“First time, won't be the last.”

Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
channel islands
“First time, won't be the last.”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

As the title says it, this was my first time to Jumeirah Etihad Towers and I have expectations of high standards of the Jumeirah group and I was not dissapointed.

I was looked after upon arrival in the executive lounge and the checkin process was seemless. The hotel was wonderful with an incredible view of the Gulf and beach area. The room was immaculate and had a lovely walk in shower with a rain forest shower.

I visited the gym a number of time and this is adequate for those looking to do a quick all over work out but if you train specific parts such as chest it was limited, in comparison to others.

The main lobby is extremely impressive and I will leave it at that and let you discover for yourself. It is well located and can access most parts of Abu Dhabi with ease.

I will be visiting again and see no reason I will be staying at the Etihad Towers again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ryanlambotte
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you very much for your compliments! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you are planning to stay with us during your next trip in Abu Dhabi. We are looking forward to welcoming you back!
Guest Relations Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (753)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Wow stayed days here, staff amazing, facilities amazing, food amazing, relaxing factor amazing! i had such a good time here that it was a bargin staying here! you really get looked after here!!!!! views from any point in the hotel are great always something to look at from the mall to the palace to the corniche to the airport road so impressive!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alan O
Thank you very much for your compliments! We are thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This was probably one of the best hotel stays that I have ever had. I was traveling with friends and only could stay in Abu Dhabi for a few days but this hotel was worth it. Upon reaching the hotel, the greeting at the door, the quality of service, the rose water drink and hot towels impressed me before even checking in. Check-in was smooth and quick. The room blew me away, a spectacular view of the city and on a clear day you can even see the Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque in the distance!

My favorite part was the bathroom, amazingly refreshing and relaxing bath tub and spectacular waterfall shower made waking up soothing and relaxing. I was also quite pleased to get chocolates delivered to the room each day during the housekeeping time - different flavors each day.

A few nice perks were included, such as free admittance to the observation deck in tower 1 - the tallest tower in Abu Dhabi - a nice 360 degree view of the city, palace and gulf.

Breakfast was amazing, such variety each day, a lot of familiar traditional continental breakfast items, but even more regional varieties that changed from day to day.

The service staff was beyond helpful, even the security would go out of their way to press the "up" button on the elevator just to be helpful.

I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms get spectacular views from both the room and the bathroom. Can request a room on a high...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Matteo G
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and for taking the time to review your stay in detail. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked the Observation Deck at 300 and the breakfast as well! We are looking forward to welcoming you during your next trip in Abu Dhabi.
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

I have come back again to stay at Jumeirah and I must say I think it is better this time than last! Without doubt this is a great hotel. The choice of restaurants is very good and the breakfast has to be one of the best I have ever experienced? The quality of the food is as good as it gets. It is not often you stay and eat in the same hotel 3 nights in a row but the quality and choices make it a no brainer. Value is also very good although wine is expensive in this part of the world, but you expect that anyway. Whether as a stop over en route or a holiday this hotel is a must as I cannot imagine you would be disappointed. Particularly if you like marble! It is just spectacular. So do yourself a favour and stay here, my only regret is I am leaving tomorrow.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Stephen T
Thank you so much for your compliments and for being a regular guest! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our restaurants. We wish you a safe trip back home and we are looking forward to your next visit!
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We decided to break up our journey from the UK to Shanghai by stopping off for a couple of nights in Abu Dhabi at the Jumeirah.

As you'd expect from a hotel of this calibre everything was well organised and ran like clockwork. The room was comfortable, spotless and we were provided with fruit and a bottle of wine on our first evening which went down very well!

During our stay we had taken advantage of the club executive services which meant that check-in was on the 45th floor. Whilst it was nice to a private check-in I felt it was a bit unnecessary to have to go all the way to the 45th floor to do it, a separate area on the ground floor would surely be more straight forward? Just my thoughts.... Aside from that the view from the 45th floor is stunning and the food and drink delicious.

