“An elegant night”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Co-workers advised me that this was a wonderful place to stay, so I took advantage of the Chill and Grill Brunch to spend the night there. The view of the Arabian Sea from the 42nd floor was fantastic. The room was elegant and refined. It took me a while to figure out all of the automation and the buttons that opened, closed, adjusted things, but after i figured them out, i had it made. The staff were all wonderful.

Room Tip: High level rooms with a sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Zenford M,
Thank you ever so much for posting another fantastic review, this time of our Hotel.
As mentioned earlier, I’m delighted that you enjoyed your brunch at Nahaam and that the views and trimmings of your room were to your satisfaction.
I truly hope to get the chance to welcome you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers at some point in the near future.
Best regards, Doris Greif, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,418)

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Most of the reviews here I think sum up the excellence of this hotel. We left genuinely upset to leave and we're outstanded by the attention to detail, customer service standards and quality of food and beverage.

I think the only other plus point to add is that the hotel is very family friendly. We have a small baby and nothing was too difficult for the staff. In addition they made us feel welcomed every meal time which made our trip very nice.

Our constructive criticism is as follows:

1: There is an issue with the pool loungers and shades - no enough shades. Also you need to be down early to "reserve" a lounger. I think the hotel need to enforce some sort if rule about this as I should not have to wake up at 8am on holiday go reserve a lounger - but needs must when you have a baby!

2: If you are on half board you can only eat dinner at the Rosewater buffet restaurant. The food is excellent there - the best buffet I have visited in the world but if you are staying for 10 days it starts to get repetitive. Despite the number of great restaurants here you can not "dine around" with any credit. This is unusual for this type of hotel.

There are however two points against a potential huge list of positive points.

If you are looking for luxury, a true 5 star hotel and ultimate relaxation then do not hesitate in staying here.

Stayed: September 2013
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Veejnas,
Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers Abu Dhabi! Thank you for your kind and inspiring review. We sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time in letting us know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to have taken care of you.
Please be assured that I will pass on your kind comments to the entire team and I am confident that your words will provide great encouragement and motivation to my colleagues throughout the hotel.
Thank you also for your feedback about the loungers, a solution is currently being discussed internally and this should be in place very shortly; we are also in the process of acquiring more umbrellas.
Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope you have enjoyed every other aspect of your stay with us. Whenever future business or pleasure will bring you back to Abu Dhabi, we would hope that you would again choose our hotel as your “home away from home.”

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Well I don't really know where to start. I suppose I should say if a deal looks to good to be true then it probably is not true. Having stopped at the sister property JBH Dubai on a half board basis I had high expectations for this as I also had half board. I had researched the restaurants, planned my wardrobe and looked forward to trying new foods. I was bitterly disappointed. The half board only included the buffet restaurant, the Rosewater and whilst a buffet can make a refreshing change to eat there morning and evening for 2 weeks was unbearable. To queue for food and wait for something to be cooked on a grill and have to stop eating to go to collect it is not my idea of a fine dining experience and people dressed accordingly, more like a works canteen or school than a Jumeirah restaurant. I did speak to Mr Loic Thomas about my concerns and he was very good, he listened to the concerns and arranged a meal in the Naaham restaurant one night which was beautiful. He checked often if everything was ok and was the epitome of professionalism. The other concern with food is that for lunch by the pool food is prepared in another restaurant and brought outside, this would be fine if the food was covered, but it was not, it was exposed to insects, sand and dust. The rooms were beautiful apart from a very slippy shower floor, the room staff were wonderful, the pool staff were very attentive but there were not enough umbrellas, the beach was quite dirty with litter and I mentioned to a manager that he was the only member of staff I had seen that had pick up any litter. The other thing that really impacted on the stay was the building work next door, it is so close, cranes lift huge loads incredibly close to the pool area, the noise never ends and it was dusty and impacted on the cleanliness of the sea. I also felt that the staff dealing with transport and Taxi's could do with some training as a few times I stood outside to get a taxi and I was totally ignored. The gym staff were great, the cold drink and towel were a great touch. The final thing are the lifts. I saw more of the hotel by mistake by my card not being recognised and not taking me to my floor than I care to remember, frustrating, embarrassing and I was not the only one. I didn't have the worst holiday ever, but I didn't have the best either. It was ok. Would I go again? Probably not. I think if Ms Greif spent more time talking to her customers when they were there, than "responding to them" on trip advisor this might be a better place to spend your vacation.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank worldtravellersam
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I stayed here on two occasions over the space of a couple of weeks. The hotel itself is amazing and the staff were fantastic. The staff are all very courteous and readily engage in conversation with the guests, having meaningful conversations, rather than not being interested in the answers. One thing I was very impressed with, was that the staff address you by name and are also very good at remembering your name. I visited the Japanese restaurant (Tori No Su) twice in five days and upon returning for the second time I was greeted by name even though I had not made a reservation. Similarly, the lady that showed me to my room also remembered my first name and it was not on the key card holder.
The rooms are fantastic and you are greeted with fruit, dates and chocolates in your room when you arrive. They also have a nice touch of a turtle cuddly toy, which at turn down service, was put inside the bed. The various light switches take a bit getting used to, but are not complicated. There was an issue with the stability of the wifi in the room when I first arrived, but that was a hotel-wide issue which was resolved.
The breakfast selection at the Rosewater restaurant was very extensive and always stocked up – you cannot trawl your way through all the different options. There is a large number of restaurants within the hotel and tried several of them during my stay. They were all excellent, if a little expensive, but this is the UAE – so not overly expensive when compared to elsewhere.
The pool / beach has some wide sun loungers which is a nice luxury. There was some construction work on an adjoining property, but that did not impact on the enjoyment of the stay – this is UAE there is building work constantly going on somewhere.
All in all an extremely enjoyable stay in a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Doris G, General Manager at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear JB238,
The warmest greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad. Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post yet another review; it’s truly appreciated.
I’m delighted to learn that your overall experience with us was to your liking and made even more memorable by my colleagues. We at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers pride ourselves on ensuring every guest’s individuality and making sure that our hotel is there home away from home in Abu Dhabi. I’m also extremely happy that you enjoyed your in-room amenities such as the dates and fruits; we understand that these small compliments make a large impact and I appreciate that you’ve noticed this.
Again, thank you ever so much regarding your comments pertaining to Rosewater breakfast, I’m again flattered at your compliments and delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast meals.
We hope that upon your return to Abu Dhabi you will once again choose Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, your home away from home.
Best regards, Doris Greif, General manager

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Returned last week after a fabulous week's stay in this truly amazing hotel.
The check in was smooth even with our request to change our room to one with a free standing bath...they allowed us to look at several rooms and choose. .Thank you Jumeirah. .all staff were courteous and efficient. .nothing to much bother. ..especially Mohammed in room service and the restaurant manager in Rosewater who was actually the manager of the Beirut Restaurant. ..think he was Muhammad too...anyway excellent service...food amazing too. .thank you. Please visit this hotel. ..the view's are amazing too..we will be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear fytchey,
Warm greetings from Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, Abu Dhabi! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post such a fantastic review of your experiences with us; it’s truly appreciated.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that it was made even more memorable by my two colleagues Mohammed and Mahmoud. And yes you are correct, Mahmoud is actually the restaurant manager for our Lebanese restaurant Li Beirut; he was looking after Rosewater during the manager’s absence. In any case, I have forwarded your feedback to both gentleman and they were ever so grateful for your comments.
On behalf of the entire team, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah at Etihad Towers where you are always welcome and fondly remembered.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

As many have said a visually attractive hotel with a nice entrance and beautiful restaurants and bars - the 63rd floor bars are a great way to spend the afternoon and enjoy the sun setting over Abu Dhabi.

For me however it is still has too much construction in the area making the view from my room not so nice, the service was hit and miss with some staff who didn't seem to be to interested in the guests.

We had some challenges with the air-conditioning in the room and it was addressed however it was not acknowledged and seemed to be a routine thing that they were used to fixing etc rather than a inconvenience to me the guest.

All in all a great looking property that still needs some time to iron out the kinks..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spastic_elastic

Dear spastic_elastic,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on your experiences with us at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, your feedback and critique is greatly appreciated and welcomed.
I would like to firstly address the issue with the construction noise, unfortunately there’s not much that can be done about this; however, we have informed all our contracted tour operators and travel agencies of this as well as placing this information on our website, nevertheless I do apologise if this had a negative impact on your overall experience with us. I would also like to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the design of the hotel as well as the compliments of our Ray’s Bar.
I hope we have the chance of welcoming you again where I’m sure your experience will prove more positive and memorable.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This hotel has one of the most amazing views of the Capital that I have ever seen. It is modern and looks and feels new however it comes with a few disappointments. The bar on the 62nd floor smells of smoke, the bar snacks are cheap and stale and a bottle of beer will set you back AED46 a pop. If you have funds to burn, enjoy. The rooms are large and spacious - almost to much so, they echo and I feel have no heartbeat. The shower floors tilt the wrong was so water does not drain - be careful the next time you shower as the floors are wet and slippery.

The views from every vantage point are exceptional - most of the staff are very friendly and on the whole its an OK hotel, again only if you have money to burn. Management should maybe pay closer attention to small details as thats what takes a hotel from average to great.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Keith M

Dear Shamwarie,
Warm greetings once more. Thank you ever so much for again taking the time to post another review, this time of the hotel itself.
I have already addressed the issue with the snacks at Ray’s Bar and again, please accept my sincerest apologies for this. I would also like to apologise regarding the drainage issue from the shower, we are currently in the process of finding a solution to limit the amount of water that seeps out from the showers but thank you for your feedback. I’m glad however, that you enjoyed the views from many vantage points during your stay.
On behalf of the entire team, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your return to Abu Dhabi.