This theme park is so large, has had so much money spent on it and is connected to none other than "Ferrari"... so we had very high hopes... but were sadly disappointed:
1. Long, inefficient lines everywhere
- to get in, we queued for more than an hour to get tickets (Dec 2010) and when we got in, the park was pretty much empty (although it filled up later in the day). Couldn't they have more ticket sellers? The lines were chaos and people were pushing in.
- to get on rides, there was no system and waits were about an hour. At some of the kids rides, some kids were pushing to the front with the attendants watching them and doing nothing about it (parents were telling them to do it... really rude). At the dual rollercoaster ride, there were no signs so people were all queuing up for one track... it meant an hour long wait on the yellow track and empty cars on the red track... attendants couldn't have cared less or were so poorly trained that they didn't even encourage people to even out.
2. Rides are mediocre and a waste of time
- I could walk faster than many of the rides (and I thought Ferraris were supposed to be FAST!!). I saw people on their iphones and blackberries the rides were that boring.
- There aren't enough rides to make the place interesting - either really slow kids rides or simulators that you have to pre-book about 6 hours in advance and then wait around for.
- The twin track rollercoaster was ok but no loops or high climbs so about right for my 8 year old who liked it... not exciting for adults.
3. Zero atmosphere
- No entertainers whilst you are waiting for an hour in every queue, no great F1 videos, just blank walls... boring, boring, boring. About as exciting as an office block.
4. Best rides are closed or having mechanical problems - the G-Force and the 250km/h rollercoaster were both shut and having problems.
5. Restaurants can't cope with even reasonable demand - long queues (again!) and running out of food by dinner. Food was ok and price was similar to other places in Abu Dhabi.
Pity as it is a great brand, a great building (a little like an airport) and they have spent a lot of money on this (and charging a lot of money!!).
Really, don't bother.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.