“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #9 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Nice hotel and new , friendly staff who give you big smile while they welcoming you , modern and clean rooms , good location on abu dhabi corniche. I think I can try it again and its worth the money I pay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mohamed A
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice review in Tripadvisor.

It would be my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche that made your stay enjoyable. Your valued comments definitely boosts our morale to better our services and offer you the best.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Nael El Wary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I spent 2 nights in Prestige Suite with my Family at Softies Abu Dhabi Cornish, it was amazingly beautiful.
Great suite, amenities, Gym, Executive lounge with full access, very nice pool, great view to Abu Dhabi Cornish.
Very friendly staff.
It was just amazing and surely I will go back at first chance.

Room Tip: Trust me, book Prestige Suite no. 2601, you will not forget it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Hesham M
Dear Valued Guest,

We are very happy that you had a great time during your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and have enjoyed our facilities. I will share your appreciation to the management and staff.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward on your next visit.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have had multiple lengthy stays and each time I felt very welcome and valued. Extremely responsive staff, each and every one of them providing infallible service with a smile, any time of the day or night. Be it Hsu at reception, Ijaj, John at concierge, Sakuntala & Jennifer in housekeeping, chef Patil, all too numerous to name, all give a personal service that is extremely warm and caring. This is all the more appreciated as they go out of their way to provide all I need and to accommodate. Check in is quick , usually with a welcome drink.
Breakfast buffet is a wide spread with a range yummylicious cuisine from across the world.
I had hoped to become a platinum member and access club milessime but was disappointed as despite long stays, I was not eligible. Hope to make it for my next trip.
Thanks Sofitel!

Room Tip: I felt the 4 & 5 series rooms had the best view of the corniche.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Radhika28
Dear Valued Guest,

It warms my heart to know that you have experienced “a home away from home” at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche. It also gives me a great pride that our staffs are commended for their efficiency and professionalism. I will definitely share your feedback to Hsu, Ijaj, John, Sakantula, Jennifer and Chef Patil. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement and motivation to the whole team.

Once again, my sincere thanks and I hope on your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed in a prestige suite ( special treat from my sister, who was leaving Abu Dhabi after 17 years of working there). Beautiful view (through floor to ceiling windows) of the corniche. Lounge area comfortable and modern, with adjoining bedroom ( does have stylish sliding door to separate this area from lounge), again with sweeping views along the corniche. Large bathroom, jacuzzi style bath with separate large walk in shower ( this has both ordinary shower plus rainforest shower, should you choose). Double sinks. There is also a smaller bathroom as you walk in to the suite. Two large flat screen TV,s, one in lounge & one in bedroom. Plus all the usual luxury decor you would expect of a five star hotel.
As there was three of us staying, we were provided with an extra bed. This, however, was not at all comfortable! The main bed, however, was luxuries and soft & comfortable. We were only staying two nights, so this did not deter us from the beauty of where we were staying.
Do not be put off by booking a suite if cost is a bit of a drawback, as the added " extras" more than make up for it. As a guest in a suite, we had access to the club lounge on the 36th floor. This included complimentary breakfast , snacks & soft drinks/ tea/ coffee between 12pm and 3pm, afternoon tea/cakes between 2.30 -5pm. And complimentary alcohol drinks and snacks again until 7.30 (drinks) and 9pm food. When I say snacks, this included salads, smoked salmon, hot food such as soups and pasta dishes. All of this without spending a penny!!! Whilst being in the luxury of an exclusive club lounge with sweeping views of the city.
Can I just say, the welcome we received on checking in was lovely, with cold towels and fresh juices given at reception ( it was 42 degrees outside!). On entering the suite, we found a platter of mini desserts, cakes and fresh fruit.
All our needs were catered for, and nothing was too much trouble. In fact while my mother was a little unwell with a sore throat & had to retire early to bed, the staff sent hot lemon, honey & ginger to her room and was very attentive.
Did not try the swimming pool, but the complex did look lovely. As for dining, there are plenty restaurants and buffets available. If, of course you have room after taking advantage of the club lounge benefits!! There is also complimentary bus available to Abu Dhabi mall.

Room Tip: Prestige suite with sea views and club lounge access!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Annette F
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche on your visit to Abu Dhabi and for highlighting the facilities and the services we offered. I’m glad that majority of your experience was magnifique.

It was satisfying to read that our team exceeded your expectations. They always do their best to make sure that every guest feels special.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I rarely write something about buffet restaurants, or let's just say all day dining attraction of a certain hotel, but this one didn't do much on its star rating, it should be, in my opinion, 4.5* or perhaps 4*, maybe because of the service that I got from the restaurant, not typical of the Sofitels that I experienced elsewhere, like in Buenos Aires, where service is absolutely fantastic, I don't know, but maybe because of my spanish that they felt I belong, but still, I came across one-of-a-kind service that never left my mind. This hotel, didn't, in any other way surpassed my expectations about sofitel, typical arabic hostility, I should say.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jm222_12
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and I sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your time at one of our restaurants, rest assured that we are looking into the issue so that you will have a better experience on your next visit.

We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Once again, my sincere apology and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

location is great although i stayed for two nights and didnt leave the hotel. over friendly staff, helpful and respects visitors. amazing swimming pool and tasty food. room service provided us a complimentary CD driver with kids movies. and a cake for a birthday which was a pleasant surprise. in 15 years i didnt sleep on such a comfortable bed.
check out within a minute. my family spent great time, i wish there was a kids club and kids pool with some games. keep it up guys

khalid el zoubi

Room Tip: go for club lounge (pay extra with all day snacks)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Khalid_zoubi
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am glad that you and your family had a magnifique experience with us.

We will be delighted to welcome you back again to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

xoxo
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Outstanding service and quality. Great food. You are treated so well there. The service feels so personal. The rooms are stylish and cozy. I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The club milessime is wonderful and serves gourmet all day.

Room Tip: Choose sea view
Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank JoannaVMT
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your favourable review on Trip Advisor.

It was pleasing to read that you that you like the rooms, the food and the services we offered.
We share all the feedback with the management and staff. Such kind of feedback helps in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope to welcome you back again to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.