“Soooo Comfortable”

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Soooo Comfortable”
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

The Sofitel group of hotels really do have some of the most comfortable beds. Sleep quality was just amazing. Beautiful hotel, one of the best breakfast buffets I've seen, lovely helpful staff, good location. Shame the pool didn't get sun during the day but we were in town for the F1 Grand Prix so would not have used it anyway.

Big thank you to Tsu (not sure of spelling) on reception for helping to find out where our airport transfer had got to.

Would definitely stay again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us.

We are extremely glad to know that your experience at the hotel was truly magnifique and that you enjoyed the services offered at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Nael El-Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

From the time we entered the hotel we were most pleasantly surprised with the efficient, helpful and yet professional service provided by all the hotel employees. Nothing was too difficult from our check in requests, room service, shuttle bus service to check out. I'd recommend Sofitel Abu Dhabi to my friends without hesitation.

Room Tip: Sea View was our preference
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

It warms my heart to know that the team's hard work is appreciated. Your comments will be shared with everyone as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them. Hence, We are delighted to know that you will recommend SOFITEL to your Friends.

Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel is beautiful. Our room was stunning and I loved the way you could choose the bathroom to be either open plan or closed off (don't worry, the toilet was a separate room!)
We stayed here for our honeymoon and we weren't disappointed. My husband works in Abu Dhabi and I spent time on my own here with no problem.
The service was good. My only fault is that we stayed here in winter and the pool was always in the shade and therefore too cold. I tried it one day and given the location of the pool it should be heated at that time of year.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky B
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us and for having chosen us for your honeymoon.

I appreciate all the kind words about the hotel and the services. I will share your comments with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I went for my anniversary t his weekend. We stayed in one of their prestigious nice and comfortable suites on 32nd floor with beautiful views. On our arrival we were welcomed very nicely and checkin procedure was very accurate and friendly. We entered our room and the impression was money well spent.

I would like to give a suggestion for safety perspective as there was a small side table next to sofa in lounge seating area which is made of metal or hard core iron. my daughter accidentally touched her head while playing on the floor she almost had a major injury which i am great full to God that nothing happened but i am going to take her for a medical check up. what i am trying to say God forbid who ever designed this table forgot the element of safety.

Staff was very help full on front desk and courteous , Rooms are amazing, amenities are fabulous,

i would like to stay in the hotel again but one major thing let me down that we went for morning breakfast at the executive lounge on 36th floor around 10 am and to my surprise all the dishes were empty, staff was clue less, on numerous requests we managed to eat some thing which i wont be saying was adequate to eat in a luxury hotel. every thing was out of order it looked like for breakfast.

I have stayed in sofitel In ho chi man city Vietnam twice this year and the experience was phenomenal. but in Abudhabi Cornish , FOOD and beverage was a big let down..Please
improve on it. Regards

1 Thank Ahmed J
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We celebrated our anniversary at this gem of a hotel at the heart of Abu Dhabi with one of kind 5 star service. One must definitely opt for the Club Luxury rooms. We will definitely return again on our next visit to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 18 November 2013

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Beautifully appointed but ever so slightly small rooms.
The hotel is a business hotel and doesn't offer much of a view or any beach facilities but if you are in AD for business, you really should consider it.
The room service was a bit patchy, they delivered more than I ordered and charged for it too.
The pool bar was a disaster with shoddy slow service and a staff of poorly trained and poorly managed people with no clue as to customer service in a 5 star hotel.
Overall, I recommend the Sofitel and wouldn't hesitate to book in again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies if your restaurant experience did not reach your expectations. Rest assured that training has been put in place to ensure that the same issue does not happen again.

I appreciate your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Beautiful hotel, staff all very helpful and welcoming. Would definitely recommend this hotel. Food excellent. We got a room with a view of the sea which was great to wake up to. Thank you for a memorable stay. Only down side was price for breakfast which we thought was a little expensive.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate all the kind words that you wrote about the hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured that I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragemen to them.

Best reagards,