“Great service, stylish hotel, great for business and pleasure”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #9 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
New York
“Great service, stylish hotel, great for business and pleasure”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel while accompanying my husband on a conference. The conference organizers picked the hotel as it has great conference facilities, and good bars and restaurants in the hotel. I was there as a leisure traveller and can attest the hotel is great for that too! The staff here are wonderful - the housekeeping, front desk, room service and restaurant staff are all friendly, professional and eager to help. I spent a few afternoons at the pool (note that the pool, although lovely does not get sun until after 3pm which is a bit of a drag if you are a serious sun worshipper) and was very well looked after by Avinash - one of the waiters who worked at the pool bar. He was friendly, professional and made sure I had everything I needed pool side. Munas (I might be spelling that wrong- one of the pool/ towel attendants was also absolutely fantastic).

We stayed in room 1909 - great bed, nice sheets, great room overall. The bathroom had all the bells and whistles (big tub, rainforest shower, and the layout was great for couples :-) ). The room had a pretty nice view of the harbor but was a bit noisy as you could here the very loud music from outside the hotel- I don't think the hotel could avoid that, and the noise did not go late.

Overall my husband and I will certainly return for business and pleasure - the staff are wonderful, the facilities very high end (I forgot to mention but the gym and spa facilities are wonderful and very quiet) and the hotel is located very close to the center of Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Higher floors better given noise emanating from outside, and the hotel bars and restaurants,
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SianRhys
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and sharing your magnifique experience on Trip Advisor. It’s always been a pleasure to know that you like almost everything in the hotel.

Your comment about the service you received from our staff truly warms my heart. Thank you for your great appreciation. I will definitely share this with the management and team as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Nael El Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed at the Sofitel Abu Dhabi short after opening. Hotel and rooms are great, breakfast is delicious and the staff is particularly friendly. Unfortunately the processes weren't that professional as it is used to be in Sofitel Hotels - but for sure, that already got better. Precious extra-service is the beach-shuttle. We would definitely stay there again on our next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cocojelly
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Our constant endeavor to create memorable experiences for our guests depends on your valuable feedback.

We always do our best to provide the high level of services according to our guests’ expectations and needs. If you have any further comments, please feel free to discuss it with us at h7507@sofitel.com.

It will be such a pleasure to know that we can contribute to make your stay as a great experience.

We dearly hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and i decided to try out the pool bar at this hotel for the very first time.The hotel is absolutely gorgeous and sets a great impression from the very start.The hotels modern yet cozy decor is very welcoming and makes you feel homely straight away.
Immedietly we were greeted by the very friendly and gracious hotel staff, and then we were approached by a another wonderful staff member who showed us to the lift and told us where the pool bar was located and how we can make our way back down once we are done.
The bar called the "Chill'o pool bar" of course was set out beautifully with comfy sofas you could take your shoes off on and just relax with some wine.Tables and chairs were also set out around the pool that later on lit up once the sun set.The weather was also complimentary to the setting and we were even offered cozy blankets when it got chilly!
The staff were very attentive,very friendlly,and very helpful and nice and made sure we had everything we needed at all times.
We were served by a young man named Supri who was incredibly attentive and very nice,and assisted us with all our needs.He contributed largely at making my visit to this pool bar a great one.
We ordered the hot and cold mezze platter which was delicious and very satisfying and came in a generous serving,and later we ordered the chocolate fondant that came with a side of ice cream and fresh berries and it was a dessert fit for the kings!The drinks always arrived on time,and we dint have to wait too long after we ordered something.
As always,i am very pleased with my experience at yet another Sofitel hotel and i look forward to visiting another one of their restaurants as i know i will not be let down!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ReRePum
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful post on Tripadvisor and sharing your magnifique experience at our Chill’O Pool Bar. We are very glad to know that you and your husband had a great time and enjoyed the food and service we offered in the hotel.

Thank you also for highly commending Supri, who consistently provide an excellent service to our guests. I will definitely share your comments to him as well as to the rest of the management and staff. Such kind of feedback helps in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope that on your next visit, you will try also our other F&B outlets, as you have mentioned, we will never let you down.

It will be such a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a night a couple of weeks ago. I always prefer the Sofitel brand as I am big fan of their properties. This hotel is a huge property in Abu Dhabi Corniche. the access to the hotel is really easy, especially if you are driving from Dubai! Try the Club rooms as they are offering a variety of services that you dont want to miss. The stuff are more than friendly and happy to assist you with everything. Enjoy the great view from the pool and definitely dont miss the breakfast!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andrea T
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Abu Dhabi and for always choosing the Sofitel brand. I appreciate all the kind words about the hotel and the services. I will share your comments with the team as I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 16 March 2014

For the second year we stayed in this modern, clean and comfortable hotel in order to compete in the Abu Dhabi International triathlon. The staff were knowledgeable and prompt with their service and extremely helpful in dealing with large pieces of luggage. They were courteous at all times even when we returned, bedraggled and tired from the event. The beds so dreamily comfortable we didn't want to get up, the bathrooms spotlessly clean and the night time chocolate delicious! We shall definitely return next year for the triathlon despite the slightly longer distance from the event and if a weekend treat is needed in the interim then the Sofitel it is. What sets this hotel apart from many others is the feeling that the staff really care about your stay with them and do everything they can to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

Room Tip: Both visits were spent in corner rooms which are light and the configuration of the room allows you...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gillian R
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. It warms my heart to know that the team's hard work is appreciated. Your comments will be shared to everyone as I am sure that this will serve as encouragement to them.

