“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Its a great feeling to actually be shooting!! Had a great time. They give you the basic training.
Not cheap though.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JoeAbe

birmingham
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 331 helpful votes
“This was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was a new experience for me and I really enjoyed it, the gun club is in a huge country club style building with lots of other amenities

You start off with a safety talk by one of the great instructors, they teach you about safety and how to hold the gun right etc.

Then they take you into the range, we fired two different pistols on the day and with the help of the instructors I was soon into the swing of it and hitting very new the bulls eye of the target
Really good fun!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank phil a
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Had a great time - give it a go - I want to go back already”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We (Mrs and I) both had a great time at the range today. Something like 250AED each for an individual tuition session on how to stand, aim etc followed by 25 rounds across two magazines at standard paper ring targets at 30ft or so. Mrs went from "I hate guns - you shouldn't like guns" to a competitive shot and really enjoying it over the space of an hour. For someone who had never picked up a pistol before they took good care of her, built her knowledge and confidence and supervised her the whole time with big smiles all round.
Standard pistol is the Caracal - It's a good pistol, but I paid for another set of ammunition (approx 75AED) and had a go with a Sig Sauer which I'd recommend - if you are there and have paid for the safety briefing etc the extra ammo's worth it to make the most of it.
In terms of finding it it's not where the map that is on this page is pointing - it is however easy to find - it's very near the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - it's clearly signposted off the main road (30th Street near the Musaffah Bridge) and it's on a larger complex called the Armed Forces Officers club and hotel - taxi drivers know of the complex.
Entrance is through the coffee shop/cafe/shop at the front where there is plenty of room to chill out if you are with other people that don't want to give it a go. At the time of our visit there were easily equal numbers of men and women, so no need to think this is going to be some sort of macho blokes thing, everyone is made very welcome. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Particularly our instructor Kenny/Kenneth (ex Phillipines army) - he was great and made it a great experience for us.
Well recommended - I want another go already!

Visited May 2014
4 Thank J_and_L_Yorks
Troon, Scotland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to go here during my visit to Abu Dhabi and I was definitely not disappointed! I had an amazing experience. Very good value for money. The 10 minute safety briefing at the beginning is very good and essential!

1 Thank louhayes
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had a few spare hours, waiting for my brother and a friend to come back from their visit to Ferrari World (been there and IMHO not worth a second visit) so I decided to look for some alternative things to do. Found the Caracal Shooting Club website, called to see if I could come over and was told no reservations were needed, just drop by.

Once there you will be asked to hand over a ID (emirates ID or your Passport - does not have to be an Emirates one) and to fill in a form. For first time shooters, a surcharge of 50 dhs applies for the security briefing.

The instructor was very professional and experienced and made sure that this first shooting experience was a good one. After the security briefing it was time to enter the shooting range.

There you are instructed on how to load the gun and then it's time to fire your first shot!

I really enjoyed this experience and later that day I took my brother and our friend for their first shooting experience and I decided to go for another round of shooting myself as well!

If you have some spare time in Abu Dhabi and like shooting or like to try shooting, give this shooting club a go, you won't regret it!

Visited January 2014