Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
3,176 results
All reviewsclub millesimefizz barprestige suitepool barall day diningspecial thanksabu dhabi cornichemarina mallclub roomsea viewrain showershuttle busmain restaurantexcellent hotelamazing serviceduty managerthe executive lounge
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We are a married couple living in Abu Dhabi, we stayed at Sofitel on New year's Eve for one night only and were offered a late checkout the next day.

Although we live in Abu Dhabi we wanted to spend that special night in a hotel and since Sofitel is fairly new we booked it.

The hotel itself is beautiful, the room was gorgeous, the only reason I rated cleanliness a 3 is that we found an empty water bottle on the floor of our room next to the bed which gave us the impression that the room was hastily readied and cleaned for us.

There's a great selection of food in the room service menu so we ordered breakfast in bed the next day and it was scrumptious.

Despite the cleanliness issue I would still recommend Sofitel.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank chocobon
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I sincerely apologize for the empty bottle in your room. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Room: Luxury Room with Club access

The hotel is very new (only opened a year or so) so everything is very shiny and modern. Checkin was fast and seamless and April was very warm and welcoming.

ROOMS:
The rooms were fantastic. The bed was the usual Sofitel cloud. The TV was a large widescreen. I found it interesting there is a DVD library to hire DVDs from, but no DVD player in the room? Free Wifi and ethernet connections which ran at good speed. Comfortable rain shower.

Pro: Complimentary stable wifi
Con: Bathroom tiles in shower already showing wear. No DVD player in room.

CLUB ACCESS:
The staff on the Club floor are nothing short of fantastic. Nothing was too much to ask.
Breakfast was a smallish spread and the staff take your egg and tea/coffee order promptly. There's some hot foods, fruits, breads, yoghurt - all the good stuff needed to start your day.

Other food provided throughout the day were good (the quiches were great!) and of course complimentary softies all day.

FACILITIES:
The pool was reasonably sized, but didn't seem to be heated in winter. The gym was adequate, but if the hotel was at capacity it would be crowded and squishy. Personal trainer was offered.

The concierge was very helpful in assisting us to plan our days.

I would definitely return the next time I visit Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: If the cost is small (around $30pp p/n) upgrade to Club access. Higher floor rooms and other benefits like late checkout. Ocean view rooms are fantastic, minus the construction going on.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maelstrom38

Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to know that you liked all the services provided by our Ambassadors, the room décor, the views and the choices provided during breakfast.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

We booked prestige suite and it was worth every penny. Great personilized service from the moment we walked in reception to the moment we left. Sofitel is our favorite hotel to stay in when traveling and we have have not been dissappointed yet. The beds are awesome and you will definitey get a good nights rest in their beds. Highly recommend Sofitel to those traveling to Abu Dhabi or any other destination where there is a Sofitel. It is SOgood. Thank you Abu Dhabi Staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jamesatkins

Reviewed 5 February 2013

I echo previous reviewers in commending the friendly, competent staff at this hotel. We stayed for two nights and found everyone working at the hotel exceptionally helpful and kind. For a hotel that opened very recently, it was a pleasant surprise to see things ran smoothly.

We had a corner room, which was ideal as we were travelling with a baby who could nap in the separate entrance area of the room. The bathroom was beautiful and of high standard. Very nice rain shower. Beautiful view of the sea also, including from the bathroom.

The breakfast buffet was delicious with great fresh fruit and lots of warm food choices.

Overall, a fantastic hotel, and very good value for money for the rate we paid.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank intersperse
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us. We am happy to know that you liked all the service provided by our Ambassadors, the room décor, the views and the choices provided during breakfast.
We will definitely share your feedback with the team which serves as encouragement in our constant endeavor to deliver the highest level of quality and service.

Best regards,

Nael El-Wary,

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I spent Christmas through New Year at the Sofitel Hotel in Abu Dhabi this year -- it is hands down the friendliest hotel I've ever stayed in. From check-in to check-out the hotel employees went over and above to make sure everything was up to standard during my stay. The morning breakfast was a little pricey, but the quality of food served was very impressive. On New Years Eve I placed a room service order of Beef Tenderloin brought to my room by a gentleman named Lokhai. Mr. Lokhai was very professional and showed exemplary class in making sure my dinner was laid out and prepared exactly how I had ordered it. During the last night of my stay, I ate at the La Mer seafood restaurant on the 6th floor I believe. Again, the service from the staff was outstanding -- the kitchen even brought out an additional plate of caviar and cake for dessert compliments of the sheff.

To top everything off, the night prior to my departure I asked the front desk if they would be willing to give me a late checkout of 5:00 PM for an additional cost -- they of course refused to accept any money, and gave me a late check-out at no cost. The Sofitel Abu Dhabi provided me with exceptional service, I look forward to my next stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank camalexander16
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that our ambassadors were able to make your stay special and that you enjoyed our dining options.

Rest assured that we will share all the feedback with our management and team and such feedback helps in team motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Nael El-Wary,