“Staff make all the difference - and the staff make this Sofitel excellent”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Melbourne, Australia
“Staff make all the difference - and the staff make this Sofitel excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

From the time I arrived and checked in after a 14 hour flight and a 2 hour cab ride from Dubai, to the time I left, the staff were outstanding. Nothing was too difficult, and everything was done with a warm smile and a cheerful statement.

A hotel building is architectural steel, glass, and concrete housing electrical wiring and plumbing. But it is the staff that give a hotel its charm. This hotel is charming.

I could pick any member of staff, but let me use Jones as an example. Jones works in the Corniche restaurant. On my arrival one morning for breakfast, Jones advised me that a function of about 200 had booked the restaurant. They had not yet arrived. Jones organised everything for my breakfast in advance of the arrival of the group. Even during the high load, he kept checking that all was OK, and he did it with a warm smile.

I am more than happy to return.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view get the evening sun.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am always happy to receive positive feedback, especially about our Ambassadors. You are right in saying that it is the people who makes the difference. I am glad that we were able to give you an exceptional experience during your stay.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was there last weekend with my Girlfriend!,Check in process was outstanding and so efficient My room had a nice view to corniche and sorroundings..Staffs were very friendly and so welcoming,,it my pleasure to extend my sincere thanks to ..Paulo-Receptionist, Maria-Guest Relations,Usem - Food& Beverage Associate All day dining in Corniche restaurant.."attention to details and very flexible.
Overall Experience was Awesome,not to forget hospitality that was extended to us.Looking Forward to spend some more nights over there.Your are truly enliving your goal Sofitel Abu Dhabi!!

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I really appreciate all the kind words you wrote about the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team to serve as an encouragement to Ambassadors.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Checked in for the TEDxWWF event,stunning view from the lobby.Fabulous banquet halls and superb services.Nice food during the event.Totally in love with the experience!The lady in the lobby were so helpful assisting guests alike to the event.Staff were so friendly and I like to reserve room there another day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank RowZ2
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the meeting and banquet facilities. I hope that you think of us for any special occasions, company gathering or company meetings that you may have. We also have excellent restaurants at the hotel that you and your family should try on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

I appreciate your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 night's and did not want to leave. The service is outstanding we wanted for nothing, cold face washers by the pool, turning the spa on for people in it, fruit and chop delivery. The staff helped plan our activities, the bed is luxury and free shuttle and beach entry ensure there is nothing you want for.
Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It was a pleasure reading your comments about the hotel and our Ambassadors. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. On your next trip, I hope that you'll stay with us longer so that you'll be able to exoerience Abu Dhabi a little bit more.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Cambridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We were in Abu Dhabi visiting family for an extended period of time and decided to take a break from family duties for a couple of days.

Having been to the Emirates on numerous occasions we knew the area and so decided to look for a hotel on the Corniche where we had stayed at the Sheraton before, the deal we were able to secure was via another web site and having booked and discovered that it was the Sofitel we were pleased with the outcome having stayed in Sofitels elsewhere.

The arrival welcome was excellent, staff at the door warm and helpful and the desk staff pleasant when dealing with the documentation, although being asked to leave a deposit for "any transactions" during our stay, and this was after having already paid for the room. I am used to being asked to leave a card imprints on arrival but this was a bit of a surprise.

The room was good for the class of hotel, a sea view with plenty of window area meant being able to sit and watch the scenery for a short while.

However although there were cups and a kettle, no tea or coffee was to be found anywhere, at first we put it down to the fact we were on a "special rate" but when we spoke to room service they were surprised and quickly rectified the problem.

Food, knowing the immediate area around the hotel we only ate in on one occasion (in Chill O) where the food was excellent even if the menu was a bit limited, here staff seemed fixated with our well being constantly checking that all was right, changing the colour of the table light, I counted four different people checking that all was well with us on that occasion.

The pool area is amazing and even better at night when the blue lights are switched on, people seemed to be able to swim quite late which in my view helps the atmosphere.

Overall it was a pleasant stay, people trying very hard to impress which given the amount of hotel building and the potential for over capacity you can understand the hotel wanting people to return and stay with them again.

Two other minor points, the information stated that the beds would be turned down between 18:and 21:00 this happened on the first night but not on the second, also the bathroom shelves were covered in dust. neither of these were a real problem for us. Am I being picky, no but for a hotel in a competitive area charging the standard room rate it could be an issue for others and yes I would stay there again.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your stay at thr hotel.

I would like to apologize for the lack of amenities in your room upon your arrival. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measure to ensure that this does not happen again. As a luxury hotel, this is not what we want our guests to experience.

I am glad that majority of your visit was excellent, I am pleased to know that you liked the room and the views. I hope that on your next trip, you will also try our other restaurants an the spa.

Thank you fo your support, I hope to see you again!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is a classy and comfortable and friendly hotel

the beds are wonderful and the sheets must be made from one million thread cotton - heaven
the design of the room is nice with several sliding doors around the bathroom that open it up to make it feel bigger, or close it to provide privacy

I asked for extra things eg pillow and sheet and they arrived freshly laundered very quickly
food is tasty - not cheap.... the lemon and mint drink on arrival is smashing, lots of help with luggage etc

the pool area is lovely, with a hot tub and warm pool - lots of people to attend to you but they don't get in the way, believe you can ask to have a massage by the pool if available

lifts are a bit irritating as for safety you need to use your key card to go up in them and they can take a while to arrive

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking cornishe and sea
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive comment on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, especially about the hotel and the Ambassadors. I am glad that you liked the hotel, the rooms and the amenities that we provide for guests. It is certainly encouraging to our Ambassadors to receive such comments, rest assured that it will be shared with them.

I appreciate your support and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Good location, fantastic breakfast although a bit expensive. Nice swimming pool, friendly staff. The only missing thing is a small shop for beverages, candies, newspapers, gifts etc.
Enjoyed shuttle bus to Marina Mall.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am glad that you liked the restaurant and enjoyed breakfast.

I hope to see you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!