Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche
US$455
US$358
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
US$213
US$125
  • Pool
Corniche Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$147
US$377
US$313
3,134 results
All reviewsclub millesimefizz barprestige suitepool barall day diningspecial thanksabu dhabi cornichemarina mallclub roomsea viewrain showershuttle busmain restaurantexcellent hotelamazing serviceduty managerthe executive lounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was looking forward to my 6 night stay at the Sofitel Abu Dhabi, a fairly new hotel. At first glance, all is well. It's clean and modern, but the fairly austere black-and-white theme isn't to everyone's taste. While a bit too Euro-bling for my tastes, just this side of gaudy, I can live with it. Room was similarly styled. The bed was comfy, the shower was fine.
But problems developed pretty quickly. I'm no architect, but it doesn't take one to know that four elevators accessible to hotel guests aren't enough for a busy 40 plus floor tower (including eight floors of public space and conference facilities), resulting in maddeningly long waits for elevators, some of which when they finally arrived were predictably full. This is a structural problem that will plague the hotel forever. My advice: all hotel staff should use only and always the service elevator.

Also, the pool is small, and the space around is very limited with too few chairs and lounges; it fills up pretty easily. While I found Ravinash at the pool bar to be attentive and efficient, since the space is surrounded by tall towers on three of its sides, it is almost always in the shade and offers a very mausoleum-like environment to pool-goers.

I found the food in the hotel to be adequate but very highly priced. I did not try the two restaurants at the hotel, both of which have good reputations. The employees were generally nice enough.The live music at the Jazz 'n Fizz bar (do NOT get me started on the names of the places here: Chill-O bar and Jazz n Fizz bar?!) was a nice diversion and always enjoyable, and Dhanush at the bar is a friendly man and a good bartender. Avoid Ladies night on Tuedays, unless you like a vaguely bacchic evening...

Come check out time, though, 6.30am, very large bag is packed, and I have to get to work by 7...none of the four elevators are functioning, forcing me to hump down 23 flights of dusty and dirty stairs in an under-ventilated stairwell in an Abu Dhabi August (when I called down from my room, they said they'll certainly be working before the check-out time, which is noon!). That happened to be an unfortunate coda to a very mixed stay at the Sofitel, but a very appropriate metaphor for a seven year period in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, choose a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank geepat
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your conscientious review. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations as a 5-star hotel. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the malfunctioning of our elevators during your stay. We understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel.

We always welcome not just positive feedback but also constructive comments which help us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon. Please be assured that your remaining observations have been addressed to the concerned Department Head for further review and investigation in order to avoid any recurrence of such issues.

Furthermore, thank you for highly commending Avinash and Dhanush for their efficient hard work. Your appreciation for their dedication is very encouraging and will be shared to the rest of the team.

Once again, our sincere thanks for your time and feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future and should business or pleasure brings you back to Abu Dhabi, please do not hesitate to personally contact me at h7507-gm@sofitel.com and I will be more than delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have staied at Sofitel for 45 days.
Room size is good, large bed and spacious bathroom.
Nice restaurants and polite consierge.
Service of the highest standards.
I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Eugenio R
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel during your last visit to Abu Dhabi and I appreciate your kind compliments about the hotel.

I am delighted that you will strongly recommend the hotel. We look forward to welcome you back in near the future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Just back from a 7 night stay at this hotel with my wife. Its a lovely hotel with all the amenities, facilities, services that you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Food is lovely and the place is friendly and clean. Shuttle bus is free and useful and can save you a lot of money.

When you settle in after a couple of days then things change. . . .

Turndown service is a joke. We had it on 2 nights out of 7 and when I questioned the staff at the front desk, they told me that turndown was alternative nights. 2 out of 7? doesn't add up. That's not 5 star service. Had to chase up towels that were missing on 2 occasions. Hand towels missing and floor towels as a replacement plus face clothes not renewed. Drinking glasses missing from the room and tea cups not replaced for days. I shouldn't need to constantly chase house keeping for these little gripes. You wouldn't even expect this from a 2 star B&B.

