“Super hotel, efficient staff and great value”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Doha
“Super hotel, efficient staff and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

Tempted by a special offer, my daughter and I spent two blissful evenings sleeping soundly in the gloriously comfortable beds in this great hotel. The location is very convenient, being on the Corniche, the staff extremely well trained, smart, refreshingly helpful and happy. The rooms are spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The only slight problem was the absence of a quick eating venue. Room service seemed the obvious solution but it was slow and they were unable to offer the full menu. Highly recommend this one and am considering paying a visit just to relax in the hotel for a weekend.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gillian R
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 7 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am pleased to know that our Ambassadors made your stay comfortable and that you enjoyed our rooms.

Your feedback is important to us, your comments about Room Service have been well noted and being addressed by the management. The next time you visit us, I hope that you take advantage of the free shuttle going to Corniche Beach and Marina Mall.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel is brand new.The lobby is nice and the staff are brilliant.The view would probably be fantastic when the construction around the hotel is completed.
The bed was comfortable and the open plan bathroom adds space and luxury look to the room.
We had an evening meal at one of its restaurants .The ambiance was great but the food was over priced and was not that good.I had lunch at the hotel as well and I could not eat my Caser salad because it was not edible (tasted really bad ).I did not try the spa.
However I will go back to stay at the hotel but will not eat there.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tayseer m
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am sorry that your F&B experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Your feedback is important to us, I appreciate your comments about our food. Rest assured that our menus are already under review by the management and when our new Executive Chef arrives, there will definitely be some changes made.

Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

Overall the hotel is very nice, the rooms are new and neat. The beds are comfortable and bathroom are very luxurious. the staff is very very attentive and helpfull! Beautiful pool and pool bar too! The only thing i didn't like much is the food! The buffet is really impressive (lunch n Breakfast) extremely wide variety but the taste misses and a lot of basic like a variety of cheese and yogurt for breakfast! You have more cooked stuff. Omelet and scrambles are very good also crepes n waffles, all are made freshly when you order them. We also had a diner at the pool restaurant but we were disappointed by the taste too!
As for the business area, the conference rooms are well equipped and very practical. Perfect for business meeting!

1 Thank Jihanedh
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad to know that you like our business facilities, particularly our meeting rooms and business center.

Your feedback is important to us, especially your comments about our buffet. Our menus are currently under review by the management, and changes are already underway as our new Executive Chef will be joining us soon. I hope that we get the chance to try our buffet on your next visit.

Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche 20th > 27th Feb. As many others have commented this is primarily a business hotel. However we used it as our vacation hotel and it work very, very well indeed.
From the moment we stepped through the front doors we were made to feel welcomed and valued customers. Front desk staff was always courteous and polite. Concierge staff were just excellent really very good and some of the best we have observed. Very often staff new our names when passing around the hotel which again made our stay feel very personal. We booked a Prestige suite 16th Floor (1601) which also gave us access to the Club Millesime which I would 100% recommend as excellent value for money. Having this club access became a bigger part of our overall holiday experience than we had anticipated when booking back in Nov 12. The Club Millesime staff were all superb and gave us a wonderful experience. I would like to particularly thank Devendra and Rangana for their courteous and always welcoming smile and conversation with helpful advice and tips.
The hotel offers an excellent shuttle bus service to the beach area with complimentary private beach passes and sun beds. You could always walk to / from the beach along the fantastic corniche, with great views and polite people. The walk to Gate 3 beach takes around 60mins but with so much going on around you it’s a very easy walk.
I would not hesitate to recommend Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche for its beautiful rooms and internal fittings, but most of all its very friendly staff who made this stay a one to truly remember. Well done staff of Sofitel.

Room Tip: Go for a Prestige suite, its a fantastic experience
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Knockout28
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad to know that our Ambassadors made your stay special and that you enjoyed the Prestige Suite and the Club Millesime.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, I will share your comments with our Ambassadors, I am sure this will serve as an encouragement as we continually strive to give quality and consistent 5-star service to our guests.

Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Attendive staff welcomes you at the reception with a french bonjour. The rooms are very neat and bathroom can be accessed trough the door or trough a sliding door towards the bedroom. The room itself may be a bit dark due to the dark wood. The bed is quite soft, some may like this.

Service is excellent in the restaurant, the lobby and elsewhere. The breakfast at the restaurant is great. The buffet has a big variety of local and international cuisine and costs around 150 Dirhams. Fruits and smoothies are fresh and warm food is of good quality.

The approximity of the water is just great for a loveley evening or for a run. The beachwalk can be accessed trough a pedestrian tunnel.

I would defenately go there again.

1 Thank Eyewash69
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback.

I am glad to know that our Ambassadors made your visit special and that you liked our amenities, decor and dining options. I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed during IDEX exhibition. Brand new hotel (1 year old). Personnel is extremely kind. Rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable. I put 3 for the bed because I found it a bit hard for my taste. Location is not glamour. It is on Corniche road. Well situated for business. Swimming pool is nice but stuck in the middle of tall buildings and windy. For leasure, there are much better hotels in Abu Dhabi.

1 Thank POVParis_France
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am pleased to know that our Ambassadors were able to make your visit comfortable and that you liked our room decor.

To enhance your leisure experience, we have recently launched a complimentary shuttle that goes to Corniche Beach and Marina Mall.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that you give us another chance to create a Magnifique experience for you.