“Excellent Service”

Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

A wonderful hotel with outstanding staff. Service is fantastic, particularly at the pool bar. Avinash, who works at the pool bar was a great host, very helpful and polite. Our room was very modern, clean and comfortable. This is our second stay here and will return again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shazzah1961
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you like our rooms and enjoyed your time in our Chill’O Pool Bar. It warms my heart also to know how you appreciate the outstanding service provided by Avinash. I will definitely share your feedback to him and for the rest of the team. Such kind of feedback helps in team motivation and recognition.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will keep on coming back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Nael El Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and one of my friends stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in February. When we arrived at the hotel all the staff where very welcoming greeting us with 'bonjour' and offering drinks and snacks during check in, we arrived around 11:30am so where not expecting our room to be ready until 3:00pm however it was ready when we arrived and we where given the keys straight away.

We went up to our room which was a lovely decorated twin room, however the view was not great as our window looked directly onto an apartment block where you could see right into their bedrooms and vice versa. We also noticed there was no dressing table or mirrors next to plug sockets being two girls planning on having nights out in Abu Dhabi this was a big worry. We had booked the trip as an early birthday weekend for my friend I had stated this when booking but no effort was made in the room to celebrate her birthday whereas during previous stays in hotels celebrating birthdays a cake or more has always been left in the room.

Once we received our luggage we decided to get changed and head to the pool. Expecting it to be sunny and warm we headed down to the pool in bikinis and beach dresses. We where extremely disappointed when we arrived at the pool to discover it gets no sun whatsoever due to the tall surrounding buildings completely shading the pool area. We decided to have a drink at the pool bar whilst we decided where to go, we had to ask for blankets as it was so cold, we spoke to the bar guy who was very friendly and helpful he told us that at this time of year the pool gets no sun. I then remembered reading somewhere that the hotel has an area on the beach we asked the towel man and he told us to go down to concierge and ask.

We arrived at concierge who told us there was a shuttle service to the beach area however it was 12:40pm and the next shuttle service wasn't until 2:00pm. We where quite annoyed that we had not been told about the beach area and shuttle service at check in as we could of planned around the timings if we had. We where given towels and entry tickets by the concierge and got a taxi to the beach area. When we arrived at the beach area we where very disappointed to discover that it was actually just part of the public beach with sun loungers a block of toilets and no other facilities. We where then told we had to pay 25dhs per bed, we where very annoyed as we where under the impression that the beach area was part of the Sofitel hotel and guests would be given free access however it seemed this beach area had no connection to the hotel whatsoever and was accessible to anyone willing to pay. At least the beach was hot and sunny though.

When we arrived back at the hotel we decided to revisit the pool where there was still no sun we had another drink sitting with blankets over us we where hoping to order food but decided it was way too cold to eat there. So we went back to the room and decided to order room service, the menu was good and we ordered two club sandwiches, the room service staff where great and set everything up on the table and it even came with a glass of water each and a little macaroon and date. We later had a little nap in the room during which time a knock was heard at the door which we ignored the person at the door continued knocking and eventually entered the room to which I got out of bed to find it was housekeeping asking if we wanted anything which we didn't. Although we forgot to put our privacy button on I feel this service is unnecessary and inconvenient as we could easily phone housekeeping if we needed anything.

We later put on our tv to discover a thick black line across the whole width of the top of the TV. We also found we where having problems with the main phone it had just stopped workin completely. We had been left a comment card by room service so I noted the TV and phone problems and also commented on the pool, beach and shuttle service. We received a call from the manager (which i had to answer on the bathroom phone) not long after the card had been taken away. He discussed the issues and said we should of been informed about the pool, beach and shuttle service at check in and apologised for this, he also informed me that someone would come up to our room soon to fix the phone and tv. Not long after a man arrived he checked the TV and phone and said he would need to take them away and replace these which he did. I was impressed with the fast response from both the manager and the maintenance man.

