“Good foundation”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 February 2012

This property left me feeling a bit confused. There is so much to like about this place, but for some reason, I cannot seem to give it more than a three out of five rating.

First impressions of this hotel are stunning. The lobby is chic and breath-taking, the elevators glisten with their different-colored granite designs and the staff are professional and warm. We had booked a Deluxe Club Room, so we were brought up to the Club Lounge for check-in. Check-in was very fast and we were led to our room. One of the things that kills me about Jumeirah is the poor information found on their website, particularly with respect to the rooms descriptions. As noted on the website (at least at the time of booking and through today), the Deluxe Club Room is to have a day sofa. The room we were initially allocated did not have one, so we asked if we were in the correct room. We were then brought to a new room which did have a sofa, but it was a wall-to-wall sofa, so I am still unsure as to whether a room exists as depicted on the website. Granted, the room was lovely, but you just felt a bit puzzled. I really do wish they would do something about their website, as I had a similar problem with the Zabeel Saray property.

The room itself was interesting. The first room was claustrophobic, but had spectacular views outside, as well as had the beautiful bathtub with a view featured in some of the pictures on here. The next room (a grand deluxe perhaps) also had stunning views and a grand entrance, but the bathroom really left a lot to be desired for a hotel of this calibre, and particularly a new hotel. The bathroom would be something found in a three-star hotel, so be mindful when making a decision as to room type: do you want a larger bedroom or a breath-taking bathroom? The deisgn of the room was nice, but felt a bit cold. Granted, again Jumeirah does a terrible job of featuring their rooms, but the pictures seemed like the rooms would feel a bit warmer, but the stark white walls gave it a crisp feel, bordering on coldness. Quality fabrics and leathers throughout, but something felt very corporate about this hotel. In fact, I would highly recommend this hotel to corporate travelers but not to resort-seekers. I wish we would have stayed at the Fairmont instead, particularly, as we ended up stopping by there after visiting the Grand Mosque, and I was really impressed with the feel.

The club lounge is well worth the expense. The staff is amazing, and the food is unbelievable. We did not even have to have lunch elsewhere, the food was so good. The lounge is also immaculately decorated and has a beautiful feel to it. I echo this comment with respect to all of the restaurants and common areas: they are all absolutely beautiful and no expense was spared in presenting a stunning product to its guests.

As for the infamous window-washing schedule, we were there two nights and had dirty windows all day and night both nights. It was a shame because it did ruin the view (which, in my opinion, is one of the largest positives about this hotel), so I was quite disappointed by that, but I understand management's response. You can't keep them glistening all day, but I was shocked at how dirty they actually were. I expected maybe a light film of dirt, but instead, there were huge clumps of mud/dirt.

I would have to say that I would be cautious in determing whether to recommend this hotel to someone else, particularly as the rates were much higher than would be justified for the product delivered, but I am always one for second chances. The architecture is stunning, the service is spectacular and the food is out of this world. Just keep expectations regarding room and views in check. Also, Jumeirah, please do something about your website and its room descriptions!

3  Thank DCTraveler1979
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Dear DCTraveler1979

Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review about our hotel.

We appreciate your constructive comments about the room categories and descriptions and are currently working on ways of making them more comprehensive for our future guests. In our hotel each room category has 4-5 different configurations with different features which is what you saw when you switched rooms; please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I am sorry for the windows not being clean during your stay with us; as you are aware; window cleaning had to be interrupted many times because it was not safe for window washers to be outside on a cradle due to strong winds. That coupled with extremely bad weather and sandstorms over the last month caused the windows to be more obscure than expected. This, however is not an excuse and I apologise for the inconvenience.

It is my pleasure to pass your compliments on to all colleagues that made your stay more enjoyable; it is indeed very motivating to see our efforts being recognized.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us or other Jumeirah hotels worldwide. I, along with the entire Jumeriah at Etihad Towers team, look forward to welcoming you back and remain

Sincerely Yours

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah at Etihad Towers

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Spend a weekend night here with the family for a wedding. We booked 2 deluxe rooms using Sirius points. Arrived at the hotel at around 14:00 and the rooms were ready. The lobby was grand with chandeliers and ceiling to floor windows. We were given welcome drinks and checked-in. The process was a bit slow but fine.

