“Business Premium”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bangkok, Thailand
“Business Premium”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This brand-new hotel has a lot going for it. In addition to being located near a lovely park stretching along the waterfront, the hotel also offers regular shuttles to the Corniche beaches and the Marina Mall.
The rooms are well equipped and comfortable, although a bit 'masculine' and businessy in design. But they are stocked with great Lanvin toiletries. As mentioned elsewhere, the beds are amazingly comfortable.
Every afternoon they have a man in traditional costume standing in the lobby offering guests and visitors alike fantastic coffee with cardamon, rosewater and saffron, and a plate of dates — a local specialty.
The staff is friendly, attentive and prompt, and the breakfast buffet is really spectacular.
The only downside — and it is a minor one — is that there is no in-room iron and the one housekeeping delivers is a pretty chintzy affair.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor as a construction site across the road ruins what is otherwise a fa...
1 Thank Spacemoth
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is a pleasure to know that you liked our rooms and the amenities that we have for guests. The Sofitel MyBed is one of our signature items and I'm glad to know that it has made your stay comfortable.

I will share your comments with the team, I'm sure this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 26 March 2013 via mobile

We chose Sofitel in Abu Dhabi due to quite high ranks on tripadvisor and reasonable price for a 5 star hotel. Definitely Emirates Palace is the best one but my opinion it is a bit overpriced.

The room is not so big as in Dubai hotels but it is ok. Stylish bathroom with 2 doors.

We spend 3 nights in the hotel. The breakfast is very variable, it has a wide selection of food: dim sum were one of the best I tried, the cost is 290 AED for 2 person.

The pool in the hotel is big enough, but the weather was windy and the sun was there after 3 o'clock .

In the hotel there are several restaurants and bars. The best I should say I seafood restaurant La Mer - it has a good variety of fresh fish from the local marker, the prices for wine are quite reasonable for Abu Dhabi. Definetely a place to visit. Dinner for 2 persons with wine will be around 1200 AED.

We went to the pool bar, tried shisha there - not the best one...

But nevertheless I recommend this hotel due to a reasonable price and good location.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ivan S
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked our F&B outlets, especially our award winning seafood restaurant, La Mer.

I will definitely share your comments with the team, as this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Kaarst
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Now that we spent a week in this great hotel and are about to leave, it is time to thank all the people who made our holiday so special. You couldn't find a friendlier and more helpful receptionist than TJ, a more competent concierge than Rachim and a more attentive man to serve you at the breakfast table than Bhagwan. Thanks also to Izaz in the lobby for the Arabian coffee and all the information every day. But these are just examples. We didn't find a single staff member that didn't greet us with a smile whenever we passed them. It is this, which, in our opinion, makes a stay pleasant: the 5-star service 'from the heart'.
Any complaints? Not worth mentioning. The housekeeping seems to be a little confused, now and then they knock at your door at 10 in the night (!) for the 'turn down', sometimes they leave you a chocolate on your pillow, mostly they don't. It is simply not worth mentioning - and as the title of this feedback says: Just like at home. Home isn't perfect either.
The breakfast is good but could do with some food-variation. Service at breakfast is excellent.
The location is very good for shopping, you need a taxi anyway if you want to get around in Abu Dhabi. We didn't use the pool as there is no sunshine and it isn't too inviting (other guests already mentioned that) - but we didn't come for the pool anyway.
We strongly and warmly recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to enjoy a carefree stay in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank momokoko
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad to know that our Ambassadors made your holiday special and that you enjoyed your visit with us. Our location is one of our strengths, we are close to most of the major shopping malls. There is a complimentary shuttle to the Corniche and Marina Mall, one of the largest shopping malls in Abu Dhabi. I hope that you take advantage of it on your next trip.

I sincerely apologize if there were uncomfortable moments during your stay, rest assured that we are already looking into the matter so that it will not happen again.

Melbourne
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Stayed in March 2013 for one night. Rooms are first class and definitely worth the star rating. Huge room with king bed and huge en suite with walk in shower room. All amenities are first class. Hotel location is good on the Corniche overlooking the water (ask for a water view room). The hotel let me extend my check out to 7.00PM as I had a 10.55pm flight. Cost of the extension was 1/2 day rate which to my reckoning was worth it. Had dinner in their French restaurant (La mer?) which was so so. Would not bother again. Someone needs to teach the barman how to make Martini's... Eating in the buffet was excellent for breakfast and dinner. A great selection of foods from European, local and asian cuisines. During the day I visited the Gold Souk and purchased jewellery, Ferrari world, The grand mosque and Marina Bay Mall. Taxi fares to all were relatively cheap. Ferrari world is a fair way out of the city.

1 Thank prlanger
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am pleased to know that you liked our rooms, the views, the decor and amenities. Our location is one of our strengths, being near to a lot of attractions.

I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your time at one of our restaurants, rest assured that we are looking into the issue so that you will have a better experience on your next visit.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Not my first 5 stars hotel experience, not even my first Sofitel experience, but my best hotel experience ever, not because of the room confort, because of course the room is a really good size, really confortable & clean as per Sofitel standards, but because of it's employees. All staff no exception are more than professional, nice, smilling and willing to help. They will all try to make your stay a wonderfull experience, all of them from the front desk, to the concierge via cleaning or restaurant employees. Always asking if they can help in any way. They all like their jobs and it shows ! Not possible to personaly thank all staff, so thank you very much for making my stay a great experience. However, a special thanks to the concierge, Mr. Erwin, but also to his colleague.

The hotel gives free shuttle to the public beach with free access to beach and chairs. Also gives you discount on Ferrari World and certainly more. The hotel has many restaurant including an excellent Thaï.

Room Tip: Choose a room in high floors with port/sea view. Wonderfull view even more during sunrise :-)
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank SwissGreg
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It warms my heart to read such kind words about yoru visit. I am glad to know that our Ambassadors made your stay exceptional and that you enjoyed Silk & Spice, our Thai restaurant.

I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors as we strive continually to provide consistent quality service to our guests.

Adelaide
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Highly recommended example of the best that the Sofitel brand can deliver. Stayed in the Executive room level with access to the Club Milesime, a worthwhile investment in added luxury and the refinements and accoutrements that come with the higher grading of rooms.

Food is not inexpensive but the quality and quantites of serve, and the high level of service, make the dining here of an upper end of value and fine dining. The drinks are somewhat more expensive, and the additional nonalcoholic drinks are pricey, but this is a minor falw in what is, overall, one of the finest hotels you may ever stay in.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Peter T
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, I am glad that you have enjoyed your room, the Club Millesime, and our F&B outlets.

I hope to see you again, I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Manchester
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stayed in a premier suite with access to club Milleseme. Everything was brilliant; very friendly staff who just could not do enough for you, the room was excellent and the whole hotel exceeded our expectations. We ate in two of their restaurants, La Mer and the Pool bar- both excellent. A special mention must go to Mr Marco the maitre d of La Mer, for making the whole evening from wine tasting to a great culinary experience. Thank you.
Our only minor irritations were that the Jazz&Fizz bar didn't play enough Jazz and that the bellboys when they met your taxi, didn't seem to get that there are 2 rear doors to a taxi and for two occupants to get out with dignity, both rear doors should be opened, not just one. This didn't spoil our first Sofitel experience though. Simply brilliant!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank jima333
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you enjoyed our F&B outlets and that our Ambassadors made your visit comfortable.

A Cuban band has recently joined us recently and they have started playing live jazz music at Jazz n' Fizz. They will play everyday except Sunday. I hope that you will see them the next time you visit.