“Excellent night's stay”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Excellent hotel, very modern, with good amenities and excellent location for Corniche, downtown Abu Dhabi and a short 15-20 minute ride to Yas Island. The only thing that let it down was the slow service at breakfast and it took at least 15 minutes and approaches to around 5 staff to finally get a cup of tea.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I am glad that you liked the hotel, its location and our amenities.

I sincerely apologize if your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we are already taking the necessary action to ensure that this does not happen again.

I hope to see you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Nael El-Wary

Write a ReviewReviews (3,023)

Reviewed 30 April 2013

It has a strategic location in Abu Dhabi. have a nice and comfortable rooms, fantastic food menu and the staff are very polite so in this place I feel comfortable because their services (especially for Indonesian workers who work there .. thanks to Mr. David and his friends).

Room Tip: If possible select a room number XX01 - XX06 it is a nice room, direct view of the sea
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I appreciate your nice review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you liked our rooms, our restaurant and our cuisine.

I will definitely share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to David and his colleagues at Corniche.

I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Is there a single flaw in this beautiful place? The hotel itself is unbelievably exquisite, with an understated yet flawless decor. The staff could not possibly be more accommodating and friendly, and will happily do anything they can to make your stay perfect. The food is wonderful and they can make even the simplest things feel like a delicacy! The rooms are fabulous and will make you feel as if you're as posh as could be. After staying here you'll wonder how you ever enjoyed a stay anywhere else! If there's any way at all for you to stay here, you absolutely must! Its truly an unforgettable experience. I'm staying here at the moment and I could go on for days about how much I love this hotel. One of the few 5 star hotels that really is worth every single penny, or more realistically, dirham! The absolute best!

• Stayed: April 2013
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche! I am glad that you are liking the hotel so far, I appreciate all your kind words about the restaurant and our Ambassadors. I hope that you visit So Spa, Silk & Spice, La Mer and our other restaurants while you are still here.

I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them as we strive to provide consistent quality service to our guests.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you at the hotel!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

A first class hotel with first class service. All staff were unfailingly courteous and enthusiastic in their obvious desire to ensure we had a most comfortable and memorable stay. The hotel is located on the Corniche in close proximity to all amenities and was ideal for our overnight stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bonjour!

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. I appreciate all your kind words about the hotel and our Ambassadors. It's sad that you only stayed with us for a short while. I hope that the next visit will be a longer one so that you'll be able to experience the spa and our other restaurants.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Everything was so far perfect the service atmosphere and the drinks all exellent. The staff was very kind and is our best place now to go out at night with the friends. We will be regular guests from now on. Keep it up.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your experience at Chill'O. I am glad that you liked the atmosphere and our Ambassadors made you comfortable during your visit.

The Chill'O is a nice place to relax after a hard day's work, I am happy to know that I will see you and your friends regularly at the hotel.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We got a fantastic deal for the Sofitel, only 60 GBP for a night's stay so I feel slightly bad about giving an average review. The hotel was definitely worth paying this amount of money, but if I had been paying the normal room rate I would have felt a bit disappointed.

The first issue I have with the hotel is that we had a room facing towards the Port, not a nice view at the best of times but on this occasion it didn't really matter as when we went to look out the window we had no chance of seeing a thing. The windows were absolutely caked in sand and dirt. Now I realise that it is incredibly hard to keep windows clean in the UAE, but this was not dirt that had just accumulated in the week before, it looked like it had built up over a period of time, probably since the last big storm, weeks beforehand. My partner spoke to the manager about this and he did apologise and say that they were in the process of having the windows cleaned but we would not have complained had we been told on arrival that this was happening. It was such a disappointment to go to the room and find out for ourselves.

There was also a very strange smell in the room, an almost stale smell, not sure if this is just because the rooms are not being aired regularly.

Aside from these points, the hotel was very nice, rooms were decorated in a lovely way and the bathroom layout was excellent, providing privacy if you needed it but more open space if that was what you wanted. Turndown service was excellent, with tasty choccys and complimentary water. And the toiletries (Les Notes de Lanvin) smelt amazing.

We had drinks in Jazz and Fizz, which I was really glad to see was packed (it had been empty on a previous visit) and I think we'll definitely go back as the atmosphere was great.

I'm not sure I would stay again but it is a good cheap option if you are looking for a hotel on the Corniche. Just remember you need to get the shuttle bus to the beach, or use the pool which is in the shade for much of the day. This is more of a hotel for sightseeing and nightlife than a resort hotel.

As I said, the hotel itself is very nice, but there's just little points here and there that mean it doesn't compete with the other five star hotels in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel facing away from the Port would give most pleasant views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank berteebt

Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, we wish to thank you for taking the time to convey your comments about your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

magnificent and beautiful hotel. has a strategic location, close to the city and reachable. when I was here I enjoyed dinner with my partner at the corniche add. we enjoyed a very tasty buffet with a wide selection of full meals, great selection of breads, cakes and salad is the best we've ever had. in this place I feel comfortable because of their service is very good. with a neat appearance, great suit and courteous they can serve us very well, especially for Indonesian people who were there, they are very nimble and friendly. thanks to them we felt like being in our own home. it is an experience not to be forgotten
For conclucion, the whole experience was a good one. Would definitely visit again and ask my friend or family to join.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you liked the location of the hotel and our decor. Our Corniche dinner buffet has a wide variety of Arabic and International cuisine and has a little bit of everything for your discerning taste.

I will definitely share your comments with the Corniche team, especially our Indonesian Ambassadors, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

I hope to see you again on your next visit to Abu Dhabi, I look forward to welcoming you back!