A lady then escorted us to our rooms whilst explaining the hotel facilities and how to operate the lifts, she then went to explain the facilities in the room. Bags came up straight behind us.

The rooms were absolutely spectacular....I have stayed in many luxury hotels worldwide and this is definitely in the top 5 and something I have come to expect from a brand like Jumeirah.

The room was on the 63rd floor with views of Bateen. Well appointed with the bathroom had full view of Abu Dhabi through floor to ceiling windows with a massive tub in the middle and a rain shower.

Electric blinds, large LCD, Voip telephones, Nespresso machine, remote control for the curtains, lights, A/C, Comfortable bed and lots of amenities. The room even had an international socket adapter.

Staff were great and very friendly. We had breakfast the next morning at Rosewater; great food and views overlooking the pool.

2  Thank KA26
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear KA26

Thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review; I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is very encouraging for all our colleagues to receive positive comments like yours as we strive towards achieving the excellent quality that the Jumeirah brand is renowned for.

On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed at Etihad Towers for 7 nights. It was a most enjoyable break. The food was excellent, particularly in the executive lounge in the evenings where we had such treats as lobster, sushi selection and Wagyu burgers complimented by Veuve Cliquot champagne. The children had room service on a few occasions which was also excellent. The rooms and the hotel itself was immaculately clean, with the exception as mentioned by previous reviewers of the windows which could not be helped as there were sandstorms and high winds. We were aware of the building work before we came and it did not impact at all from inside the hotel. It was just audible outside but it did not spoil our enjoyment. All the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and we were always greeted by name whether by the pool or returning to the hotel from the Mall, which was nice. The lobby of the hotel was particularly stunning and it was lovely to sit having one of their speciality teas. We would definitely return again.

1  Thank maz170
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear maz170

Thank you for the great review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our Executive Club Lounge facilities.

We try to keep our windows as clean as possible at all times so our guests can enjoy the wonderful view however, as you noticed, sometimes window cleaning has to be interrupted due to safety concerns because of sandstorms and high winds.

Building works, unfortunately, affect all establishments in this part of Abu Dhabi however we try to keep disturbance to hotel guests to a minimum. I am happy to note that you were not inconvenienced.

It is my pleasure to pass your compliments on to the entire team that made your stay memorable. It is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

Once again, thank you very much for your recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and remain

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Wow!!!! We have just returned today from an 8 night stay at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. From the moment you enter the lobby, you know you are going to have an amazing time.It's all glass, marble and leather. The staff are outstanding and cannot do enough to help - literally your wish is their command! This attitude is led and fostered by the Hotel Manager (Steffan) and the General Manager (Doris) who are friendly, helpful, hands-on and very professional.It is nice to see senior management 'visible' in a Hotel of this size; it makes you feel that they really want to ensure that everything is to the customer's satisfaction. They are also highly praised by their staff which is always a good sign.
Check in was so smooth, and we were taken to the Club Lounge to complete the formalities over a drink - very civilised after a long flight.
We stayed in an Executive Club room which was on the 54th floor. It was stunningly furnished, including electric curtains and had the most amazing views over Abu Dhabi.The bathroom was huge with a large walk in shower with the best rain shower we have ever seen. It also gave us access to the Executive Lounge on the 45th floor with free food and drink 24/7 throughout our stay (including Champagne between 6-8 pm!). The buffet food in the Lounge was amazing (cooked by it's own chef) and far exceeded food we have experienced in Executive or Club lounges elsewhere. In fact some nights, we didn't even bother to go out for dinner so paying the extra for the Executive room was well worth it. They serve breakfast, lunch from 12 noon to 4pm,afternoon tea from 4 to 6pm, and dinner from 6pm to 8pm. Later there is cheese and snacks (and hand made chocolates!), so whenever you are around there is plenty to eat. The staff here are plentiful and very attentive, and a special mention goes to Diana who was so helpful.
We did eat in the hotel on a couple of nights - Valentine's night in Quest, the Hotel's signature restaurant which was outstanding, especially their Wagyu Beef. We also ate in Li Beirut where their rack of lamb alone was worth the visit.
Some reviews we read before we went complained of the building works but this is true of anywhere in that area of Abu Dhabi at the moment - inside the hotel, you can't hear anything and whilst you can see the building work when you are sitting around the pool, it did not have any adverse effect on our experience. Conversely, one day, all guests were sent an amazing chocolate arrangement with an apology about the noise - the chocolates were wonderful especially as we hadn't heard any noise!
Another review complained about dirty windows. Well, the hotel is built largely of glass to ensure the best possible views so sometimes the windows will be dirty. It's rather like painting the 4th Bridge - the hotel start at one point and clean them but it's a big hotel so by the time they have finished, they have to start again. Any modern 'glass' hotel will be the same.
Value for money, this hotel (especially if you book an Executive room) would be hard to beat. We had considered Emirates Palace and went there for dinner one evening but whilst we had a nice meal in Hakasan, we were very pleased that we had chosen Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and when we return to Abu Dhabi, we will definitely stay there again.
For people who are wondering if there is enough to do in Abu Dhabi (other than enjoy the wonderful weather), we found plenty. We drove cars on the Yaz Marina Grand Prix Circuit which was great fun, we went to watch England vs Pakistan (cricket), visited the Grand Mosque and the Gold Souk. We also visited Ferrari World which is next to the Grand Prix circuit and had the world's fastest roller coaster.
All in all this was a great choice of hotel, so thank you for the previous positive reviews which helped us to decide to visit this amazing hotel.

