“High Quality Service All Around - Magnifique Breakfast Is Indeed Outstanding”

Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have stayed several times at the Sofitel, mostly for business.

In my view, Sofitel stands out in the 5* business hotel offerings in Abu Dhabi, and is a good instance of where management have really focused on providing a service quality that doesn't belie the 5* start status that sometimes happens in comparable hotels in Abu Dhabi. The staff are good all around - F&B, reception, concierge, housekeeping and respond relatively quickly and efficiently to guest needs.

What really shines distinctively, however, is the breakfast buffet in the main restaurant, which is by far one of the best breakfast offerings in Abu Dhabi, with tons of both healthy and yummy / gourmet options.

One minor glitch is that the business center attendant leaves after a certain time, and I was informed that after this happens, its no longer possible to use the printers in the business center, which is a bit odd. Staff at the hotel are very helpful and helped print documents out from USB / email, but sometimes this
is a bit sub-optimal.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank YJalil
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you always had a wonderful stay each time you visit Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

It would be my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team that made your stay enjoyable. It was also satisfying to know that our culinary team exceeded your expectations.
Your valued comments definitely boost our morale to better our services and offer you the best.

Once again thank you for sharing your magnifique experience in spite of the minor flaws you have encountered in the hotel.

We will always look forward to welcome you back.

Nael El Wary

Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked the Corniche restaurant for international buffet thinking it would provide a good selection of dishes. Limited choice of food available with hot dishes served only warm.
Really disappointing, lacked quality, more like a Buffet at a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank lovethesunStockton

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a comment about your dining experience at Corniche All Day Dining Restaurant. Your feedback is very important to us and it has been well noted and being addressed to our Executive Chef.

We appreciate every comment and value it for further improvement. If you have any further comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at h7507-am@sofitel.com. Our constant endeavor to create a memorable dining experience for our guest depends on your valuable feedback.

Should you give us the opportunity; we look forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Fantastic hotel, beautiful rooms , lovely service, great pool and fab breakfast , could not fault this hotel and will be recommending to all our friends ! The pillows and the bed where luxury plus. Really could not fault this hotel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Maheramanda
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel during your last visit to Abu Dhabi. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our rooms, the pool, the breakfast and the service. I will be more than happy to share your comments to the management and staff as I am sure that this will serve as a motivation for them to continuously provide a consistent quality of service.

Thank you also for recommending the hotel. We look forward on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I got off to a rough start after a mix up at check-in, but the staff made up for it throughout our stay, they were really helpful and always smiling, the service felt very personal and they did transform a bad start into a great experience, one person who stood out was Izat from reception who took very good care of us and always greeted us by our name!

The hotel is conveniently located within Abu Dhabi, we had a sea view room which was great, the room has an amazing design and the bed is very comfy. Internet is fast, and their seafood restaurant is amazing.

I would definitely check in Sofitel again for my next stay in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Carin J

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor.

It warms my heart to know that the team's hard work is appreciated. I will share your feedback with the management and staff especially to Izzat. Such kind of feedback helps in staff motivation and recognition.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again in the near future.

Nael El-Wary

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I chose the Sofitel to stay during my birthday last year with my sister and friends. I had booked everything 2 months in advance (4 rooms in total for me and my friends) and I followed up on the rooms and special requests (near rooms on the same floor, non-smoking, birthday amenities) a month before my arrival and a week before my arrival (I guess I am a bit OC). :) Despite all of that, upon checking in, not only did the Receptionist not acknowledge that it was my birthday, but it turned out none of the rooms were on the same floor like I had requested for 2 months ago and which they had repeatedly guaranteed! And some were on a smoking floor, as well.

When I went up to my room, there were no birthday amenities of any kind. I don't know, but I guess I sort of expected it since I am a bit birthday-crazy. My sister knew I was upset and she immediately went down while I was in the shower and bought some items from the pastry shop downstairs and arranged it in my room. She tried to convince me the hotel staff brought it in while I was in the shower but then I found the receipt. :)

After my birthday dinner in another hotel, we came back to try out their Jazz & Fizz Bar and were remarkably surprised! Service was great, they accommodated our large group of about 20 in a matter of minutes and we stayed comfortable throughout our evening there.

Breakfast was nothing special and the pool was designed nicely, except there was limited sun due to its position between two tall towers.

However, I will definitely return. Sometimes these things happen in hotels but it doesn't mean that the lack of service from that one time is how it always is, so I'm actually looking forward to my next stay there to have my mind changed - hopefully. :)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank NJM88
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Sofitel Abu Dhabi is one of the finest hotels you can stay at. The service is masterful! From the moment you pull up in your taxi you are met with a smile and a pleasant welcoming comment. Once you have been there a few times you are very quickly known as a regular guest and they refer to you by your name. Reception staff are extremely helpful and try and accommodate any requests you have e.g. high up room with a view of Corniche. The rooms are very unusual in design with a sliding fretwork screen that allows you to either open up the bathroom area as a part of the bedroom or close it for just bedroom. There is ample wardrobe space, tea and coffee facilities are good and the TV is large and has a good range of programmes.. The room fridge is amply stocked but importantly with space for your own items - always a good thing for the heat of the middle east! The beds are large and very comfortable with great comfy bedding. Service to the room is excellent with well cleaned rooms every day, a night turn down if required - always good just for the complimentary chocolate! The shoe cleaning facility last time I stayed has to be the fastest in the world - ten minutes!!
The restaurant is of a very high quality, unfortunately the prices are also high so be careful about your budgets. The breakfast buffet is very very good however at £20 it is very expensive too! The bar is modern and ok but try and take advantage of the happy hour and special offer deals as again it can be expensive. This also applies to the pool bar and outside pool area. The outside pool is ok however in the months of January & February the sun does not come round until late in the afternoon so not so good for sunbathing. However there is a free hotel bus that takes and collects you from a private beach so this compensates you for this. There is not a lot of tourist sights around the hotel so be prepared to get taxis to places you want to see. However taxis are not expensive so this is a bonus. If you stay at Sofitel I am sure you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for a Corniche view and avoid any floor with an 01 ending number e.g. 601 as there are more wall...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
10  Thank 214kenb
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche on your visit to Abu Dhabi. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you like our rooms and the excellent service provided by our staffs.

It would be my pleasure to share your compliments with the entire team of Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche that made your stay enjoyable; your valued comments definitely boosts our morale to better our services and offer you the best.

Thank you once again for sharing your magnifique experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed there for 3 nights, it was a good hotel, with the standard 5 star amenities. Good lobby, upon arriving (difficult to find the entrance when driving down from Dubai on corniche road), we were immediately checked in by the staff. We had booked a prestige suite for 3 nights - which included the club benefits on the 36th floor. The staff had explained everything that was included.

The room was located on the 24th floor, with sweeping views of the Arabian Gulf, initially we had issues with the air conditioning, but as soon as we called the maintenance he had come and fixed it up. I believe this issue is due to the direct sunlight with ceiling to floor windows. The bed had a weird lump in the middle, but it was still comfortable. Cozy bed. One issue with the room tv was it was at a lower level than the bed, making it difficult to watch while laying down. Maybe the tv could be mounted on the wall instead of the low level tv stand. Good selection of channels in the room.

We had used to pool lounge, 3 times during the stay, we were quiet dissapointed with the service, it lacked the warmth and attentiveness of a 5 star hotel. During the cold towel handouts, we were overlooked twice, small smoothie hand out also we were over looked twice - though it was a good gesture. The jazz and fizz bar has amazing happy hour deals - and also had good service, until it got really busy, after which the lack of staff could be felt, we left soon after. The club lounge was brilliant, it was quiet and classy. Service was attentive there. One day we had gone to the Corniche restaurant for breakfast - decent selection of dishes, but what we didn't know is that breakfast could not be consumed in the corniche restaurant, only in the club lounge for the suite guests (which had a smaller selection for breakfast items). We were charged for it, but upon check out, when i explained my side, TJ was nice enough to remove the charges. It was a good gesture. We had ordered room service on 2 occasions, which had arrived promptly, but no follow up on clearance was done.

The room itself was big, with black and while thrown in. Housekeeping is a bit lacking as several areas of dust could be seen. The wear and tear of the furniture, even though this is a new hotel, could be noticed - scratches and the like. Bathroom was huge (there were 1.5 bathrooms in the suit)

Overall a decent stay, pool area was good. I would come back for a business trip, but not more than a one day stay, as the outlets/F&B leave a lot to be desired in terms of service.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing/high floor rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank M_Taz1985

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us and for letting us know that you encountered challenges with some of our equipment and services. My sincere apology if in some areas of your experience, you did not meet your expectations.

Your feedback is very important to us, I have taken note of your comments and addressed to our concerned Department Head in order to take an appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope to welcome you back again at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and have the opportunity to create a magnifique experience.