“Excellent home in Abu Dhabi”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Istanbul
“Excellent home in Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Located accross from Emirates Palace and inside the Etihad Towers residential/office/hotel complex, Jumeirah Etihad has great architecture, perfect views, good food and great service. For vacation or business, you will be hard pressed to find better in the Emirates. Even the entrance to the hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Look for high floors until construction around the hotel is completed
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NeseBek
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear NeseBek

Thank you for taking the time to post your review; we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

It is my pleasure to pass your compliments on to our whole team that made your stay enjoyable; we all appreciate your positive comments.

I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team, look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Doris Greif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I took my partner and 5 year old child here for 2 nights 29/12/11-31/12/11
The rooms were very well appointed.
The food in the hotel especially the buffet was first class.
Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel.
My son injured himself in the room and the hotel couldn't do enough for us laying on a limo to take us to the hospital and wait for us all complimentary.
We would definitely come back but for 5 nights next time.
I booked this through The Flights Specialist and got a very good deal!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank DamianHerinckx
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear DamianHerinckx

Thank you for taking the time to post your review; we appreciate your great comments.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular enjoyed our service. I hope that your son has recovered fully.

It is my pleasure to pass your comments on to the teams that made your stay with us memorable.

I along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We visited the hotel in early January to celebrate our recent engagement as our friends had been there and had good things to say. I have to say that we were not disappointed- everything from arrival to check-out was perfect. We had beautiful amenities in our beautiful room with a beautiful view. Before going to the room we were unsure if our windows would be clean or not as we had seen reviews on tripadvisor about dirty windows- well, ours were spotless! The view over the entire city was so great especially from the bathroom ;) Huge variety at breakfast, wonderful spa, nice pool and lovely atmosphere in the bar on the 62nd (or maybe 61st) floor. Some restaurants are still not open but we are definitely coming back to experience them!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AweSome19
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear AweSome19

Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review; I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

In accordance with our opening plan some of our restaurants- Scott’s (Seafood Restaurant), Tori No Su( Japanese Restaurant), Brasserie Angelique (French Restaurant) and Observation Deck are scheduled to open in Spring/Summer 2012. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back when the restaurants are open.

I on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards

Dublin
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The hotel itself claims there is minimal disruption as work on the main hotel is complete.

We booked this hotel last minute as the hotel we had originally chosen had informed our travel agent that there was still work ongoing. We were led to believe that everything was in order with this hotel (our travel agent had not seen the hotel). So you can imagine our complete shock when we arrived at the hotel ...only to discover that it was located in a virtual construction zone in terms of roads works outside and massive construction nearby.

We arrived in the evening and were greated by the bright lights of two hotels under construction directly beside the hotel, the Regent Pearl has approx 39 floors of concrete & metal and overlooks the small beach belonging to the Etiad Towers. If that was not bad enough, the hotel itself is currently constructing their own two story seafood restaurant on the beach, the roof, when we stayed, was being hammered into place.

I have to say the service staff here are all exceptional, my only reservations are with the people at reception, there are all very blasé about the impact the construction noise has on guests. When checking in I expressed my concern about the degree of construction as I could see a crane through the window behind reception, I was reassured that there would be minimal impact on us during our stay. How wrong that turned out to be, after spending 2 days trying to block out the noise on the beach, I went to reception to complain and I was told in no certain terms that all travel sales agents had been informed of the ongoing work, yet the hotel website did not mention anything about it, despite a sister property, The Jumeriah Beach Hotel in Dubai having a disclaimer about their ongoing renovation work that was being deferred over the holiday period.

To be fair to the hotel they did move us to a sister hotel for the last 2 days of our stay

If it is a restful beach location that you are looking for then avoid until all construction is complete. See photos

Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
14 Thank EmilieDublin
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear EmilieDublin

Thank you for taking the time to post the review.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay because of the construction around the hotel. Unfortunately there is construction next to the hotel along and ongoing road works in this part of Abu Dhabi which impacts all establishments including ours. We are all hopeful that the works will be completed soon.

I do hope that your enjoyed the rest of your stay at our sister hotel in Dubai.

