“World class hotel with impeccable service - the ultimate in luxury”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“World class hotel with impeccable service – the ultimate in luxury”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed at the Jumeirah Etihad Towers hotel in Abu Dhabi for 4 amazing nights in November 2012 and our only regret was not booking for a longer stay! This hotel is top class – from the chauffeur service that collected us from the airport to our butler who brought up our luggage then offered to unpack it for us whilst we relaxed. We stayed in a Club Executive Room and it was fantastic value. The room itself was large, very modern and impeccably clean. The bed was so comfortable and much welcomed after a long flight from London. We had room service on the first night and it was the best room service I’ve ever tasted – it was of Michelin star quality without a doubt.

The club lounge served free champagne during happy hour, as well as an excellent breakfast, light lunch and light dinner. The food was absolutely delicious and the deserts were to die for! All the staff throughout the hotel and particularly in the Executive Club Lounge were always smiling and happy to help. Absolutely nothing was too much for them and they were very knowledgeable and helpful.

We relaxed by the beach every day. Although the beach area is small and the construction taking place can be a little noisy, we still felt very relaxed and had plenty of space. The pool area was beautiful and the cocktails and lunch in the pool bar were perfect. In the evenings we relaxed in Ray’s Bar on the top floor. It has breath-taking views of the city and an extensive cocktail list! All in all, this was a truly luxurious experience in a stunning hotel. Book it – you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: Opt for an Executive Club Room - the package is well worth the money and the service received in th...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Dear Guest
Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our Club Executive Lounge facilities and have shared your compliments with all colleagues; it is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

On behalf of the entire team I wish you the best for 2013 and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Warm Regards

Doris Greif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Fantastice hotel and service. We were celebrating our Silver Wedding. From the moment we arrived to time of leaving all the staff were very polite and professional. The hotel was spotless and the views from the higher floors, one could see the whole of Abu-Dhabi. Should I return to Abu Dhabi, I would stay there again. Many thanks.

Room Tip: Book a room above the 45th Floor. :)
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many thanks for the great review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your compliments with all colleagues that made your 25th wedding anniversary special. It is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

Warm Regards

Dubai
Reviewed 26 December 2012

Honestly, this was one of the best hotels I've ever stayed... From the moment I arrived till I checked out whole experience was just magical.

If i want to be really picky, the only issue (very minor) was the window of my room hasn't clean from out side for some itme. As a result,te view was not crystal clear, having said that, this didnt have any impact on my stay.

I would love to return to this place one day , hopefully for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for the great review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your kind comments with the entire team who are all very happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated.

Many thanks for your comments about the cleanliness of your window exterior; we have a cyclical window cleaning schedule however it has been a more challenging than usual because of recent rain and storms. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

It was a pleasure looking after you; on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I wish you the best for 2013 and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 December 2012

I booked at the hotel as s surprise for my sister’s birthday.
Guest Relations were really great to make it a special and good surprise. A complimentary cake, a bottle of sparkling dates, box of chocolates and a small soft toy were provided in the room. I made an additional request to add balloons in the room which was on additional charge and looked amazing.

I loved the hotel room, staff and specially the Observation Desk at 300

I would only say, their breakfast is overpriced.

Room Tip: I noticed that everywhere you go in this hotel there is a lovely view.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many thanks for the wonderful review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we made your sister’s birthday celebration special; I have shared your compliments with the entire team and everyone is very happy to see that their efforts have been appreciated.

Al Ain
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The hotel is very nice. Overall our stay was very good. Problems that we had mostly concern details and so their mention, although perhaps wordy, should not be weighted too heavily. Our biggest problem was noise from the construction site.

The hotel location is good, close to the corniche and the public beach there. There are other hotels close by — which is where there are more restaurants if you want variety. There is also a shopping mall that is not far.

The lobby is grand and busy without feeling crowded. The room was large, comfortable with everything we needed and with a view across the water — although the room was a bit bland in white and beige.

Service was attentive — at times to the point of clinginess. Having every one of the numerous staff members that one passes stop and offer a greeting may be appealing to some people but I found it tiring. As mentioned in at least one other review regarding arrival at the hotel; in the first few minutes one is passed off from one staff member to another until you arrive at the check-in desk — a journey of perhaps 25m. This can be a bit dizzying.

Unlike many/most hotels in the UAE the restaurants' food and service were at least good if not excellent.

As has been mentioned in other reviews there is construction next to the tower and the noise continues. An afternoon spent by the pool started with occasional droning sounds but before long jackhammers were going and continued until I left at around 4:00.

Some parts of the hotel can seem a bit like a maze; a few more signs offering directions would be useful. Going to the spa feels like walking though a tunnel. On my return I made a wrong turn and tried to use the wrong elevators. The correct ones were just 15m away but there was no sign. When driving up to the towers the signs for the various towers have small type and the one for the hotel is obstructed by a plant. Top tip: turn right and go up.

The beach is well-kept although the view is of a bare man-made island that appears to be a construction-site-in-waiting. The swimming area is small.

Although this is not a problem exclusive to this hotel it is worth mentioning the jet-ski users: at any UAE beach I have been to they are few in numbers but always a serious menace around swimmers. The beach at this hotel is in a small man-made cove and a few people on jet-skis entered each day to zoom about in circles. The noise was audible in my room on the 31st floor. The beach swimming area has a rope barrier; on one occasion I saw a person race his machine along the rope as close as was possible for its full length. This was experienced in a few weekdays in the cool season. I wonder what it is like when the weather is warmer and on weekends.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your detailed review.

I am glad to know that you had an overall positive stay with us and have conveyed your satisfaction to all colleagues; it is indeed very motivating for us to see our efforts being recognized.

Nearby construction unfortunately affects all establishments in this part of Abu Dhabi and we are all hopeful that it would be completed soon. Jet-skis, as you mentioned, also affect guests’ experience at most beaches however I assure you that all effort is made to minimize the disruption as much as possible.

Best Wishes over the Festive Season

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Nothing here is small scale-from the huge entrance to the restaurants and rooms. When we checked in, we received and upgrade and breakfast inclusive as Sirius card holders. The rooms are very modern and high tech with all of the amenities you would expect from a 5 star hotel in the UAE.

The windows, lighting and room temperature was all remote controlled which was handy. We had a buffet dinner and lunch at the restaurant called Rosewater and it was great. Lots of choice and yummy desert options which I liked. Service was not great at the restaurant as they had issues verifying our card and did not seem to know what was happening but this was eventually rectified.

The coffee shop at the reception was probably our highlight and they had the best looking cupcakes ever. Also a good spot for people watching with a drink and cake.

The hotel is connected to a shopping mall at the basement which had some luxury shops and one or two coffee shops so quite self contained.

1 Thank JackieOkeke1
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 20 December 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your valuable comments with the entire team. Please accept my apologies for your less than perfect experience at the restaurant; we have reinforced training to ensure this is not repeated- many thanks for your feedback in this regard.

It was a pleasure looking after you; on behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Best Wishes over the Festive Season

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The hotel is Beautiful, the service from check in to the check out was seamless.
The Hotel had just started doing Brunch on Fridays and I can see they took a lot of time and put considerable effort into getting it right, it was perfect! A standing ovation to the F&B team, they really made this 2 day trip very memorable. I'm still talking about it a month later.
I will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a High floor, the views are GREAT!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 16 December 2012
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for taking the time to post your online review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay especially our Friday Brunch and have conveyed your compliments on to the entire team. Everyone is very happy to know that their efforts have been appreciated.