We cant wait to go back!!

Room Tip: Definitely book an Executive Club room and ask for the highest floor possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JSOCBrentwood
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear JSOCBrentwood

Thank you very much for the great review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay especially our Club Executive Facilities.

It is my pleasure to pass your compliments on to all colleagues that made your stay memorable. It is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts recognized.

Building works, as you pointed out, affect all establishments in this part of Abu Dhabi. We are all hopeful that they would be completed soon but we appreciate your comments in this regard.

Thank you for your understanding about the windows; our windows are on a constant cleaning cycle however sometimes the cleaning needs to be interrupted because of strong winds as it is not safe for the window washers to be outside on a cradle. We do however try our best to have the windows as clean as possible at all times.

Once again thank you for your recommendation. I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team, look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Located accross from Emirates Palace and inside the Etihad Towers residential/office/hotel complex, Jumeirah Etihad has great architecture, perfect views, good food and great service. For vacation or business, you will be hard pressed to find better in the Emirates. Even the entrance to the hotel is worth a visit.

Room Tip: Look for high floors until construction around the hotel is completed
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank NeseBek
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2012

Dear NeseBek

Thank you for taking the time to post your review; we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

It is my pleasure to pass your compliments on to our whole team that made your stay enjoyable; we all appreciate your positive comments.

I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team, look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 January 2012

I took my partner and 5 year old child here for 2 nights 29/12/11-31/12/11
The rooms were very well appointed.
The food in the hotel especially the buffet was first class.
Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel.
My son injured himself in the room and the hotel couldn't do enough for us laying on a limo to take us to the hospital and wait for us all complimentary.
We would definitely come back but for 5 nights next time.
I booked this through The Flights Specialist and got a very good deal!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank DamianHerinckx
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Dear DamianHerinckx

Thank you for taking the time to post your review; we appreciate your great comments.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular enjoyed our service. I hope that your son has recovered fully.

It is my pleasure to pass your comments on to the teams that made your stay with us memorable.

I along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We visited the hotel in early January to celebrate our recent engagement as our friends had been there and had good things to say. I have to say that we were not disappointed- everything from arrival to check-out was perfect. We had beautiful amenities in our beautiful room with a beautiful view. Before going to the room we were unsure if our windows would be clean or not as we had seen reviews on tripadvisor about dirty windows- well, ours were spotless! The view over the entire city was so great especially from the bathroom ;) Huge variety at breakfast, wonderful spa, nice pool and lovely atmosphere in the bar on the 62nd (or maybe 61st) floor. Some restaurants are still not open but we are definitely coming back to experience them!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AweSome19
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2012

Dear AweSome19

Congratulations on your engagement! Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review; I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

In accordance with our opening plan some of our restaurants- Scott’s (Seafood Restaurant), Tori No Su( Japanese Restaurant), Brasserie Angelique (French Restaurant) and Observation Deck are scheduled to open in Spring/Summer 2012. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back when the restaurants are open.

I on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back soon.