“Nice restaurant & good service”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Bandung, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
“Nice restaurant & good service”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

It was a exhausting day from a flight from my own country, Indonesia and it was a first time with honour to visit Abu Dhabi. My friend gave me a recomendation about Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It has a good location, but i and my friend had checked in another hotel. So we just visited and had a dinner there. At the first time we got there, we feel amazed of the elegant design. We just passed to have dinner, but already have a nice experience there. Comfortable restaurant, cozy sofa. The food was delicious. Nice service, friendly, specially david from corniche All day dining :). Next time if i have time, i will come back and stay in Sofitel Abu Dhabi, and i will recommended to my friend for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review about Corniche, our All Day Dining restaurant. I really appreciate the kind words and I am glad that you liked the ambiance, the decor and the food.

I will share your comments with the Corniche team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them as we strive to provide consistent quality service to our guests.

I hope that you'll stay with us on your next visit to Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I was Abu Dhabi to attend a workshop in Sofitel so i had the opportunity to stay in the luxurious. I was impressed with the excellent services, friendly and attentive staff and graceful ambience. The room was amazing with a graceful view of the sea and corniche.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms have good view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you liked the rooms and the amazing views over the Corniche.

I hope that you keep us in mind the next time you travel on business and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Very often, hotels offer either stylish, very elegant design OR excellent, competent service. In the case of the Sofitel Abu Dhabi, you get both: a truly chic, stylish hotel (in a very elegant way), combined with outstanding service. Throw in some of the best restaurants in Abu Dhabi (such as "La Mer") and enjoy a cocktail either in their live jazz bar or next to the pool, and you will certainly enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor, directly facing the Corniche.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I really appreciate all the kind words that wrote on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you liked the design of the hotel and our restaurants. On your next visit, I hope that you try our Thai restaurant, Silk & Spice.

I hope to see you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I was in Abu Dhabi for a short break and I chose Sofitel. Amazing choice that I have made. I get my room upgrade to a Business Suite. The room was spacious, with panoramic view of Corniche and the sea, the bed was magnificent, the bathroom simply amazing, the services and the staff were always above the expectations. Simply amazing!

Room Tip: Choose a "Luxuryus Room". You pay a little more, but you will get amazing views over the s...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked our rooms, the views and our amenities.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, especially about our Ambassadors. I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Great hotel with excellent, quality rooms, particularly the bathrooms.

Service again excellent, apart from breakfast service. Breakfast finished at 11.00am and we arrived at 10.15am. We were shown to a table by a guy in a black suit and told it would finish soon! - (but we still had 45 minutes). We were then left wondering what the procedure was. After 5 minutes we asked if we needed to order coffee and were told we should have ordered on arrival, but we were not asked. Breakfast was excellent, however, we had to ask for more coffee which took 10 minutes to arrive. On leaving we asked if we had to sign and the receptionist told us we should have given our room number on arrival. So generally, the staff at breakfast seemed disorganised - a strong contrast to the rest of the hotel.

One thing the hotel should do is to fix the safes to the wall in the rooms. You can literally pick them up and could just walk out of the room with them.

Apart from this, the whole experience was a good one. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose high floor
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I sincerely apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable at our restaurant. Rest assured that we are already taking the appropriate measures to ensure that it doesn't happen again. With reference to our safes, they are actually fixed to a shelf, which is in turn, is attached to the wall.

I apologize once again and I hope to see you again!

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We recently stayed in the Sofitel for 3 nights and it was very pleasant! The general staff was friendly and attentive. We requested a room with a King bed, which was not available at check-in, but they unblocked a room for us, which was nice.
The rooms were clean and spacious, very nicely decorated, loved the fact that the room had a rain shower and a separate bath tub. The pool bar Chill'O was fantastic with nice service, good drinks and shishas available after 6 PM.
The only negative thing is that my wife (she is from Thailand) visited the Silk & Spice restaurant within the hotel and was not very well treated, the waitress was quite rude and gave her the look, which was saying: "What are you doing here?". It might had been different if I was there with my wife, but unfortunately I had to attend a meeting.
Overall it was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Superior Room, which features a rain shower and a separate bath tub
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, I appreciate all your nice words. I am glad that you liked our rooms and the amenities. Chill'O is a nice place to go to relax after a stressful day.

I sincerely apologize if your wife was made to feel uncomfortable when she dined at Silk & Spice. Please feel free to contact us directly to tell us what happened.

Thank you once more and I hope to see you again!

H7507-AM@sofitel.com
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Great location, great hotel And great service! From arrival till departure, staff impressed us with their kindness, attention to detail and service!

We had a great view over the sea And the corniche!

Hotel provides free access to a private Beach at 2 min from hotel! Very nice beach with all commodities!

We tried their Sea Food (La Mer) restaurant And got pretty amazed! By far the best sea food restaurant I have experienced in the UAE! They also have a thai restaurant but did not have the chance to try! Will have to come back for that!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Virginie D
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. Your feedback is very important to us, I really appreciate all the kind words that you wrote. I am glad that you like the hotel, the rooms and the exceptional views over the sea.

La Mer is our award winning seafood restaurant, I will definitely share your comments with the team as I am sur that this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!