“Hotel with attention to detail”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Llansaint, null, United Kingdom
“Hotel with attention to detail”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I am about to leave this hotel in a few days, having spent almost two weeks here.My wife has been working in the Abu Dhabi region for 5 weeks and has stayed here all of the time.I have just been visiting. My overall experience I must say has been excellent.The hotel is modern fresh and of a high standard throughout.The staff are very attentive and polite,they respond to any requests very quickly.Food served in the hotel again was wonderful, eating breakfast was an experience to look forward to each morning.Umesh and Mzamo the breakfast waiters were delightful making sure our tea was served hot everyday and greeting us with a smile on their faces each morning! The head chef frequently visited the dining during our stay to make sure things were satisfactory.I find it hard to criticise anything about the hotel,the only area I feel that could be improved was the swimming pool area.I would suggest that glassware (bottles tumblers) should be restricted to the adjacent bar area and drinks consumed there.Drinks to be consumed in plastic containers in or near the pool.Broken glass around or in pool not a good idea! Lastly I think there should be a list of basic rules on display in this area. For example because the pool is not that big ball games are not really appropriate the balls fly everywhere annoying people who just want to read, relax or sunbathe or swim.Suggestion to shower before entering the pool for hygiene purposes.Younger children to be supervised.Awareness to respect all guests enjoyment of the area.These last comments I hope do not give an impression of disatisfaction, they are not meant to be.Ive throughly enjoyed my time here and will return in the Autumn. Caerleon 67

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank tegfan42
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor!

The nice words that you wrote about the hotel and our Ambassadors are very inspiring to read. I also appreciate your comments about Chill'O, they have been noted down by the management team and investigations are underway.

I hope that on your next visit, you will be able to try our other restaurants in the hotel.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stayed at the Sofitel hotel in Abu Dhabi for a week with my family and we absolutely loved it. The restaurant buffet was excellent offering a wide variety of food and the the staff were friendly, polite, and helpful. I would like to say a big thank you to Shubashlama for being really nice and for looking after our family and providing a very good service.

The rooms were clean, spacious and the staff try to accommodate to all your needs.

The facilities were brilliant especially the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and gym.

I hope to return in the very near future and will recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Ghurabaa
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your experience.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and that our Ambassadors were able to meet your expectations during your visit. I will definitely share your comments with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed here for three nights during a business trip to AD. When I first checked in, there was only a twin bed room available instead of a single king bed as I had requested. The staff apologized and said they would have my bags moved to a new room as soon as one came available. Overall the staff was very helpful and moved my room the next day. They also helped me with planning my travel around the city. I had stayed at Sofitels in other cities before, but this was by far the nicest. Beautiful in every aspect. Great location right on the Corniche and walking distance to some great bars and restaurants. The rooms are clean, chic, and are the epitome of luxury. If you are staying in Abu Dhabi, do yourself a favor and stay here. It isn't even as expensive as some of the other higher end hotels, and you will experience some of the best service in the city. I didn't have the chance to dine at the restaurant or check out the jazz bar, but I definitely will the next time I stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of the Corniche.
1 Thank Philly_traveller88
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay.

I sincerely apologize if your first experience at the hotel wasn't a favorable one. I am glad that our Ambassadors were able to turn it around to give you a better experience. I hope that the next trip will be longer so that you will have more time to visit our fantastic restaurants and explore the city.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Montmorency, France
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I staid 3 nights ar Sofitel Corniche for business. The rooms are great, efficient service, good food. A very good place to stay. The swimming pool is big enough with a bar service. Concierge service , receptionist, everybody is helpful and friendly. I will come back

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

I appreciate the kind words that you wrote about the hotel. I hope that on your next visit you will be able to stay a little bit longer and experience Abu Dhabi.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

I have just returned from working and staying in the wonderful hotel. After a long flight from the UK the check-in experience was so thoughtful with a hot towel to freshen up and a cool mint and lemon drink that was divine. The room was beautiful with very high quality facilities. From the luxurious sheets to the robes and spacious room I was very impressed. I never saw staff in the corridors with trolleys and yet the room was always clean and the bed turned down (with a little chocolate in a box) while I was out getting my dinner. I commented to one member of staff that it was delightful to see everyone smiling and he pointed out that their logo, in french, is that everything c'est manifique!
It is also worth commenting that I was delivering some training in their meeting rooms over four days and they couldn't have been more helpful. The layout was precisely as I requested, the help with equipment was superb and the food and refreshments were just right for our groups.
The restaurant on the ground floor has the best buffet that I have experienced in Abu Dhabi. I sometimes feel jaded by the repetitive nature of the food in the hotels but this hotel has a huge variety and it is all excellently prepared. When you arrive the staff automatically bring you a bread basket of locally made breads and a small pot of 'French butter'. I ut on weight while I was here simply because all the meals were wonderful. I also felt very special when one waiter, Mark, kept remembering my name and asking how I was today- a small but thoughtful touch.
Overall I was most impressed and hope to return in September. I would love to have a room overlooking the corniche but that might be outside the budget from my company.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the water.
1 Thank Kokopelli2UK
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel, the rooms and the banquet facilities. As a luxury hotel, I am happy that we are able to provide you with the service that you deserve. Thank you for your comments about the buffet, I will make sure to share this with the team as I know that this will serve as an encouragement to our Ambassadors.

I hope that on your next visit, you'll be able to try our other restaurants and explore Abu Dhabi a little bit more.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2013

From the time I arrived and checked in after a 14 hour flight and a 2 hour cab ride from Dubai, to the time I left, the staff were outstanding. Nothing was too difficult, and everything was done with a warm smile and a cheerful statement.

A hotel building is architectural steel, glass, and concrete housing electrical wiring and plumbing. But it is the staff that give a hotel its charm. This hotel is charming.

I could pick any member of staff, but let me use Jones as an example. Jones works in the Corniche restaurant. On my arrival one morning for breakfast, Jones advised me that a function of about 200 had booked the restaurant. They had not yet arrived. Jones organised everything for my breakfast in advance of the arrival of the group. Even during the high load, he kept checking that all was OK, and he did it with a warm smile.

I am more than happy to return.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view get the evening sun.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your nice review on Tripadvisor.

I am always happy to receive positive feedback, especially about our Ambassadors. You are right in saying that it is the people who makes the difference. I am glad that we were able to give you an exceptional experience during your stay.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I was there last weekend with my Girlfriend!,Check in process was outstanding and so efficient My room had a nice view to corniche and sorroundings..Staffs were very friendly and so welcoming,,it my pleasure to extend my sincere thanks to ..Paulo-Receptionist, Maria-Guest Relations,Usem - Food& Beverage Associate All day dining in Corniche restaurant.."attention to details and very flexible.
Overall Experience was Awesome,not to forget hospitality that was extended to us.Looking Forward to spend some more nights over there.Your are truly enliving your goal Sofitel Abu Dhabi!!

Room Tip: •"Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 2 June 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I really appreciate all the kind words you wrote about the hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive good feedback, rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team to serve as an encouragement to Ambassadors.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!