“Great food especially the live cooking”
Review of Taiki - CLOSED

Taiki
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have been to the restaurant for its live cooking..The food was delicious and clean..and the staff were so nice and friendly. I had my 2 years daughter with me..When the staff knew it was her birthday they got us at the end Japanese sweet cake with candle...it was on the house..they made a nice atmosphere..I am so thankful for them thinking about it..

Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

I'm a passionate sushi lover and this is best sushi ever. Quality of food was top as well as presentation and service

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I am here at the restaurant celebrating my birthday but had the worse experience. Appetizer of Gyoza I ordered didn't even arrive after all the main course and when I chased for it, service staff simply said, "do you still want it?" And when I confirmed my suspicions, there was no sense of remorse that it wasn't even prepared. I also showed her a half rated tempura which has signs of uncooked flour and she showed me a face and walked away! Definitely not a place I will even step into ever again!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've got nothing to compare the restaurant to since this is my sushi kingdom visit. I mean, I've already sushi but they come handy from fast-food restos and the ones at the grocery shops.

There food servings can be shared by two "not-really-starving" ladies. During our visit, we even had some "extras". :))) Ended up a bit tipsy with a small decanter of sake.

The food was delicious plus the chef gave us some tips on how to prepare them.
The customer service was amazing (not just because most of them were Filipinos).

1  Thank Anna E
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I had never had Teppan Yaki before. The meal which a Japanese chef prepares in front of you. This was the first time and it didn't disappoint.

We ordered way too much food though, but all of it was good. I find it hard to keep track of exactly what we had because I didn't order. We had some sashimi and the big battered shrimp as a starter and some more little bits and bobs, which I don't remember the name of. Even though it's one of my first experience in a Japanese restaurant that isn't Yo Sushi, it wasn't hard to eat any of the "strange" dishes I had served in front of me. The octopus for example tasted lovely and even the big shrimp was great. It doesn't make it hard to get to know a new experience when it's all so tasty.

As a main I had the Teppan Yaki Tenderloin. I almost had to because we were seated in front of the chef, who was eager to get cooking. He made the vegetables with some garlic butter in front of us and served that straightaway. Then for 1 person he made the chicken, then for another the seafood and for the four last ones he made the tenderloin. He cooked it exactly right and it tasted lovely.

All in all we had too much food, but it tasted amazing so I'm not complaining. I'd definitely like to go back there to try more dishes I've never tried before.