Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
3,134 results
All reviewsclub millesimefizz barprestige suitepool barall day diningspecial thanksabu dhabi cornichemarina mallclub roomsea viewrain showershuttle busmain restaurantexcellent hotelamazing serviceduty managerthe executive lounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Booked this due to new jazz bar and close proximity to Hilton for our favorite bar. On arriving saw lunch offer at la mer, without a doubt the best lunch in years. Wagyu and red snapper to die for. Highly recommended. Evening spent in jazz and fizz with lots of ladies as it was their night. So my drinks free. All good except for the large cigars next to me.
Would I stay again probably but defo not for sunbathers as no sun till late. Over all nice rooms and people.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charlietraveler57
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

We appreciate reading positive feedback regarding the La Mer Business Lunch.

Stiletto night at Jazz & Fizz happens every Tuesday, with a live performance from our saxophonist.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Nael El-Wary, General Manager

Reviewed 15 September 2012

I haven't expected much from the newly opened Sofitel in terms of service and overall property. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The property itself is great design-wise; the room was spacious, cosy and well-equipped. The staff was really friendly and helpful. The pool area is too small for my taste, but the view of the towers and the endless sky compensate - although would have been better if one could actually see the Corniche.
Anyway, this hotel will definitely become one of the nicest properties in Abu Dhabi - for business travellers.

Room Tip: The higher the floor - the better
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate_Zu
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your satisfying review of Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is always a pleasure to read you enjoyed the design and equipment of our hotel.

Your feedback has already been shared with all the departments.

We hope to welcome you again in our property and give us the opportunity to serve you even better next time.

Nael El-Waary,

Reviewed 14 September 2012

. A new hotel, that started to be fully operational now. Is in the same sophisticated class of the Sofitel brand, with a lot of show that makes it unique.
Large & generous spaces, large rooms, with possibility to open the "wall" between the room and the bath, a wall masked as a nice folding arabesque. Nice & very good quality accessories & cosmetics.
The design is refined, with hi-tech equipment. Internet works fine.
Services are at a top level, prompt, professional and very friendly.
The food is fine, but nothing spectacular, unfortunately, to be in the line of the hotel atmosphere and services. The chef is fine, good dishes, but I think here can be more improvement as imagination. I noticed almost same type of food at dinner as was at lunch time. Some dedicated dinner nights (as Sheraton - that is across Sofitel does) I think that will be welcome.
The meeting & conference rooms are fine, well equipped, in the same class of such hotel, with very good snacks and beverages for the breaks.
As suggestion: everyone is expecting in such actions to find the means to take notices; would be better to replace the pencils that cannot be re-sharpen with some ballpoint pens.
As a remark: the swimming pool, very clean and well maintained otherwise, is sunny afternoon time, so was a pity could not be used in the morning time, before to get too hot during this period.
I really appreciated the stay in the hotel and I recommend it for any corporate actions or individual ones, of course if your budget affords to stay in such location.

Room Tip: ask to give you with view to the sea; the panorama is fantastic!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank gabpop
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It was satisfying to read that you enjoyed the room design, the commodities of the hotel and the quality of the service. Rest assured that all our team will do their best in order to satisfy all our guests.

We thank you for staying with us.

Awaiting to welcome you again at our property.

Nael El Wary,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

The hotel was nice and new. Overall service was ok, but not exceptional.

The service at the executive level was phenomenal. They were proactive, professional and very friendly. They must be very well trained.

The food was not that great, but I mus say I really enjoyed the breakfast.

Will be back soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Michisn

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

I, along with the entire Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche team, look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Nael El-Wary

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Now I am I lucky enough to travel the world (business and pleasure) and new to reviewing on TA but needed to write this so the hotel gets the message and others don't head to the hotel untill they get their act together. Which I expect to be a few months.

Now I want to state early that I am a Sofitel fan and also really liked this hotel, its rooms and staff but they are all on training wheels.
Now the hotel is only been finished a few months but expect that a chain the size of this should be better in training their staff.
I respect that everyone has to start somewhere but I am writing this review in this tone not to slam the hotel but to help them get everything sorted so everything comes together.
I am sure that everything comes together for this grand opening.
So wait until then to stay there in my opinion.
First off all we bought a club room and there was no club it wasnot finished, so they compensated with a corner suite upgrade which was nice. ( but never should of been advertised and sold as a club room)

Then we had no hot water the first morning, then no water at all as we were about to go to Hakkasan for dinner to have a shower that night.
The staff were fantastic in damage control, but would expect that a brand new hotel, a world chain and the price we were charged we would of had a better experienced.
We did get a late check out and a bottle of wine as compensation which we are satisfied with the overall response and stay but will say it's going to take the inexperienced team a few months of training and time in business to get the service experience in all other Sofitel hotels world wide.
So take this as a glass half filled review.

Room Tip: Suites are great
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Damorob
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Sofitel brand and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your most recent stay at the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche on TripAdvisor.
We appreciate any and all feedback from our guests, as this is the best way to understand which areas to focus on as we continue to strive improvement. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.

We understand your disappointment as we did not provide the degree of service you expected at Sofitel. Rest assured that I will arrange the necessary measures and trainings accordingly in order to ensure that our service levels are brought back to the Sofitel standards.

Once again I truly thank you for your feedback and loyalty. We hope that you will present us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Please continue to send us your feedback at customer.service@sofitelabudhabicorniche.ae

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Nael El-Wary, General Manager