welcoming manager. Our apartment was clean with comfortable beds and good facilities. The only downside was that the kitchen did not have a proper toaster, and trying to make decent toast in a microwave grill was a waste of time. The hotel is well located in a very interesting area and close to the Abu Dhabi Mall. I would use this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ttrraaccyy
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The Experiance in the Ivory was average and there was serios lack of staff. also the hotel apartment does not display the name very prominenetly so it is easy to get lost. The staff was coordial but some basic amenities were missing in the apartment

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
blackberet, General Manager at Ivory Hotel Apartments, Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Dear TripAdvisor member,
Thank you for reviewing our property. Our hotel is subjected to strict evaluations by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and I am happy to share with you that we have consistently achieved a "Superior" grading. We assure you that we are fully compliant with the "staff to guest ratio" expected from a specialty lodging property such as ours'. We are located in the city-center, just off the city's most known thoroughfare; and to ensure guests don't lose their way, the hotel has large, neon signs mounted on both sides of the building. In addition, large-print location maps are always available at the reception. We are grateful for your feedback and will surely look into any aspect that ensures a better guest experience. We hope you will choose to live with us again!
With best wishes,