The rest of our stay was fine however we stayed away from our pool visiting another hotel and a private island beach club to sunbathe. We had a couple of great nights out in Abu Dhabi and always found it easy to get a taxi from the hotel. On our check out day we decided to check out and head straight home to Dubai whereas during stays in other hotels we would of checked out and spent the rest of the day by the pool.

Overall it is a lovely looking hotel and staff are helpful and friendly, however I feel it is more a hotel for people on business rather than people looking for a relaxing holiday by the pool. Maybe it would be different in hotter months but I feel something should of been stated on the booking page about the lack of sun around the pool during February as we ended up spending extra money having to go elsewhere to sunbathe, when the pool area and location was why we chose this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We wish to thank you immensely for taking your precious time to convey your comments and providing us a detailed report about your experience during your stay with us.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

In the meanwhile, I am glad that in some areas of your experience you have met your expectations. Please note that your feedback is very important to us and we are taking it constructively to better improve our services.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to discuss it with us at h7507@sofitel.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

notts
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Just returned with my husband from Abu Dhabi and stayed at the Sofitel , a beautiful clean hotel where we stayed for 5 nights in a club room.We asked for a full sea view, even though our room was lovely the view was awful, however I did mention it to reception and within 48 hours they did give us another beautiful room with full sea view. The beds are the best I've slept on in the world and they have a pillow menu too. We had breakfast in club level but didn't think much to it at all. After 3 days we asked if we could have breakfast downstairs in main breakfast room and was told that was for our use also. Staff are very nice and plenty of bars around and taxis are very cheap around here. Would like to travel to Abu Dhabi again. The pool here is disappointing as no sun

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank richden11
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It is a pleasure to know that you liked our room and the view after you have been moved to the sea view. The Sofitel MyBed and our pillow menu are one of our signature items and I'm glad to know that it has made your stay more comfortable.

However, I regret that we disappoint you when it comes to our pool due to lack of sun. But rest assured that we will constantly strive to provide a consistent quality service to our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Manchester
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

On a one night stopover but wished we were staying a week. Check in was slick yet friendly. Fabulous room with spectacular sea views. Immaculately maintained and superbly fitted. On top of this, the Club lounge was impressive (except maybe the lack of soft drinks and snacks during the day). Rangana in the lounge was a role model for lounge hosts everywhere. Quite superb service from him.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John T
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and sharing your nice comments on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely glad to know that majority of your experience at the hotel was truly magnifique and that you enjoyed the services offered at the hotel. I will definitely share your feedback to Rangana who always provide an outstanding service to all our guests.

Thank you for your support and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Currently in the middle of a one week stay here. Everyone has been brilliant so far, from the concierge, to the staff at the pool and in the club millesime and even the super friendly guys who come to clean the room. Facilities are as you would expect from a five star hotel. As a couple traveling with a baby, we have found the hotel so welcoming. All the staff treat our little boy like a star. Definitely recommend staying here if you're visiting Abu Dhabi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brian C
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and I am truly delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay in our hotel. It also gives me great pride to know that our staffs are commended for their efficiency and professionalism.

Once again thank you and I highly appreciate your recommendation to our hotel.

I look forward to your next visit.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I was in ADES event and I stayed here for a couple of nights. All in all it was excellent. Nice place, great room, excellent service. i would like to recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. I love the place. Kudos to all the staff. Sameer Hasan

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank nscanon
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche on your visit to Abu Dhabi. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our rooms and the excellent service provided by our staffs.

I am delighted also to know that you will recommend the hotel to your family and friends. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I gave just come back from a 3 night stay at the hotel. It was beautiful the staff, food and overall presentation was superb. I was treated with great respect and Courtsey at all times the waiter in the Le Mer AMIIME NEBBACH deserves a special mentioned for his kindness attention to detail and showing that I can eat new things by producing a plate of oysters which I never eaten before ? The rooms are to die for I was on to 18th floor a wonderful view of the gulf and amazing overall experience I will be back

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank ANGELA C
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche during your visit to Abu Dhabi and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely glad to know that your experience at the hotel was truly magnifique and that you enjoyed the services offered at the hotel. Thank you also for praising Amine Nebbach for the outstanding service he has done to you. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.