“Lovely evening at Silk and Spice”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Lovely evening at Silk and Spice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Celebrated yesterday our wedding anniversary at this lovely Thai Restaurant. The food was excellent, the service as well. The Staff made us feel very special. We got a lovely cake and the Chef came to our table to wish us happy anniversary.
We will come again for sure.
Thank you to all the Staff that was on duty last night.
May & Michael Kappes

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maykappes
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 28 July 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Kappes,

Thank you for your kind review of Silk n' Spice.

I feel honored that you chose us to celebrate such a momentous occasion with. I am glad that we were able to make your anniversary a memorable one. I hope you'll think of us again on the next occasion, we still have a couple of restaurants that you have yet to try.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here for a conference for 2 nights and really enjoyed the hotel. Room was very nice with a huge bathroom and a view of the corniche. The pool was very good, considering it's not on the ground level and the pool bar does good cocktails. Location is pretty good - a 10 minute walk takes in to central Abu Dhabi area with lots of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lighter023
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 27 July 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about the hotel and our Ambassadors. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel despite the fact that you were here on business. I hope the next visit will be for pleasure so that you can experience Abu Dhabi.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

From the moment of arrival, elegant hospitality was provided without fail.
Friendly, discreet valets are greeting and assisting with the luggage, the eager receptionist tries to change the room allocation to please me (without success, but the effort is much appreciated), the courteous bell boy escorted me to the room.
As sophisticated and comfortable the rooms are, housekeeping forgot one or the other well hidden places to dust and clean... I could not manage to get the Boese radio to work properly, also the web radio stations did not work, but I did not see it worthwhile to bother anyone about it.
As I was staying during Ramadan, the culinary options were limited, but I opted for a quiet evening in the room anyway. In the morning, I ordered a simple orange juice, which was delivered by one of the nicest waiters I have ever met. The pool area suffers from the Ramadan tent, but this is nothing new in the city during this time.
Breakfast was also very limited - I hope at least, this should not be the full buffet.
All in all, I got what I expected, nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank katarina22

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if your experience at Sofitel was not up to your expectations. As a luxury hotel, the last thing we need is for our guests to leave unhappy. Your comments about the room and the buffet have been noted down, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope to see you again at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is my second Ramadan Iftar in Sofitel. Last Ramadan was my first time to visit the hotel. I like the atmosphere and the quality of food. My 6yrs old daughter fall in love with the chocolate fountain. So, and upon the request of my daughter we went again just last night. Still I like the atmosphere but the quality and variety of food improved a lot. and even, there was no chocolate fountain this time, but they were so generous to arrange for chocolate plate for my daughter where she can dip her candy. She enjoyed a lot and definitely we too. I would go there again for sure, and I highly recommend it for families or ever couples.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruba1978

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

It warms my heart to know that we have Ramadan guests from last year. It is our goal for our guests to keep coming back, that is why we continue to improve on the quality of our food and service. I am glad that your daughter had a wonderful time and I am grateful to her for suggesting to come back! I hope that you also try the other restaurants at our hotel, we have a couple of award winning restaurants that might be to your liking.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

This is a late comment as I got so busy. We were at the hotel restaurant on May 31, 2013, 7pm, to celebrate my friends birthday. Overall, A perfect place to celebrate a special event and you wont be dissatisfied with their excellent service. The minute we stepped in to the Corniche restaurant, the lady who received us was so accommodating. There was a reserved table ready for four of us, but even though we opted for a change, she was most helpful. The whole atmosphere in the place is romantic and peaceful. Staff were attending to us and very sensitive to what is required. The waiters/supervisor are very friendly but not too familiar and intimidating. Though I would prefer a la carte, the food choice at the buffet are superb. Lovely salad and good mains. Since they know that it is our friend's birthday the waiter/chef prepared a small cake for her. That was a bonus and made us all happy and surprised at no extra charge. Splendid! Surely will go back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am honored that you chose us to celebrate your friend's birthday with. I am glad that we were able to make your friend's celebration a memorable one. I hope that you will think of us again on the next special occasion, or if you just want to go out for dinner. We have a couple of award winning restaurants in house that you must try!

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

From the moment I checked in I was treated as a VIP. I was upgraded to a suite through my Accor Favorite Guest Card and have fantastic, ultra modern four room accommodation. The views from my floor go on forever with nearly a 180d vista of Abu Dhabi. Unfortunately being a Westerner, I arrived during Ramaden and whilst there is 24/7 room service, I can't venture out for a meal except in a Shopping Mall, and they close early during this time. However, I am happy just being in this magnificent hotel..both Sofitel Villa Borghese Rome and Sofitel La Faubourg in Paris could learn a lot from how this Sofitel is run. My recommendation is simple...if you are stopping over in Abu Dhabi stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Room Tip: Get yourself an Accor Favorite Business Card and reap the rewards.