“awesome stay”
Review of Paragon Hotel

Paragon Hotel
Ranked #103 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 April 2012

i stayed at paragon for the first time with my fiancee from south africa ,the stuff was helpful and the place was clean and nice beside the room i have was small but everything was amazing,i will be back again soon.

Room Tip: room 2012 is to small for a couple or family,and the ask for a cash deposit that u will get it back...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grace M

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Arrived in Abu Dhabi at 8:00 pm and didn't want to wait at airport until my flight to Athens the next morning. The people at Etihad told me that I'd definitely need a visa to get out for even one night, and I therefore did not pre-book anything. But I took a chance anyway, and sailed through passport control with no problem.

Next challenge was to find a hotel. The tourist information chap at the airport was as indifferent as could be, more interested in sending text messages to friends than helping me, although he did give me a booklet with some hotels in AD. I was too tired to work through this, especially since no rates or reviews are printed, and since Paragon has an office at the airport as you exit, I booked with them.

The ride to the hotel from the airport was too long - there must be some decent hotels nearer the airport which the tourist information guy could have told me about - and even at that time (9:00 pm) we encountered traffic in the city which delayed my arrival at the hotel. Not sure how centrally located it is, but it seemed stuck near a busy shopping mall.

Check-in was efficient and fine, but not exactly warm, and the young lady informed me that the rate did not include breakfast, which was disappointing. My room was better, clean, spacious, and well-presented, but the fridge was empty, which meant I had to get dressed again to pop out for a snack. This was the last thing I wanted to do, but it was obvious from my telephone call that to stock up the fridge was going to take too long, and Room Service would also be unpredictable.

Opened the curtains the next morning for an indifferent view, and checked out. This time, the young Philipinese clerk was more than friendly, and she tried to help in any way she could. Last impression was good, but on enquiry with local expats in Dubai, I found out that the price I'd paid was far too high for the experience, and together with the additional 110 AED I paid for the taxis, I was not too happy

From my brief experience, Abu Dhabi is not as glamorous as it appears in its advertising, and the staff at the airport, particularly the Emiratees, can do with a healthy dose of customer service training. Next time I'll fly through Dubai again.

Room Tip: Really not sure, as my stay was too short. Do your homework beforehand.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AkiJohannesburg
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This hotel is situated right down town and in the middle of plenty of shops and restaurants. They have their own underground car park, internet is free (wired) in rooms and the rooms are fine for a short stay. The paragon is clean and easy, great value for money in a fantastic spot.

Room Tip: Further from the lifts is best so you don't hear them and wake up.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Excellent hotel,friendly staff,central location,neat rooms,clean bathrooms,stayed in 16th floor,exceellent for Indians who want vegetarian fare,Sangeetha chain of hotel is next door,definitely will stay again

Room Tip: non smoking rooms from floor1 to 6
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is a nice, clean hotel. We also had difficulty locating it. We arrived late at night, without an Abu Dhabi map, only my Google Map printout. Street configuration in Abu Dhabi is confusing, and often no street signs at intersections. If you have time, be sure to have your google map set to detail to find this hotel. We asked for directions several times, as we didn't have the hotel phone number with us. (my bad) From the street, look for the Crystal next to it.
The two staff people at the front desk were incredibly arrogant and unhelpful. But, check-in went smoothly. The room was clean, but had a funky odor. Not sure if it was the carpeting or just old smell. The bathroom was small but had a tub. Included were 2 decent sized bath towels, and one small hand towel. Bed was very comfortable. We were on the no-smoking floor, 1st floor. It was very quiet.
The parking garage was neat, very accessible, and easy to park.
Nice bonus was free internet in the room via ethernet cable. Just a reminder that the UAE censors the internet. Please don't expect that you will get free access to internet everywhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Not the cheapest hotel, but definitely not expensive, and really nice for the price & location. Looks very new, and mostly clean, except for the bathroom, which had been cleaned, but black hairs were left in the shower (possibly from housekeeping?) View was pretty lame (an empty lot), and it was REALLY hard to find... we spent about half an hour driving around and around before we finally saw it... it definitely needs a bigger sign & the address says Zayed First St, but its actually located about a block or 2 away, next to Crystal hotel, which can be seen from Shaykh Rashid Bin Said Al Makhtoum Street, but NOT from Zayed First st. This is certainly not helped by the fact that streets in Abu Dhabi have at least 2-3 different names each, and that's not because they change every other block, like many cities in the Middle East or even Europe, but they actually are named all of these names at the same time, so when you are on Zayed First St you are also on 7th st, and also on Electra St... all at the same time (!), etc ,etc. The room was really nice inside- new furniture, carpet, fixtures, etc- and the staff were both friendly and efficient, except for one of the security guards for the parking lot, who told us that it was full after we got back late at night from a day-trip to Dubai. We pressed him to tell us where we would have to park, since we were guests at the hotel (and had been told at check-in that parking out front would earn us a ticket). He relented and let us enter the garage, in which we not only found a free space, but also several spaces that had been wasted by inept drivers who had taken up more than one spot. In hindsight I'm wondering if he expected some sort of "tip" for letting us park? I found the bed really comfortable, but my wife had difficulty getting to sleep- the mattress was not firm, though it certainly wasn't old or worn out. Didn't try the restaurant, but the Sangeetha Restaurant across the street was amazing!!!! Especially good for vegetarians! Close to the gold souk if you're looking for that. We were just on a 25 -hour layover, so wanted to see as much of the UAE as possible. Would recommend for a brief stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We had a lovely night in the Paragon in a deluxe king room with breakfast included. The room was spacious with a lovely bed, the bathroom was nice just a little small almost like an after thought. The bath was very small but no complaints as it was very clean and comfortable and in a good location to where we needed to be. We had free internet in the room using a cable which was good.
The breakfast had a good selection of food and the chef offered to make any type of eggs for us. Check out was a little slow but apart from that perfect stay!

Room Tip: We could here the bell from the elevator so if your a light sleeper maybe ask for the room furthest...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple