“Ramadan Iftar” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Ramadan Iftar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is my second Ramadan Iftar in Sofitel. Last Ramadan was my first time to visit the hotel. I like the atmosphere and the quality of food. My 6yrs old daughter fall in love with the chocolate fountain. So, and upon the request of my daughter we went again just last night. Still I like the atmosphere but the quality and variety of food improved a lot. and even, there was no chocolate fountain this time, but they were so generous to arrange for chocolate plate for my daughter where she can dip her candy. She enjoyed a lot and definitely we too. I would go there again for sure, and I highly recommend it for families or ever couples.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruba1978
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 27 July 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

It warms my heart to know that we have Ramadan guests from last year. It is our goal for our guests to keep coming back, that is why we continue to improve on the quality of our food and service. I am glad that your daughter had a wonderful time and I am grateful to her for suggesting to come back! I hope that you also try the other restaurants at our hotel, we have a couple of award winning restaurants that might be to your liking.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a late comment as I got so busy. We were at the hotel restaurant on May 31, 2013, 7pm, to celebrate my friends birthday. Overall, A perfect place to celebrate a special event and you wont be dissatisfied with their excellent service. The minute we stepped in to the Corniche restaurant, the lady who received us was so accommodating. There was a reserved table ready for four of us, but even though we opted for a change, she was most helpful. The whole atmosphere in the place is romantic and peaceful. Staff were attending to us and very sensitive to what is required. The waiters/supervisor are very friendly but not too familiar and intimidating. Though I would prefer a la carte, the food choice at the buffet are superb. Lovely salad and good mains. Since they know that it is our friend's birthday the waiter/chef prepared a small cake for her. That was a bonus and made us all happy and surprised at no extra charge. Splendid! Surely will go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 22 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am honored that you chose us to celebrate your friend's birthday with. I am glad that we were able to make your friend's celebration a memorable one. I hope that you will think of us again on the next special occasion, or if you just want to go out for dinner. We have a couple of award winning restaurants in house that you must try!

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

From the moment I checked in I was treated as a VIP. I was upgraded to a suite through my Accor Favorite Guest Card and have fantastic, ultra modern four room accommodation. The views from my floor go on forever with nearly a 180d vista of Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately being a Westerner, I arrived during Ramaden and whilst there is 24/7 room service, I can't venture out for a meal except in a Shopping Mall, and they close early during this time. However, I am happy just being in this magnificent hotel..both Sofitel Villa Borghese Rome and Sofitel La Faubourg in Paris could learn a lot from how this Sofitel is run. My recommendation is simple...if you are stopping over in Abu Dhabi stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Room Tip: Get yourself an Accor Favorite Business Card and reap the rewards.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 18 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the view from your suite. As a luxury hotel, it is a pleasure to know that we have succeeded in providing our guests with the service that they deserve. I hope that on your next visit (after Ramadan), you will try at least one our award winning restaurants in the hotel.

I appreciate your commendation and your loyalty, I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

This hotel is the perfect place to relax in transit. We stopped here on the way to the UK and spent three days sleeping, resting and generally relaxing. The rooms are as you would expect from the Sofitel -well appionted, stylish, very clean, well equiped and comfortable. The attention to detail is something that is expected and they dont disappoint. You pay for this I might add but you get what you pay for. The pool area is nice if a bit overshadowed by buildings. But lying in the warmth of the evening by the pool is lovley. The service is generally very good. The food and drink is as expected expensive but great quality.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 17 July 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate the time you took to tell me about your experience at our hotel. I am glad that you liked the hotel and the rooms. The pool area is a relaxing place to have food, drinks and shisha. It is good to know that you enjoyed yourself. I hope that on your next visit, you will be able to try the other outlets in the hotel.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I am in Abu Dhabi for the very first time and I will stay in Sofitel for a longer time. From the first sight, I was very impressed with interior as well as very professional and kind staff. Here I must mention mr. Lokhai, one of the greatest hotel employee I've ever seen. Food is delicious, room fully functional with great designer details. I am quite sure that I will recommend Sofitel to all my friends visiting Abu Dhabi. This hotel simply has "soul", it is visible that every detail is designed and planned to achieve their main goal - to have very satisfied guest who will return again...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Your kind words about the hotel and our Ambassadors are much appreciated. I will definitely share your comments with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I want to provide many thanks to Sofitel Hotel and specially to Mr. Mohammed Al Okla regarding good, fast and professional services.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mohammed A
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 14 July 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me about your experience at Corniche. I'm glad that you liked the buffet and the service. I will share your comments with Chef Al Okla and the rest of the team, I am sure that this will serve as an ecouragement to them.

I hope that on your next visit, you'll try the other restaurants in the hotel. Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!