“Not one fault”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Sydney, Australia
“Not one fault”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This is, in terms of service, the best hotel I have stayed in. It was fantastic. It exceeded my already very high expectations of the Sofitel brand. I think this has made me a Sofitel customer for life. Please do stay here if you get the chance, the location is tops, all the taxi drivers know it and the concierge is very helpful, and there is a shuttle to the main shopping malls, it is in close proximity to the Al Sila Tower, Sowwah Square and Al Maryah island commercial and residential complexes which is very helpful if you are in Abu Dhabi on business. From the Airport was approximately half an hour, from 40-60 dhs (I cant quite remember). I recommend Sofitel Corniche.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robbie N
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 19 October 2013

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate all the kind words you wrote about the hotel, especially about our Ambassadors. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as I'm sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing you again!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (423)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two days recently.

The hotel is large and well appointed and very modern.The staff are well trained,friendly and helpful to a fault.The rooms are nicely decorated and set out and offer wonderful views of the gulf.The rain shower was the best I've encountered anywhere in my experience.

The pool is modern and clean and well manned and a great area to relax in.

I feel guilty after all of that to complain about this hotel but then you have to call it as you experience it!

I was amazed in such a highly rated establishment to found blood stains on my bed linen--not something I've encountered in any other hotel I've ever stayed at -- obviously an oversight but it marred what was otherwise a fine stay !

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I sincerely apologize if you encountered inconveniences during your stay. Rest assured that we will be more vigilant next time so as to avoid these incidents happening again. I hope that you'll give us one more chance and stay with us again.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

I just wanted to share how much we enjoyed our stay at the Sofitel in Abu Dhabi. The staff are an absolute joy - attentive but not intrusive and very friendly. Special thanks must go to TJ on reception who helped smooth our break to Oman and back (and sorted out a takeaway breakfast for our very early morning departure). Also thanks to Devender and Shotash (apologies if I have spelt your names incorrectly) in the club room who met our every need.

I can recommend the Club Room upgrade - a lovely bit of luxury and a nice quiet spot for a couple of drinks before dinner.

Being a bit lazy we went for room service on our last night. The food was great and beautifully presented.

It is not often that I find that restaurants in hotels are good - they tend to rely on a captive audience I think - but I can heartily recommend Silk & Spice: best Thai food I have had anywhere. If you go then you must try their espresso martini afterwards - fantastic. (The only thing I would criticize was the service on our second visit - friendly but a little disorganized for some reason).

If only all hotels were this good!

Thanks guys - you really made our stay in Abu Dhabi memorable.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you had a wonderful time with us, as a luxury hotel, we always make sure that our guests leave with a smile on their faces. I hope that on your next visit, you will try La Mer, our award winning seafood restaurant and have treatments at the spa.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again!

brisbane
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

A four day stopover in Abu Dhabi made easy by staying at the sofitel, shuttle bus takes you to Ferrari world ( don't bother it's rubbish) the beach and the marina mall. The standard of the room we had was as you would expect from sofitel brand. The cafe serves amazing smoothies and coffee. We didn't eat in the restaurants but they all looked wonderful. What really gives this hotel 5 stars is the staff. All were so friendly and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. They found a bag which we left at the airport and ensured its safe return. All of the staff we encountered made this hotel stay stand out for us. I will definitely be returning to Abu Dhabi and I'll be staying at this hotel when I do.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate the kind words you wrote about our Ambassadors, it is good to know that they were able to make your stay memorable. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team, I'm sure that this will serve as encouragement to them.

I am grateful for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Beautiful room and with a beautiful view of the city. Room looks to be very new and full of modern amenities. Service was good. Davinder (I hope I get your name right), the service staff on executive floor went out of his way to organize a quick morning for us to take an early flight. Thank you very much.

Generally, we find Abhu Dhabi a much more relaxing city than Dubai for a family. One should take a walk along the Corniche road in the evening. Really nice and relaxing. We took a walk from the hotel (one end of the road) with the aim to reach Marina Mall (the other end), we could only do half the distance (about 7km) . We should have taken cycles-on-hire along the way. Maybe next time.
Susheel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The weather's slowly becoming cooler, so it is the perfect time to go for a nice, relaxing walk. Bicycles are also available just in case you get tired.

Thank you for your support, I look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche is a large hotel but with a small and friendly feel about it. Nothing was too much trouble for the highly professional team - from the reception to the restaurant where the food was beyond compare from the sumptuous buffet.

I have stayed here many times before and it is always a joy to return again.

The gym overlooking the cornice is one that is very special and my room was perfection.

Nothing more to add other than looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible so you enjoy the views over the Corniche.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It is always heartwarming to read positive comments like this, especially from our loyal guests. I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

I appreciate your loyalty and I look forward to welcoming you back!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Rooms of the Hotel are very small. Not even this the Queen sized Beds are also small as compared to average size of the other Hotel Beds. Staff was helpful. Placement of the Hotel was also nice and no problem as Taxis were available easily.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

It is good to know that you liked the hotel and our amenities. Apologies if the size of the room and the bed is not what you are used to. I believe that a suite will be more to your liking on your next visit.

Thank you once again and I hope to see you again!