“Very Good City Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai
“Very Good City Hotel”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

In March, my wife and I traveled with another couple to Abu Dhabi for the weekend (to see a performance of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra at Emirates Palace across the street from the hotel). We booked a Deluxe Room online at the advance purchase rate of 800 AED ($217).

Upon arrival, we found the valet, bellman, and reception staff to be very polite, professional, and attentive. We were greeted with a cool towel and a welcome drink. We were excited when we were upgraded to a Grand Deluxe Room (which was 10 sq m. larger than the room we had booked). The room was stylish, modern, spacious, and comfortable. Fresh fruit and complimentary water, tea, and coffee were available in the room.

The bathroom was large and immaculate. Soaps, shampoos, lotions, and even sunscreen were all high-quality. The room had all of the latest technology, with remote control for the TV, lights, and curtains, and with wi-fi available throughout the hotel (at no additional charge).

The hotel pool area was nice, with a swim-up bar and a small beach. The pool staff was professional, friendly, and attentive.

The fitness center was modern and immaculate, with free weights, machine weights, cardio equipment, and a core exercise/stretching area.

There are several great things about this hotel - including the design and the friendly staff. If there was any area to critique, it was that the food service at the pool was slow (nearly 30 minutes to get a wrap), the waitstaff at (the expensive) breakfast forgot about us after our first 30 minutes in the restaurant (not stopping by to refill tea and coffee), and room service took over an hour to deliver our food (almost making us late to our performance). Overall, a very good hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Dear Guest

Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the hotel service, in-room facilities and our Six P Gym. We have conveyed your compliments to the entire team; everyone is very happy to have their efforts appreciated.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused by the timeliness of service while you were dining with us and have addressed the matter with the concerned departments. Your feedback is very important to us – obviously it is the only way we can continuously improve our standards and service.

It was a pleasure looking after you. On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back and remain

Warm Regards

Doris Greif

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Oman
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I have selected this hotel base in web site reviewer rating where it has scored highest rate among hotel in Abu Dhabi. Although I was reluctance to stay in this hotel because I was already fascinated by another hotel in Abu Dhabi then I said to myself let me try this hotel this time.

This hotel is located in such beautiful cost of Abu Dhabi and also very near to emirate palace. However this hotel is located slightly far from airport but it is in Abu Dhabi island so every things is close enough by taxis. There is no such supermarket near but they are going to open soon supermarket in hotel mall. There is mall in same building of hotel but it has mainly brand shops. Currently there is no cinema in hotel mall. There is coffee shop. Hotel can easily arrange for taxis and honestly I could not see any near public transportation. I believe taxi is more conveniences.

I have arrived early in hotel around 02:00am. Hotel entrance was extremely charming and glorying. Anyhow check in was very quick and quiet. Welcoming drink has slightly confused me but drink was very deliciously.

Room is very big and very modern. Almost every things is automatic. Lights having sensors and they will be open and close base in motion. Room view was breathtaking it has sea view and several lagoon views. It is very beautiful . frankly I have visited Abu Dhabi more than 50 times but I could not believe I will see such breathtaking views of Abu Dhabi wonderful sea. Spectacular coast views. It was big fan of Swiss land views and I was underestimate beautiful of Abu Dhabi.

Room was equipped with multitasking remote control where you can operate almost every things in room. TV screen is HD and huge. Bed was very clean and comfortable. All necessary coffee machine and hot water maker is available in room. Several tea and coffee flavors. Also deferent snacks. There are two deferent things new in this hotel. Daily evening free chocolate and daily free fresh fruit. It is nice service. Also I am big fan of coffee machine and I like to drink coffee a lot so I was very grad full of seeing and using coffee machine.

Bathroom was fashionable and modern. It was equipped with all luxury accessories. It was maintained perfectly. It was one of most clean and stylish bathroom I have every see. It had two basins and one bathtub and shower area.

Foods in this hotel is completely deferent experiences. Wow breakfast was very appetizingly. Just name it. Every things were smartly display and available and what a amazing service. Also breakfast balcony was nicely viewed to seas. Please be careful because you will miss something from buffet because you do not know where it is started and where it is ended. One of most best restaurant I have ever eaten or seen. Again do to short visit I did not enjoy and eat in any other restaurant in hotel.

GYM size is medium but it is full equipped with main tools and machines. It is well organized and also female has their own GMY yes I know it is not promising . just kidding. GYM is free for hotel resident. It is more than enough to do main exercises.

There is spy but again I have not seen not so I am not quite sure. Swimming pool is very huge and nice and there are more than one pools so you can enjoy easily in any one of them also coast in nearby swimming pool where you can enjoying sun and water. Unfortunately I did not try to swim because I was busy but next visit I will make sure that I will swim. Wi-fi is covering all hotel area and it is also free of cost but I have not try it.

In general this is outstanding hotel and this hotel is fully set standard.

Room Tip: select room has sea view and located in higher floor
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MohamedAlJilani
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for choosing stay with us.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us especially our hotel service, hotel facilities and dining experience at Rosewater Restaurant. Your compliments have been conveyed to the service and culinary teams; everyone is very motivated to see that their efforts have been appreciated.

On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 21 March 2013

It’s a great location, nice rooms, great staff and amazing service but crowded hotel. The restaurants and food awesome.
The hotel is more business oriented, and not suitable for family stay as the hotel is packed! either restaurants or lobby.
Rooms are nice but sometimes a bit noisy due to construction, or housekeeping vacuuming the corridors or cleaning in the next room or noisy people

I would recommend it for short business trips as the hotel and area is busy.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest

I am glad that you largely enjoyed your stay with us especially our various restaurants. Construction, unfortunately, affects all establishments in this part of Abu Dhabi including ours and we are all hopeful that it would be completed soon. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused; we have posted a notice on our website advising guests of the same.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused by the vacuuming noise at the corridor; I have passed the feedback to the concerned department and have reinforced training to ensure this is not repeated.

Our hotel is not only ideal for business travelers but also a great option for family holidays. The hotel is made up of 382 guest rooms and suites, 199 serviced residences and 12 restaurants, bars and lounges. It also offers a private beach, three pools (including one kids pool), Talise Spa, Six P Gym and an extensive conference rooms.

Best Regards

Telese, Campania, Italy
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel is amazing! the location, the room, the breakfast, the services...everything was perfect!
Our room was a deluxe one with two very comfortable beds and a very big bathroom, with the view on the Emirates Palace...fantastic!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rita G
Dear Guest

Greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers and thank you for posting your great review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and have shared your compliment with our colleagues.

It was a pleasure looking after you and we all hope to welcome you back soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with free upgrade. Great hotel, really fantastic staff - non-intrusive but always there and helpful. Good selection of restaurants with a wide choice. Wonderful views over Abu Dhabi both coast and city. Spa on site, pools, everything needed for a break.
Highly recommended and will be staying again. Emily on reception REALLY good.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the better floors
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nigel W
Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and have conveyed your compliments to the entire team; everyone is very happy to have their efforts appreciated.

Collingham England U
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I have just returned from another trip to the Etihad Towers Hotel. My reservation was so easy and I would like to Thank Doris and Tomoko for all their help with my arrangments. Once again I had a wonderful stay and loved every minute.

I was collected at the airport and was soon checking in to the hotel. Check in was swift and efficient. Juliane was was once again very helpful and friendly.

The room was beautiful and immaculately clean. The pool staff were as always very helpful and attentive. The pool area was immaculate too.

The Club Lounge is a great place to relax offering great food and surroundings with excellent views of Abu Dhabi. The staff in the lounge are so helpful. They are all fantastic.

Rosewater is a great place to eat breakfast overlooking the pool and beach areas. The staff there are also very helpful.

I tried Scott's Seafood restaurant for the first time and it was amazing. Really cool decor and amazing food. Tim was so helpful and he remembered me from the Japanese restaurant on a previous visit. If you enjoy seafood Scott's is the place to eat.

I enjoyed this winter break and cannot wait to return to this amazing hotel with its amazing staff.

Thank you Etihad Towers for a superb luxury break. Jan

Room Tip: Club Rooms are the best option.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Jan,

Thank you very much for staying with us again and taking the time to post another nice review.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the entire stay and have passed your compliments on to our team especially Tomoko, Juliane and Tim; everyone is very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

Once more, thank you for the great review; I, along with the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Warm Regards

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This place oozes luxury and opulence as soon as you drop the car off for valet parking. We went for the buffet lunch, having bought a Groupon voucher. Wonderful, friendly staff, they couldn't do enough for us. The buffet selection was exceptionally good and superb quality. Keep an eye open for any Groupon offers as the voucher we had made it really good value for money.
Our only mayor disappointment was that we were not allowed to go to the observation deck on level 74 unless we paid a further 60AED per person. This does include beverages etc. but as we'd just stuffed ourselves at their superb buffet we weren't inclined to pay another 240AED just for the four of us to take in the Abu Dhabi cityscape view. It is free for hotel guests but not if you're just using the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your buffet lunch at Rosewater Restaurant. We have conveyed your compliments to our team; it is indeed very motivating to see that our efforts have been appreciated.

My apologies for any inconveniences caused by the Observation Deck at 300 access. Observation Deck at 300 is open daily from 10am – 6pm with an entrance fee of AED 50 for visitors which is redeemable against food and beverage served at the venue; children under 6 enjoy complimentary access. Guests staying at the Jumeirah at Etihad Towers hotel are entitled to a free entrance. Observation Deck at 300 provides an opportunity to view Abu Dhabi from the air and is a unique gathering point for catching up with friends and family, and a venue for business coffee meetings that are both impressive and memorable.

It was a pleasure looking after you. On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team I hope to welcome you back and remain