I along with the entire team of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerely Yours

Dubai
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed at the Etihad Towers on New Years Eve. On arrival we waited nearly 1 hour for checkin around 40 minutes queuing and 20 minutes at the desk while they worked out how to use the system. (I do appreciate the hotel was full and the delays were not the fault of any one individual). Once we had our room (Apartment) we were guided there by one of the staff (Who didn't know the way), on arrival to the room we entered and were confronted with another guest who was already in the bedroom. We had to go back to reception and wait another 20 minutes for another room. Once we arrived in this room our bags took another 30 minutes to arrive. We had planned to spend the afternoon visiting the Volvo Race village but we lost over 2.5 hrs at the hotel from arrival.

Nothing to fault about the room (Apartment) although it had no refreshment and the only bottle of water in the room was half consumed.

Check out was easy!.

Lost Property:
I'd left a t-shirt and a jumper at the hotel. I'd called on New Year's day to make sure they had it. Which they did and it went to house keeping for safe looking after!. I called them back on the 4th January and made arrangements to collect the items, again they confirmed that they still had them. On arrival back to Etihad towers from Dubai I waited 30 minutes while they tried to find them and in the end I had to leave without my items. However 5 minutes down the road I got a phone call asking me to go back for collection.

Having stayed at most hotels in Abu Dhabi, I would never go back to Etihad towers, it's worth a visit to use the sky bar if you can brave the construction but stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Matthew B
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear MatthewB

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for posting your review about our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the delay at check-in and inconvenience of being taken to what seemed like an occupied room. New Year’s Eve was our busiest period so far; as a new hotel we are still experiencing some teething trouble however it is not an excuse. What you experienced is not our usual standard; we would like to investigate this further and I would appreciate if you could email me directly on doris.greif@jumeirah.com.

I am sorry about the trouble you had retrieving your items; we have reinforced training in all areas to ensure that this is not repeated.

Once again; I apologise for your experience with us which does not reflect the high standards that the Jumeirah brand is renowned for. I look forward to hearing from you directly so we can investigate and resolve the issues that you experienced during your stay.

Sincerely Yours

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Everything simply perfect! it looks like someone totally maniacal take care of all little details!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Filipe M
Dear Filipe M

Thank you for posting the great review. I along with the entire team of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers appreciate your positive comments and look forward to welcoming you back.

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We checked into the Towers for the last two nights of our holiday to give a break to the friends and family that we had been staying with, choosing the hotel on the strength of it's trip advisor reviews.

We took a club level room which is to be recommended both for the higher floor (and so incredible views), and access to the Lounge which is superb.

There is a lot of construction taking place in AD, and the Hotel is next to the construction site for another large tower.  There is noise from the pool/beach side, but it is amazing how quickly this ceases to be a distraction, and is completely inaudible from the haven of the hotel.

Everything is beautifully completed with high attention to detail.  The staff are incredibly attentive, and stopped at nothing to make every aspect of the stay special.  Having 4 children always throws up interesting travel challenges, but we were very well looked after and a particular mention must go to Balagrishnan and the Club Lounge team, and the poolside team.

We dined last night in Quest, and my ambivalence towards Asian fine dining may now be a thing of the past.  Exquisite food, great wine list (I really hope the wine list app on iPad catches on as this was truly inspired), personal attention from manager Yohan (?) and chef Benjamin and great service from the rest of the team, all delivered in a private room with stunning 63rd floor views of AD.  The toothpick dispenser is on my 2012 Christmas presentlist already!

I made extensive use of the gym which is very well equipped, expertly staffed (I like the cold towels), but a little warm.  My wife and older daughters were also very impressed with the spa.

The less than perfect score on cleanliness is for a) the view from the corridor windows obscured by dirt (construction work acknowledged); and b) lots of litter on the sea bed (although the shoreline is regularly cleared)

I also travel to AD on business several times a year and expect to make this my regular haunt.

I suspect that once the hotel becomes established we will not enjoy quite the same great value that we were able to enjoy on this trip, but who knows?!

Room Tip: Go for Club Level or above. Our corner room ( 11) has great views across both Corniche and Islands...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank DmOr
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Dear DmOr

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting the review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the Executive Club lounge.

It is my pleasure to share your comments with the teams in Executive Club Lounge, Quest, Six P Gym and Talise Spa. It is indeed very motivating for us to see the efforts of our team being recognised.

Thank you for your constructive comments about areas of improvement; we are taking corrective action to ensure that this is not repeated.

I would be happy to share the details of the supplier for the toothpick holder with you; please write to me on doris.greif@jumeirah.com

I and the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm Regards