“Very Upset & Dissapointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah at Etihad Towers

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Malaysia
“Very Upset & Dissapointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I've booked a standard tower room for my business trip on October through online. Of course you get the best rate if make the booking online. They asked you for a credit card details for the booking, which is a normal procedure when booking hotels. However, due to changes in calendar, the trip is cancelled. I contacted the hotel a week before my check-in date, and inform that my trip is cancelled and therefore i won't be staying there. Guess what they said? The booking is non-refundable and non-changeable!! and they charged me full payment eventhough i didn't stay there and i was like, very dissapointed & upset. I lost RM1100 for nothing. So yea, for those who plans their travelling to Abu Dhabi, please AVOID THIS HOTEL. They kind of really desperate to get people's money. Don't ever think about their supernice services or pool or spacious clean whatever, they can't even treat you like a customer in a first place. Seriously avoid this place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
12 Thank On9Lady
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience; we have looked into your reservation situation and found out that your reservation was made on a special rate under Advance Purchase terms and conditions which is indeed non changeable and non-refundable; this is specified both at the time of making the reservation and when we send a confirmation to the guest. I trust that our reservations colleague was flexible when you called you cancel however I hope you understand that because of the terms of the reservation we are unable to process a refund.

I do hope that you would visit us in the future and look forward to welcoming you

Doris Greif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Talise Spa is fantastic! My wife and I booked a couple's room and had an excellent massage. Its brand new with a great interior. Staff is courteous and very knowledgeable and will happily provide their recommendations if you are not sure about something. Definitely one of the best spas in Abu Dhabi. Not to be missed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank omski
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you posting your wonderful review about our Talise Spa.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and have passed your compliments on to the entire team.

Thank you for your recommendation; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

This bar really is worth a visit. They do the best cocktails, if its not on their vast menu, chat to the bar staff and they will produce any cocktail you wish for. Perhaps not the cheapest place to drink but definately the most stylish and a fantastic night out. Thursday is Party night and there is a DJ which just adds to the atmosphere.

We were totally pampered and look forward to returning on our viist in December.

Lee-Ann
London

Room Tip: We only visited Ray's Bar, but I had to post my review here as no other option available on Trip...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LASallis
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Lee-Ann

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Ray’s Bar. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your experience and have passed your compliments to all colleagues that made your experience memorable.

We do have Ray’s Bar listed on TripAdvisor; please click here to view this page. Along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers I look forward to welcoming you back in December

Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this AbuDhabi hotel, it is welcoming, friendly, and the staff is friendly and extrmely helpfull at all times. I spent three days two nights in the hotel attending a meeting and for once i did not get bored!! The room was spacious clean, the amenities perfect. The gadgets in the room kept me entertained (lights and curtains). Unfortuantley I couldn't use the gym or the pool but from what I saw I want to come back just to try them.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank deepc55
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and along with the entire team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We are here now, I could not wait so looking forward to these 3 days. But, as much as it is what it says on the tin my feeling is its business and not aimed at me this time for rest. It is very much aimed at business clientele. That said, charming, helpful, pleasant and u hope happy as that is what you see. Food in club lounge good and what I expect in 5 stars uae, the plus for me is a wonderful young lady (diana)who excelled in her manner and service, knowledge and happy to be around chatting when time allowed as husbands mind on sport. I may write a further review, but would I come again, probably not, back across the road we go. It's a palace for me. Should you Stay here, definitely, it is amazing, modern with amazing views and worth every penny.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank charlietraveler57
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the Club Executive Lounge facilities and have passed your compliments on to Diana, it is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

Thank you for recommending us; it was a pleasure looking after you and we do hope to welcome you back

Sincerely Yours

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

We have stayed at a number of Executive Clubs around the globe and can recommend the Jumeirah as the best we have ever stayed at. Excellence in accommodation, food, facilities and staff.
Medina Mall is AED10 by taxi and about 20 mins to the Great Mosque. In the Mall there is a Carrefours supermarket for any extras you may need.
Due to building work it does not seem practical to take a walk out of the hotel (but in 43 degree heat who would want to).
We support all the positive comments made by previous Reviewers!

Room Tip: Executive Club is on 45th floor but lifts are very efficient.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Howard255100
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 30 September 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the wonderful review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our Club Executive Lounge facilities.

I have passed your comments on to all colleagues that made your stay special; it is indeed very motivating for us to have our efforts recognized.

Once more, thank you for recommending us. On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

good location

great views on emirates palace, marina mall and the corniche

very nice lobby

luxury mall

great service

very neat and taking care of every small detail

easy to use high tech system in the room

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AHMED_A_A
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for posting your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards