“Thank you Sofitel ... !! Thank you Abu Dhabi .... !!”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Tripoli, Libya
“Thank you Sofitel ... !! Thank you Abu Dhabi .... !!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Together with my colleagues at Dhahra Sport Club (Libya), It was my first time to visit UAE. We had spent a very nice time at Sofitel AD Corniche. Thanks to all Sofitel staff, April, Maria, Tawfik, Mohammed & Izas who were very kind with us. I decided to visit the city next time with my family.
Except the internet every think was perfect specially the hospitality.

Room Tip: All rooms are OK but be careful of smoking rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked our hotel, I appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about our Ambassadors. Rest assured that I will share your comments with the team to serve as encouragement.

I hope to see you again, I look forward to your next visit!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 26 July 2013

What can I say? Everything was just amazing during our stay here.

Personnel is very friendly, the pool area is - albeit a bit small - just delightful. We tried all the restaurants the hotel had to offer, including room service and the quality of the food and presentation was amazing. Breakfeast is a bit on the expensive side but great choice, and again, amazing quality. Rooms are very clean, nicely designed and offer a great view. The free WiFi works superbly. We will be coming here again. Excellent hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cushke
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 28 July 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am overwhelmed by your kind words and commendations about the hotel and our Ambassadors, especially about our food. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them. On your next visit, I hope that you will visit and get some treatments at the So Spa.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Celebrated yesterday our wedding anniversary at this lovely Thai Restaurant. The food was excellent, the service as well. The Staff made us feel very special. We got a lovely cake and the Chef came to our table to wish us happy anniversary.
We will come again for sure.
Thank you to all the Staff that was on duty last night.
May & Michael Kappes

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maykappes
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Kappes,

Thank you for your kind review of Silk n' Spice.

I feel honored that you chose us to celebrate such a momentous occasion with. I am glad that we were able to make your anniversary a memorable one. I hope you'll think of us again on the next occasion, we still have a couple of restaurants that you have yet to try.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed here for a conference for 2 nights and really enjoyed the hotel. Room was very nice with a huge bathroom and a view of the corniche. The pool was very good, considering it's not on the ground level and the pool bar does good cocktails. Location is pretty good - a 10 minute walk takes in to central Abu Dhabi area with lots of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lighter023
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 27 July 2013

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about the hotel and our Ambassadors. I am glad that you enjoyed yourself at our hotel despite the fact that you were here on business. I hope the next visit will be for pleasure so that you can experience Abu Dhabi.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 July 2013

From the moment of arrival, elegant hospitality was provided without fail.
Friendly, discreet valets are greeting and assisting with the luggage, the eager receptionist tries to change the room allocation to please me (without success, but the effort is much appreciated), the courteous bell boy escorted me to the room.
As sophisticated and comfortable the rooms are, housekeeping forgot one or the other well hidden places to dust and clean... I could not manage to get the Boese radio to work properly, also the web radio stations did not work, but I did not see it worthwhile to bother anyone about it.
As I was staying during Ramadan, the culinary options were limited, but I opted for a quiet evening in the room anyway. In the morning, I ordered a simple orange juice, which was delivered by one of the nicest waiters I have ever met. The pool area suffers from the Ramadan tent, but this is nothing new in the city during this time.
Breakfast was also very limited - I hope at least, this should not be the full buffet.
All in all, I got what I expected, nothing more, nothing less.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank katarina22

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if your experience at Sofitel was not up to your expectations. As a luxury hotel, the last thing we need is for our guests to leave unhappy. Your comments about the room and the buffet have been noted down, please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. I hope to see you again at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is my second Ramadan Iftar in Sofitel. Last Ramadan was my first time to visit the hotel. I like the atmosphere and the quality of food. My 6yrs old daughter fall in love with the chocolate fountain. So, and upon the request of my daughter we went again just last night. Still I like the atmosphere but the quality and variety of food improved a lot. and even, there was no chocolate fountain this time, but they were so generous to arrange for chocolate plate for my daughter where she can dip her candy. She enjoyed a lot and definitely we too. I would go there again for sure, and I highly recommend it for families or ever couples.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Ruba1978

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

It warms my heart to know that we have Ramadan guests from last year. It is our goal for our guests to keep coming back, that is why we continue to improve on the quality of our food and service. I am glad that your daughter had a wonderful time and I am grateful to her for suggesting to come back! I hope that you also try the other restaurants at our hotel, we have a couple of award winning restaurants that might be to your liking.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again!