“always satisfied”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Two years ago, I stayed at Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi. At that time, I took dinner at this restaurant, where is just close to the hotel. This time, I arrived at Abu Dhabi Main Bus Terminal at around 11.00 a.m. from Dubai. I walked about town for two hours in 38 degree C, though it was middle of November. I was thirsty and didn't have an appetite, I went to this restaurant to take late lunch and took a glass of draft beer and Zaru-udon (noodle). It's one of the most light, simple and cool Japanese food. I was so satisfied and felt that I was almost in Heaven in well air conditioned room. Here, menu is abundant and we can enjoy almost all Japanese food.

1  Thank Tadahiro H

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Compare to Wasabi the price is relatively cheaper, The sushi bento worth the most.and also the shrimp springroll is excellent. The services re great in which one occasion the staff accidently throw away the foods which we would like to take away. Subsequently we left the restaurant and thinking we reserved the right to claim. as such we have called back and suprisingly a very nice lady compensate back the same meal in our next visit.

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Good food prepared with style, with a real Japanese chef. He creates a great atmosphere thanks to his acrobatic way of cooking. Sushi good, wide variety of food for Teppanyaki and not only.

1  Thank lucabran
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I have been several times to Taiki, and have never been disappointed, in fact I love the food every time. The menu is very extensive, and delicious! Last weekend I ordered the black cod which is excellent. I used to eat the black cod at Nobu in London regularly and the black cod at Taiki is just as delicious. I also ordered the tempura soba noodle soup which is fantastic. Very very tasty and fresh. My husband lived in Japan for 5 years so he orders many things from the menu that he used to eat in Tokyo (of which I can't remember the Japanese names) but they are all excellent; Taiki is his favourite Japanese restaurant in the UAE. I also ordered a mackerel dish served on rice with a sweet sauce which both of us decided was one of our favourite dishes there!
We have both been to other Japanese restaurants in Abu Dhabi and Dubai, and Taiki really is the best here. It would also do very well in London as the food is better than in most of the Japanese restaurants I have been to there also!
Enjoy!!

Reviewed 7 November 2010

This restaurant has tempanyaki section and tables. Smoking is allowed inside, no separate section at all.

I ordered the eaisiest thing the chef can made which was Chirashi and the special maki which contains salmon skin and cucumber and green tea for my drink. I was the 2nd table in the restaurant since it was opened. I was served my tea 30 mins after the order, and my complimentary salad came 10 mins later than the tea. I followed up for the food and was confirmed coming .. but nothing showed up..........End up to pay more hour for the parking (instead of finish one time like my intention)........My food came 45 mins after I ordered...........oh well

I think the reason is the sushi chef didn't follow the order. One filipino guy cannot do by sequence and choosed to serve all the people who ordered sashimi first. My order is sashimi on top of the sushi rice...but won't come without the follow up.

The maki I ordered came with salmon meat and the waitress again argued it was salmon skin which I asked for the proof but she can't. She argued all the times. I felt no respect from her.

The food is so so, nothing special, small pieces of sashimi. No one came to refill my tea till I had to ask..... no impression at all

If you have plenty of time and want a place to hang out, may be this is the one. You can sit there waiting for your food and finished in 3 hours for the immediate food.