“my first taste of authentic japanese cuisine”
Review of Taiki

Taiki
Ranked #1,217 of 2,087 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“my first taste of authentic japanese cuisine”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've got nothing to compare the restaurant to since this is my sushi kingdom visit. I mean, I've already sushi but they come handy from fast-food restos and the ones at the grocery shops.

There food servings can be shared by two "not-really-starving" ladies. During our visit, we even had some "extras". :))) Ended up a bit tipsy with a small decanter of sake.

The food was delicious plus the chef gave us some tips on how to prepare them.
The customer service was amazing (not just because most of them were Filipinos).

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Anna E

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“First Experience with Teppan Yaki”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had never had Teppan Yaki before. The meal which a Japanese chef prepares in front of you. This was the first time and it didn't disappoint.

We ordered way too much food though, but all of it was good. I find it hard to keep track of exactly what we had because I didn't order. We had some sashimi and the big battered shrimp as a starter and some more little bits and bobs, which I don't remember the name of. Even though it's one of my first experience in a Japanese restaurant that isn't Yo Sushi, it wasn't hard to eat any of the "strange" dishes I had served in front of me. The octopus for example tasted lovely and even the big shrimp was great. It doesn't make it hard to get to know a new experience when it's all so tasty.

As a main I had the Teppan Yaki Tenderloin. I almost had to because we were seated in front of the chef, who was eager to get cooking. He made the vegetables with some garlic butter in front of us and served that straightaway. Then for 1 person he made the chicken, then for another the seafood and for the four last ones he made the tenderloin. He cooked it exactly right and it tasted lovely.

All in all we had too much food, but it tasted amazing so I'm not complaining. I'd definitely like to go back there to try more dishes I've never tried before.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food!”
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Ate from the a le carte menu. Sushi and sashimi were fantastic, fresh and tasty. Shrimp spring rolls also a highlight. Staff were polite, and the place lacked ambience but the food was definately worth it and would return again.

• Visited June 2013
Tokyo, Japan
“always satisfied”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Two years ago, I stayed at Royal Meridien Abu Dhabi. At that time, I took dinner at this restaurant, where is just close to the hotel. This time, I arrived at Abu Dhabi Main Bus Terminal at around 11.00 a.m. from Dubai. I walked about town for two hours in 38 degree C, though it was middle of November. I was thirsty and didn't have an appetite, I went to this restaurant to take late lunch and took a glass of draft beer and Zaru-udon (noodle). It's one of the most light, simple and cool Japanese food. I was so satisfied and felt that I was almost in Heaven in well air conditioned room. Here, menu is abundant and we can enjoy almost all Japanese food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Tadahiro H
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“A super awesome restaurant with excellent services”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Compare to Wasabi the price is relatively cheaper, The sushi bento worth the most.and also the shrimp springroll is excellent. The services re great in which one occasion the staff accidently throw away the foods which we would like to take away. Subsequently we left the restaurant and thinking we reserved the right to claim. as such we have called back and suprisingly a very nice lady compensate back the same meal in our next visit.

• Visited June 2012