Chill'o bar and pool on P8 was a baffling experience. Free cocktails one day. . . . no free cocktails the next. By this I mean its pot luck if you receive a free cocktail from bar staff. They actually leave people out and he pool was never actually packed. Very petty. Why do 5 star service one day and decide not to do 5 star the next. This type of attitude was quite a recurring thing. It just felt that they couldn't be bothered with you sometimes, like some guests didn't exist. Also the Waiters at night are a bit unprofessional. Ordered a pint of Budweiser, received something different. Ask for sugar with the cappuccino. . . you don't get the sugar and get a normal coffee. RUBBISH! Cocktails are awful. Taste too strong and way too bland. Me and my wife had one each on 1st night and that was it for us. Didn't even get cocktails on FREE cocktail night.

On checking out we noticed that Sofitel was charging us for a packet of peanuts (not sure what the exact price was but its not the point) that I had ordered or used from room service. Very disturbing because I did not once lift the phone for room service and seen no sign of peanuts in our room. Just cookies, crisps and mini bar which we did not use any. We questioned this and refused to pay. The man tried to explain and butter us up trying to pull the 'Kashmir Wool' over our eyes but it was fine in the end. In fact it must be an Abu Dhabi thing because this happened on 3 other occasions in and around the city. Certain places just add random things to the final bill probably hoping you don't notice.

Will I ever stay at Sofitel again? Probably not. There are plenty of other hotel chains with the same facilities, cleanliness, food quality etc. that will hopefully run a more consistent 5 star service. Try not to be put off by this report because it is a nice hotel. Sofitel has all the right ideas, the problem is they don't execute them in the correct and consistent way that you would expect from a 5 star luxury hotel.

Luck of the draw I guess

Sofitel Corniche 10/10

personal experience 5/10

Room Tip: Just try and find the best price possible. I booked a normal double bed room and the quality of the finish was excellent (especially the bathroom).
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris D
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your honest review. Please allow me to express my deepest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced and I understand your frustration as we failed to provide you with the degree of service you expected from Sofitel.

The issues that you have been mentioned are being investigated thoroughly and addressed to the concerned Department Head. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us understand the areas we need to strive for improvement upon.

Once again I sincerely apologize and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Should business or pleasure brings you back to Abu Dhabi, please do not hesitate to personally contact me at h7507-gm@sofitel.com and rest assured that we will go beyond your expectation on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PR_SofitelAbuDhabi, General Manager at Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had never been to Abu Dhabi before, although had been to Dubai a couple of times. We looked at a few hotels before deciding on the Sofitel, based on other reviews that we'd read. When we got there, we were not disappointed. We had requested a room on a high floor, and mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary. We were welcomed with a drink at reception, and escorted to our room by the very attentive staff, and when we entered, we were stunned to see that the staff had prepared it with rose petals on the bed and in the bath, and folded the towels into swans. A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and it was a porter, who presented us with a cake with "Happy Anniversary" written on it, as well as a selection of fresh fruit, and were told this was all on the house. We had only been there 5 minutes, but were already certain that we had made the right choice. The hotel itself is simply stunning. A fantastic location right at the Northern end of the Corniche. The facilities are great, and it is so clean. As for the staff, I've never felt so well looked after. Nothing was too much for them. They all made the effort to make conversation, and it never once felt like they were doing it because they had to. Special mention to Alvin at the pool, Mohammed the shuttle bus driver, and Sanjeewa from Chillo's bar, who we had lots of conversations with during our stay. To sum up, we loved it and will certainly be staying there again. Top class hotel. Thanks everyone!

Room Tip: You can request either a city view, or a view overlooking the Gulf. Either is stunning!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank darrengreaves

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay and for having chosen Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche to celebrate your wedding anniversary. I am glad that you had a magnifique experience.

I appreciate all the kind words about the hotel and the services. I will share your comments with the management and staff especially to Alvin, Mohammed and Sanjeewa. We always do our best to provide the high level of services according to our guests’ expectations and needs. It is such a pleasure to know that we can contribute to make your stay as a great experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche!