“Amazing hotel. .absolutely pristine.”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
grimsy
“Amazing hotel. .absolutely pristine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Returned last week after a fabulous week's stay in this truly amazing hotel.
The check in was smooth even with our request to change our room to one with a free standing bath...they allowed us to look at several rooms and choose. .Thank you Jumeirah. .all staff were courteous and efficient. .nothing to much bother. ..especially Mohammed in room service and the restaurant manager in Rosewater who was actually the manager of the Beirut Restaurant. ..think he was Muhammad too...anyway excellent service...food amazing too. .thank you. Please visit this hotel. ..the view's are amazing too..we will be returning.

• Stayed September 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Dear fytchey,
Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review of your experiences with us; it’s truly appreciated.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that it was made even more memorable by my two colleagues Mohammed and Mahmoud. And yes you are correct, Mahmoud is actually the restaurant manager for our Lebanese restaurant Li Beirut; he was looking after Rosewater during the manager’s absence. In any case, I have forwarded your feedback to both gentleman and they were ever so grateful for your comments.
On behalf of the entire team, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers where you are always welcome and fondly remembered.
Best regards, Doris Greif, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (735)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

As many have said a visually attractive hotel with a nice entrance and beautiful restaurants and bars - the 63rd floor bars are a great way to spend the afternoon and enjoy the sun setting over Abu Dhabi.

For me however it is still has too much construction in the area making the view from my room not so nice, the service was hit and miss with some staff who didn't seem to be to interested in the guests.

We had some challenges with the air-conditioning in the room and it was addressed however it was not acknowledged and seemed to be a routine thing that they were used to fixing etc rather than a inconvenience to me the guest.

All in all a great looking property that still needs some time to iron out the kinks..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank spastic_elastic
Dear spastic_elastic,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your experiences with us at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, your feedback and critique is greatly appreciated and welcomed.
I would like to firstly address the issue with the construction noise, unfortunately there’s not much that can be done about this; however, we have informed all our contracted tour operators and travel agencies of this as well as placing this information on our website, nevertheless I do apologise if this had a negative impact on your overall experience with us. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the design of the hotel as well as the compliments of our Ray’s Bar.
I hope we have the chance of welcoming you again where I’m sure your experience will prove more positive and memorable.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel has one of the most amazing views of the Capital that I have ever seen. It is modern and looks and feels new however it comes with a few disappointments. The bar on the 62nd floor smells of smoke, the bar snacks are cheap and stale and a bottle of beer will set you back AED46 a pop. If you have funds to burn, enjoy. The rooms are large and spacious - almost to much so, they echo and I feel have no heartbeat. The shower floors tilt the wrong was so water does not drain - be careful the next time you shower as the floors are wet and slippery.

The views from every vantage point are exceptional - most of the staff are very friendly and on the whole its an OK hotel, again only if you have money to burn. Management should maybe pay closer attention to small details as thats what takes a hotel from average to great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Keith M
Dear Shamwarie,
Warm greetings once more. Thank you ever so much for again taking the time to post another review, this time of the hotel itself.
I have already addressed the issue with the snacks at Ray’s Bar and again, please accept my sincerest apologies for this. I would also like to apologise regarding the drainage issue from the shower, we are currently in the process of finding a solution to limit the amount of water that seeps out from the showers but thank you for your feedback. I’m glad however, that you enjoyed the views from many vantage points during your stay.
On behalf of the entire team, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your return to Abu Dhabi.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 10 night stay. It was an amazing experience. I would like to thank Samson for his incredible customer experience at the pool side and his friendly manner. The staff at the hotel were all brilliant however he stood out even among all of them. The hotel is very clean and luxurious and the rooms are very well presented. As it was my girlfriends birthday we were treated to a complimentary birthday cake and bottle of wine which was a lovely touch which made our first trip to the UAE even more memorable. The only minor flaws to our stay were that the tea in the lobby area is over priced for the quality which I'm afraid to say is a little bland. Also due to the lateness of our departure from Doha to Abu Dhabi we missed dinner, on our first night, and we were not allowed to receive a dinner on our leaving night which was pretty disappointing as we had paid for 10 nights half board but only recieved 9 nights dinner leaving us having to get a taxi to a nearby shopping mall in search of a hot meal before we left for our plane home. I recommend that anyone who stays here in the future tries Rays bar, it's pricey but well worth it for the service, the drinks and the views. Also between 5-7pm it's happy hour at the pool bar which makes cocktails nice and cheap and they are beautifully made and very tasty

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank aidan1889
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Dear aidan1889,
Warm greetings from Abu Dhabi! Thank you ever so much for posting such a great review, it’s greatly appreciated and welcomed.
I’m delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experiences with us, made even more memorable by my colleague Samson who you have singled out. I have passed on your fantastic feedback to him and he was over the moon with your comments. I’m also happy that you enjoyed your special in-room amenities and that your girlfriend very much enjoyed her birthday celebration with us.
On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team, we look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.
Abu Dhabi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were really looking forward to spending our wedding anniversary at the new Jumeirah Etihad Towers hotel. We would have normally booked Emirates palace, as it is a firm favourite of ours, but we thought we'd try somewhere different. We really wish we hadn't. The hotel is gorgous! The drive through the tunnel and up the ramp to the hotel sets the tone for what you should expect. A special hotel with amazing customer service. The hotel does look amazing. It is beaufifully furnished and the lights in the foyer are spectacular. However the service leaves alot to be desired and the in room facilities were quite frankly shocking! My AC was not working properly the entire 3 nights that we stayed there, despite an engineer visiting the room on 4 different occasions. Our mini bar was also locked. Again, 3 different engineers came, however, it was finally admitted that it was faulty. Not once did the front of house staff do anythong to apologise for this inconveinence, let alone offer to move us. On our last evening, our lights went out whilst trying to get ready for dinner. After several attempts of trying to figure out the rooms "master switch" we called front of house, who, surprise, surprise sent yet another engineer. Upon arriving at our room, he advised that we should try taking the key card out of the socket for 5 minutes, wait until the curtains begin to automatically close, then when they are halve way, put the card back in. This would solve the problem!!! Seriously???? WTF??? no where in any of the room manuals are these "instructions" included. If the hotel engineers knew there was a fault with the lights in my room, then why on earth did they put us in it!! Upon checking out, I requested a feedback form, only to be told they had run out. I asked to give my feedback verbally. After I was finished, the receptionist said " and what would you like me to do about it? afterall it wont change your stay with us!!!!" I was fuming to say the least. I have travelled all over the world, stayed in 5,6 and even 7 star hotels, and I have never had someone tell me that my feedback does not matter, that it wont change anything! It is this lack of customer service, and outright arrogance that will see me NEVER return to the hotel again. When i explained this, the receptionist really didnt seem to care. I demanded that my comments be passed onto a manager and that they call me to discuss. I did receive a phonecall from the front of house manager, who did apologise for all my inconveinence as well as advise that my feedback was valued and that it would be passed onto the relevant departments for investigation. To be honest, it is too little too late. It was my wedding anniversary. my husband and I were their to relax and feel pampered. Instead, we were left waiting hours on end for engineers to come and sort out problems with our room which meant we were agitated and felt we couldn't relax. It is a shame, as the hotel is stunning, and once the construction works are finished, I am sure the hotel, with its fab location will be very popular. I only hope they sort out the inroom facilties and front of house staff before it ruins the hotels reputation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Carebearcrush
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Carebearcrush,
The warmest greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for sharing your invaluable feedback and critique with us.
Apologies for the delayed response but I wanted to ensure that I had gathered all the information possible before responding. I realize that my apologies may not be sufficient but I am aware that one of my colleagues has been in touch personally with you to discuss your concerns regarding your experience with us.
I understand that I cannot replace the time you have spent with us, especially learning that it was your anniversary. I can only hope that you accept my deepest, sincerest apologies and assure you that should you reconsider and return to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers that I can guarantee your experience prove more fruitful.
Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

The hotel is extremely beautiful and the staff are excellent and very professional. I do not agree that the hotel is mainly for business purposes... we were leisure guests and found the facilities to be well above what we expected. The views are breathtaking and the rooms are luxurious. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: ask for a high room... the views are phenomenal. choose between a view of the city or a view of Emi...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RuMark
Dear RuMark,
Warm greetings from Abu Dhabi! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review; your views and opinions are always welcomed and much appreciated.
I would like to thank for your comment regarding the hotel catering for both business and leisure guests. We pride ourselves on being able to cater to all types of guests, whether business or leisure, couples or families etc. and believe we have the trimmings that makes us both a fantastic hotel for business and leisure guests alike.
We look forward to seeing you again at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, where you are always welcome and fondly remembered.
Stoke-on-Trent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

A group of 4 of us have just returned from a 1 week stay at the ET and we did have a good time. We had arrived after 3 nights at the Jumeirah Zabeel Saray and that I am afraid was the problem...the 2 hotels do not compare.
The deal we got at the ET was amazing for a 5 star hotel but it is very much a business hotel and does not have that personal touch.
My sister lives in the UAE and takes a lot of people to the Etihad Towers. She emailed ahead of our stay to make sure we got the twin room we requested. She had a reply saying that we would be looked after...particularly my husband who had not been to the hotel before. We weren't after special treatment but please don't tell someone that you will be well looked after and then not do anything. Our rooms were not even ready and we had to sit in the lobby until turned 3pm. One of the managers from the JZS had also been in touch with Etihad Towers to sort our rooms as one of our party had had a really nasty accident whilst in Dubai and we wanted their room to be near a lift. The room was near a lift.....next door to it..... but we were told later that all twin rooms are located by the lift anyway.
The bedrooms are fabulous, even the standard ones and the view was fab from the 39th floor. There was a lot of building work going on nearby but it didn't impact too much on our stay.

The food was great for myself and my hubby but the other 2 in our party were not quite so keen. There was a lot of spicy foods and just not quite the quality of dishes that there is at the JZS but given the price we paid we certainly could not complain.
One really kind touch was that the Restaurant Manager Mahmoud Sleiman actually sent a staff member out to get a cereal brand that one of my party particularly liked. I call that going beyond the call of duty but Mahmoud seemed to want to make everyone's stay as good as possible and
he was very professional.
I do wish that the hotel management would allow Mr Sleiman the right to bar guests from entering the restaurant for an evening meal wearing t-shirts and scruffy shorts. No-one expects holiday makers to sit eating in a suit but some of the dress standards were appalling.

We didn't have the opportunity to use the Spa but we did use the Gym and that was great.
The beach and outside space is too small for a hotel of that size and there is a woeful lack of umbrellas. There were lots of unused sunbeds because there was no shade and if it was windy the umbrellas were taken down and people left to fry or go indoors. This isn't something you expect at a 5 star hotel.

We have stayed in Dubai about 6 or 7 times but never stayed in Abu Dhabi.
We loved Abu Dhabi and found it more relaxing and much greener.
The problem for the ET is that there are some amazing hotels opening......the new St Regis for one...which opened last month.... and is simply stunning!

Overall we couldn't fault the hotel for the amount we paid and if the offers remain then its a no-brainer to book but for me it was just lacking that certain something.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jostarStoke-on-Trent
Dear jostarStoke-on-Trent,
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post the review and offering your constructive feedback and critique; it’s truly appreciated and welcomed.
Firstly, let me extend my sincerest apologies for the delay in your check-in. Sometimes, especially during peak season and back to back bookings it can be somewhat difficult to get everyone checked-out and checked-in at the agreed upon times; of course this not an excuse and again my sincerest apologies, this is not the type of standards and service we wish to offer our guests and I hope this did not have much of a negative effect on your overall experience with us. Secondly, with regards to the lack umbrellas. As mentioned in the previous review, we are actually process of acquiring more umbrellas in order to meet demand and again, please accept my condolences for this. On a more positive note, I have sent your comment and feedback to Mahmoud Sleiman who was ever so grateful for your kind words.
Nevertheless I’m glad that your overall stay was a positive one and hope that upon your return to Abu Dhabi that you would give us a chance to give you the opportunity to review us once more, where I’m sure it will prove more positive. On behalf of the entire Jumeirah at Etihad Towers team, thank you and we hope to be welcoming you back again.