“Last minute stop”

Ranked #82 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Rotherham
“Last minute stop”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stopped here en route back to the UK following a long drive from Ruwais.
The hotel staff gave a very warm welcome and due to our late arrival suggested restaurants nearby that would still be open – very welcome and grateful for this.
The room was excellent – well-furnished and good facilities
We had a very peaceful night even though the traffic outside was heavy, even into the early hours

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was my first hotel to stay in the Abudhabi and the price was right affordable the room was big clean, cozy and the bed was comfy looks more like a 5* studio apartment really nice and very quiet free WiFi***.The staff are friendly very helpful din`t have the chance to check out the breakfast.All in all i loved it and i recommend it to any one traveling to Abu dhabi.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was one of my trips and stay in UAE and my first review on Trip advisor; I had travelled to Abu dhabi by road from muscat along with my family including 2 kids. We had made the reservation through booking.com few hours before we started. This time we wanted to spend less on lodging and spend more on fun and visiting places. After serious search, I could only find very few hotels at this rate. Keeping fingers crossed made the booking. Called the reception and obtained confirmation and conveyed to them that we would be arriving mid night.

Our first impression once we reached the Hotel, we found the same was on a strategic location walkable distance to Wahda mall & AD bus station (connecting all the places with in and long distance), a few minutes drive to Hamdan street, Grand mosque and corniche. We felt as if the reception staff were waiting to receive us though we reached late at around 5.00 AM. Staff helped us to get parking (Paid though – about AED 15/24 hours). Took 10 minutes for check-in.

Clean big room carpeted, tidy toilets, Big bed, appropriate room lighting are a plus. A small kitchen with some crockery and cutlery were a boon to us as we needed to prepare our own breakfast to our kids liking. Microwave with oven is Bonus. Free Wi Fi with good speed.

Staff was very cordial and few of them even guided us with routes to places which was very useful. We spent 3 quiet nights though there was a little noise from the streets in the early mornings (Which are unavoidable).

Everything thing else was excellent and we all enjoyed staying at this reasonable price. Our venture didn`t go in vain. We would recommend this hotel for family with small kids especially on leisure trips.

Room Tip: Hope rooms above 3rd floor should have less street noise especially in the mornings.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 6 April 2013

It was pleasure to stay in this hotel. Comfortable room, everything in room include toothbrash, comb,shampoo and gel and one million another things. Tea, coffee, milk in enough amount everyday in room. Also available unexpensive breakfast. Anyway Microwave, catel, owen,dishes,pots and pans (all new) ready to u in any moment. Of course Wi-fi.
Of course wounderfull big bed.
I really enjoed. Advise to all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 26 December 2012

This is a nice hotel with a good price . Hotel is clean and rooms are very large . Reception is flexable with late check out . staff were so helpful, they could not do enough for you. Easy distance from the airport .The hotel is fresh and modern, our room cool, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
leicester
Reviewed 22 September 2011

When we got to our room suite there was 1 double bed when we had booked singles, also booked for 3 people and no other beds in there! The room was a smoking room when booked a NON-smoking room! We were moved to another room (non-smoking) but still only 2 single beds so was brought a thin MATTRESS and no sheets or blankets so had to ask for them & for an extra towel every day! The room did not have a sofa as in the photos, only 2 chairs else could have slept on that. I chose this hotel as it looked to have a good sized room and a kitchenette which was quite pleasant but the sound of the traffic was so noisy I thought we would never sleep through it. When we ordered room service food from the menu they never had what we wanted.This is the 1st hotel where never had a complimentary newspaper. All in all we made the best of it but will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a garden view if that is any better for less noise
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank waterbabe65
Hampshire
Reviewed 19 January 2011

IN SHORT: Comfortable, friendly, first class service, great location. I will be back!

Tonight is night 5 at the Phoenix Plaza. I can’t express strongly enough how wonderful the staff here are. I’m what you might call a spoilt traveller. I work all over the world and often have the pleasure of staying at 5 star hotels, so you can imagine how fussy I can be!

SERVICE: I arrived here late at night, tired and hungry. The check in was friendly and efficient. I asked the staff where I could get some food and drinks. Their immediate response was to offer to go to the grocery store for me and buy anything that I needed.

Last night I returned late, and yes, you guessed it… hungry! The staff ordered a take away meal for me and had it delivered to my room. It was amazing value for money and absolutely delicious!

ACCOMMODATION: My apartment is very spacious and tastefully decorated. It is also spotlessly clean. The L shaped sofa is perfect for relaxing in front of the large flat screen TV. The bed is incredibly comfortable and there is ample storage space for clothes etc.

LOCATION: The position of the Phoenix Plaza is fantastic. Although the area itself is not exactly attractive, it’s in a great midway position between the exhibition centre (ADNEC) and the nightlife/beach. Taxis are cheap and plentiful. The fare to the corniche is around £2 and ADNEC is about £4. A large mall with a huge supermarket is about 5 mins walk away too, which is great as the apartment has good cooking facilities.

LITTLE TOUCHES: In addition to the usual shampoo and shower gel the hotel supplies a razor, dental kit and comb. The internet is very cheap and reliable. Massage is available at very low prices, but sadly I haven’t had time to try it out.

Please note there is no bar at this hotel but it takes only minutes to reach nightlife and means the building is peaceful. There is a coffee shop which serves breakfast but no evening meals.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business