On the evening we ate at the Rosewater which was exceptional and the service fantastic. The waiter that looked after us was outstanding and we ensured this feedback was given to management. If there was one blip in the stay then it was the dress code demanded by some of the restaurants. On our final evening we were informed by two of the restaurants that I wouldn't be allowed in unless I was wearing a jacket....seriously! Trousers and shirt I can understand, but jacket....c'mon people its a restaurant not a job interview!! In the end we gave up and returned to the Rosewater, this time the service and drinks were terrible! For whatever reason they just couldn't get it right, however a discussion with management and they managed to sort the issues. Personally I don't mind if things go wrong as long as the management are pro-active in sorting it.

So its 4 stars due to their over-the-top dress codes!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bansheeragger
Reviewed 16 January 2014

my friend and I arrived last week and it was love at first sight!! Everything was perfect, elegant and absolutely unforgettable... We have chosen the Executive room that includes the access to the Executive Lounge at the 45 floor; the lounge is open 24 hours a day and offers an extraordinary service. Any time is available internet access,an elegant and very comfortable area where you can relax yourself reading a newspaper or working, drinking everything you want (we suggest Shiraz from Argentina, Hennessy Cognac and Champagne!!!) and eating an excellent international food. We feel home..better than home!!! Special thanks to all the staff in particular Ms Miluska Olivo, Mr Noor and the top level Chef.
we`ll come back as soon as possible.
Loriana P. and Lorena C. from Rome Italy

Room Tip: executive rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank loria968
Thank you very much for sharing your experience! We are thrilled that you felt at home here with us and that you liked the Club Executive Lounge so much. The Executive Lounge Team was truly delighted about the compliments! We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I LOVED this hotel. A real 5*.

I stayed in one of the 'residence' apartments. The place was immaculate, so clean, all furniture was so modern and fresh. The studio itself was large, with a kitchen that contained every single item of kitchenware you could imagine. It had a large fridge freezer, oven, washing machine, sink, dishwasher etc. If you are not one to eat out, it's perfect. There is a waitrose pretty much attached to the hotel so you don't have to venture far to stock the kitchen.
The bed was huge, the bathroom was massive, floor to celing glass windows, desk area, nice lounge area too with TV. Wifi was free and decent, even worked at the pool which I was very impressed with. I literally cannot fault the room at all, it was beautiful, large, clean, a proper 5* standard.

Pool area is gorgeous, but you can't get a sunbed after 1030am so go early, or look out for people leaving! There is the small private beach, with a small sea area (roped off so you can't get swept out anywhere, good if you have kids!).
Pool area is very clean, there is drink service but they could do with extra staff when it's busy as it can take a while to get someone's attention.
Food was fantastic, even room service food was amazing. Book early.

Spa was one of the best I have ever been in, and I love to spa all over the world. It was simply fantastic.

Gym was lovely, clean, great equipment. it was busy when I went, so I entered the 'ladies only' section and had the place to myself. Facilities in the changing rooms were fantastic, they had thought of everything.

The hotel provided me with one car transfer, vehicle was great, professional service.
Getting a taxi from the hotel is a breeze, they have a ton of porters helping.

The service was exceptional in most cases. All staff very friendly, I had one problem (my own, not hotels) and they way they dealt with it was so impressive and professional.

Only 'bad' point I can find, I am really trying...
They need more pool beds and pool staff. I was told they were getting a delivery of 100 more beds, but they didn't arrive.
You can't walk to anywhere from the hotel, except the Emirates Palace, but really a huge amount of AUH are like that, and it's not the sort of place you want to walk around loads anyway, due to heat and the amazing facilities in the hotel. You can easily taxi to places if needs be.

There is building work next door. I am not sure if it was on 'hold' as I literally never heard or saw a single bit of work going on, day or night. Yes it looks a little unsightly if you stare at it, but when you are at the pool just look forward to the beach and sea! You have to actively turn to look at the building work, so it shouldn't impact you. The fact there was zero noise meant I did not bother me at all.

I would certainly go back and have no issue recommending it.

Happy to answer any questions for people considering this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank beth s
GRJumeirah, Guest Relations at Jumeirah at Etihad Towers, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to review your stay in detail. We are sure that this review will help other travellers. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you particularly enjoyed our Spa! We are looking forward to welcoming you during your next trip to Abu Dhabi.