The Sofitel MyBed is one of our signature items and I'm glad to know that it has made your stay comfortable. It is such a pleasure that we can contribute to make your stay as a great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

A wonderful hotel with outstanding staff. Service is fantastic, particularly at the pool bar. Avinash, who works at the pool bar was a great host, very helpful and polite. Our room was very modern, clean and comfortable. This is our second stay here and will return again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Shazzah1961
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know that you like our rooms and enjoyed your time in our Chill’O Pool Bar. It warms my heart also to know how you appreciate the outstanding service provided by Avinash. I will definitely share your feedback to him and for the rest of the team. Such kind of feedback helps in team motivation and recognition.

Thank you once again and I hope that you will keep on coming back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and one of my friends stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights in February. When we arrived at the hotel all the staff where very welcoming greeting us with 'bonjour' and offering drinks and snacks during check in, we arrived around 11:30am so where not expecting our room to be ready until 3:00pm however it was ready when we arrived and we where given the keys straight away.

We went up to our room which was a lovely decorated twin room, however the view was not great as our window looked directly onto an apartment block where you could see right into their bedrooms and vice versa. We also noticed there was no dressing table or mirrors next to plug sockets being two girls planning on having nights out in Abu Dhabi this was a big worry. We had booked the trip as an early birthday weekend for my friend I had stated this when booking but no effort was made in the room to celebrate her birthday whereas during previous stays in hotels celebrating birthdays a cake or more has always been left in the room.

Once we received our luggage we decided to get changed and head to the pool. Expecting it to be sunny and warm we headed down to the pool in bikinis and beach dresses. We where extremely disappointed when we arrived at the pool to discover it gets no sun whatsoever due to the tall surrounding buildings completely shading the pool area. We decided to have a drink at the pool bar whilst we decided where to go, we had to ask for blankets as it was so cold, we spoke to the bar guy who was very friendly and helpful he told us that at this time of year the pool gets no sun. I then remembered reading somewhere that the hotel has an area on the beach we asked the towel man and he told us to go down to concierge and ask.

We arrived at concierge who told us there was a shuttle service to the beach area however it was 12:40pm and the next shuttle service wasn't until 2:00pm. We where quite annoyed that we had not been told about the beach area and shuttle service at check in as we could of planned around the timings if we had. We where given towels and entry tickets by the concierge and got a taxi to the beach area. When we arrived at the beach area we where very disappointed to discover that it was actually just part of the public beach with sun loungers a block of toilets and no other facilities. We where then told we had to pay 25dhs per bed, we where very annoyed as we where under the impression that the beach area was part of the Sofitel hotel and guests would be given free access however it seemed this beach area had no connection to the hotel whatsoever and was accessible to anyone willing to pay. At least the beach was hot and sunny though.

When we arrived back at the hotel we decided to revisit the pool where there was still no sun we had another drink sitting with blankets over us we where hoping to order food but decided it was way too cold to eat there. So we went back to the room and decided to order room service, the menu was good and we ordered two club sandwiches, the room service staff where great and set everything up on the table and it even came with a glass of water each and a little macaroon and date. We later had a little nap in the room during which time a knock was heard at the door which we ignored the person at the door continued knocking and eventually entered the room to which I got out of bed to find it was housekeeping asking if we wanted anything which we didn't. Although we forgot to put our privacy button on I feel this service is unnecessary and inconvenient as we could easily phone housekeeping if we needed anything.

We later put on our tv to discover a thick black line across the whole width of the top of the TV. We also found we where having problems with the main phone it had just stopped workin completely. We had been left a comment card by room service so I noted the TV and phone problems and also commented on the pool, beach and shuttle service. We received a call from the manager (which i had to answer on the bathroom phone) not long after the card had been taken away. He discussed the issues and said we should of been informed about the pool, beach and shuttle service at check in and apologised for this, he also informed me that someone would come up to our room soon to fix the phone and tv. Not long after a man arrived he checked the TV and phone and said he would need to take them away and replace these which he did. I was impressed with the fast response from both the manager and the maintenance man.

The rest of our stay was fine however we stayed away from our pool visiting another hotel and a private island beach club to sunbathe. We had a couple of great nights out in Abu Dhabi and always found it easy to get a taxi from the hotel. On our check out day we decided to check out and head straight home to Dubai whereas during stays in other hotels we would of checked out and spent the rest of the day by the pool.

Overall it is a lovely looking hotel and staff are helpful and friendly, however I feel it is more a hotel for people on business rather than people looking for a relaxing holiday by the pool. Maybe it would be different in hotter months but I feel something should of been stated on the booking page about the lack of sun around the pool during February as we ended up spending extra money having to go elsewhere to sunbathe, when the pool area and location was why we chose this hotel.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We wish to thank you immensely for taking your precious time to convey your comments and providing us a detailed report about your experience during your stay with us.

Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and we understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel. Please be assured that your observations have been taken on board, a review of the relevant processes has been undertaken and the necessary corrective measures and actions have been implemented to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

In the meanwhile, I am glad that in some areas of your experience you have met your expectations. Please note that your feedback is very important to us and we are taking it constructively to better improve our services.

Once again we truly thank you for your time and comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future. If you have any further feedback, please feel free to discuss it with us at h7507@sofitel.com.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.