“very confortable and convenient hotel in Abu Dhabi” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Within 2 months I've been now three time to the Sofitel Corniche Abu Dhabi Hotel and I've been lucky to stay in one oft he best hotels in the world. I cannot sing the praises of this hotel enough. From the moment I walk into the stunning foyer of the hotel they treat you like a King.

During all three stays I had a beautiful suite on the 28th Floor. Stunning ocean views, massive bathroom with a shower room and a giant tub. I was never made to feel like I didn't belong. The entire time I was treated with the utmost respect. They also very kindly extended my late checkout from 2pm to 8pm at no additional cost.

The breakfast and dinner buffet is extraordinary, almost anything you could possibly think of Western and middle eastern foods. The La Mer Seafood Restaurant and Silk and Spice Thai Restaurant were excellent too.

A special thank to the wonderful staff … Nothing was too much trouble for the highly professional team. The entire executive lounge staff was very caring and well trained. A special thanks to Mr. Aftab and Mr. Rohan from the Corniche Restaurant who met our every need. And so many others whose names I don't recall were all very nice.

An absolute pleasure to be there, its gone beyond excellent.
Thanks!

Youssef Kasdarli

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nomadz1980
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It is very heartwarming to receive nice comments like these, especially from our loyal guests. As a luxury hotel, we want to know that our guests leave the hotel with the thought of coming back! Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as I am sure that this will further encourage them.

Thank you once again and I look forward to seeing you again!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Was in Abu Dhabi for work and my employer offered me the opportunity to upgrade from my previous hotel (next door to their office) to Sofitel. I jumped at the chance. The entire property is away from the bustle of the main streets in downtown Abu Dhabi, yet a short walk away. The views (I had a seaside view) are amazing. Corniche is easily accessible via a subway under the seaside road. No beach, pool area on 8th level is nice and well sheltered but is small

The service staff were very helpful in organizing tours and friendly advice on what to see in my limited time off. Abu Dhabi taxis are cheap and clean so it is easy to get around town. The room was immaculate, with the most comfortable bed and satiny yet crisp feeling sheets. Room is a little light on closet space for two people. Great swaterfall shower and nicely laid out bathroom.Breakfast buffet is to die for and fortunately it was included in my room rate. Food and drinks in general are pricy, but quality and service are very good.

Will stay there again if I have the chance.

Room Tip: Get a seaview room as high as possible to get the best panorama
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you liked the hotel and our facilities. Hopefully you'll find time to go around the city on your next visit here. We have a fantastic concierge team who can assist with booking tours and are very konwledgeable about the city.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

stay in sofitel during my last weekend it was fantastic the stay was memorable .enjoy the large breakfast variety in corniche restaurant staff was well groomed and paid attention to detail room was nice clean and tidy .speedy check in and check out .highly recommended for weekend stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, I hope that on your next trip you can try the other restaurants in the hotel. We have a couple of award-winning ones that are worth visiting.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We're staying for 6 nights.

The hotel's location is near the corniche so we can have sea view although it doesn't have private beach.

The good things are:
- the service is excelent. The night shift manager is very helpfull and having sincere hospitality. He and some Concierge persons have the true hospitality. Some of their collegues shall learn from him.

- The breakfast selection is huge, though it can be more variation To avoid guest that stay more than 3 days facing same selection every day.

- the room is big, new, and modern. It is give you homey feeling. But the matress can be more comfort. I have big pile of soft material in the middle of our matress

- the ball room is separate from Lobby, hence the crowd is not mix with the guest room. It is giving comfort feeling.

So overall it is value for money with the true Sofitel service

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mfazriyulianto
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the kind words that you wrote, especially about our Ambassadors. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The service here was very bad the worst Ive experianced in UAE. I had to wait an hour and call room service 4 times for wine glasses. When the hairdryer didnt work I called and waited 45 mins for them to bring another. I also have a wheat allergy and after speaking with the staff in the cafe the advised me after speaking with the chef what desert I could eat, only for me to find halfway through it contained wheat, causing me to be very ill. They seemed very unorganised and no matter what we asked we had to wait to get questions. Not 5 star service at all.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nicola D
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of our ambassadors team at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, we wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to convey your comments about your experience during your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.