“Great hotel, friendly, helpful staff in the centre of Abu Dhabi UAE”

Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We booked 4 nights at this hotel going on TripAdvisors information from previous guests and we found the Cristal Hotel was tops! Great staff, helpful,friendly,informative and the Amber Room was huge compared with most other hotels we stay at. A lovely large marble bathroom complete even with bidet (Villeroy & Boche brand toilets,basins etc). And the central position of this hotel lent itself to easy walking distance to the Gold Souk market over the road (9 over 90 shops so a huge variety of jewellery to see) plus Lu Lu Supermarket for food etc and a variety of fast food outlets.

I would certainly recommend you consider this hotel due to its very central positioning.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank maxpress1
Kamal F, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Cristal Hotel. It’s always been very rewarding for me and the entire team to provide you excellent service and be recognized.
From its perfect location and best facilities, you have it all at Cristal Salam Hotel! We can’t wait to have you back here and hopefully you will be able to try our new Korean Restaurant, opening very soon.

Sarah Argañosa
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 12 September 2012

I used to stay in Cristal Salam since December 2012 and find the hotel a good place to stay with. I only stay like 3 nights, maximum 5 nights and I loved this hotel more because of the staff's professionalism, attentiveness and hotel's eagerness to pamper each of the guest while having a very costless rooms and facilities. I found something missing frm my last 2 stays. And just I noticed it when I left some days back, Glynis was no longer in the company and she was the best of all the receptionist this hotel had. She was quick, professional and she was very helpful in all ways. From the previouse reviews I have seen other guests loved her too! And one of the reason why guests like to come back in this very nice hotel is because how they make very nice staffs! Hospitality means Cristal Salam!

• Stayed: September 2012
Kamal F, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest ! Guests like yourself, make our jobs such a pleasure!

Whilst we were sad to see Glynis leave, I can assure you that we have a huge cast of absolute stars at our Reception Desk & other departments.

Please let me know when you are here next, & I am sure you will agree with my bold statement above! That is the confidence that I have in my stars.

Cristal Hotels Abu dhabi

Reviewed 8 September 2012

One of the best stays I have had in an hotel abroad! Excellent friendly staff, will certainly recommend it to someone else! Just had a lovely stay! If your decision goes on my review then you must most certainly stay at the Cristal Salam Hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I lived in Cristal Salam Hotel for one month and I had a very enjoyable stay. The housekeeping staff, particularly Behn, were extremely accommodating and helpful. The location is also very central and is a short walk to Abu Dhabi Mall. The breakfast staff and reception staff are very polite and helpful. I would certainly return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Kamal F, Sales Coordinator at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Appreciate your pleasant feedback and we are pleased to know that you had a great time staying with us. Thank you so much for pointing out the incredible service of our staff especially mentioning our Housekeeping Attendant, Behn. He was so thrilled about your appreciative comments and this serves as a motivation for our team to move forward.

As you mentioned about the great location of the hotel, I do hope that you were able to visit Abu Dhabi Corniche which is 5 to 10 minutes away from the hotel as well as other magnificent tourist spots in Abu Dhabi.

We are all looking forward seeing you again on your next stay with us.

Sarah Argañosa
Sales Coordinator

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Overall an excellent experience. The rooms were good value, recently fitted out, clean, very comfortable and everything worked - good TV, free broadband and a desk you can work at. The team at this hotel was exceptional - very efficient, friendly and helpful - and I never had to wait long for anything. The complimentary valet parking was also much appreciated in the 40-degree heat.

Didn't see any negative points. Leisure travellers may prefer to be nearer the beach, or go for a hotel with a larger swimming pool, but for a high quality business hotel at a reasonable cost I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, and it will be my first choice in future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Kamal F, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Three comments you made were very encouraging to us at this new hotel: your "excellent experience," the "exceptional service," you enjoyed, & the fact that we would be your "first choice" on your next visit!.

Whilst we are more of a business hotel, leisure travellers will appreciate having the city's best mall ( Abu dhabi Mall) a short walk away, also our downtown location, our own Cristal Spa, & the city's coolest new wine bar, "VERTICAL."

And yes, we will continue to provide value, with our 5 star quality rooms, at 4 star pricing!

The team & I look forward to welcoming you back!

Cristal Hotels
Abu dhabi

Reviewed 30 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel during the Eid holiday. It was my second trip to Abu Dhabi.

The location of the hotel is about 10 to 15mins walk from the Abu Dhabi Mall. But within the vicinity of the hotel, there are supermarket, bakery and restaurants. So it is rather convenient. The room is reasonable size and clean. There is a bar on the top floor (and with a small swimming pool). They do provide free parking for those who are driving.

Excellent staff in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Kamal F, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful stay at Cristal Salam Hotel. We are delighted to know that we were able to provide you an amazing and satisfying experience. As the hotel is situated in the heart of the city, it is indeed very convenient to explore magnificent places and attractions of Abu Dhabi.

We are very grateful that you enjoyed the hotel facilities, from the cleanliness of the room to our most exclusive Vertical Wine Bar.

I have conveyed your kind words to our staff and very much touched by your thoughtful gesture.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at Cristal Salam Hotel.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

I can't put into words how amazing the staff at the Cristal Salam make your stay. The rooms are wonderful but the staff is really where it truly sets itself apart. It's the little things that make it what it is. The friendly staff that know your name, the slippers left tucked on the handle of my door as soon as I get in. The way they heat and froth the milk for my tea when I go to breakfast and how they remember what I order and how I like my eggs. I feel like a charished guest every day that I stay at the Cristal Salam. It is always clean and you know they take pride in everything they do. It's a feeling of home...if I was a princess : ) the Cristal would be my castle. Ok moving on...it's near everything. Abu Dhabi mall is within walking distance and a hyper mart is next to it (hyper mart- think target or walmart) tons of great places to eat as well. Its got location location location, awesome staff, clean rooms, great breakfast and did I happen to mention the beds? think westin beds without all the crazy pillows...cozy! Has good tv channels as well if you want to watch a movie or two. I have never stayed at a place where everyone was so nice. I'm talking smiles that are real not the i'm smiling with my lips but doesn't reach my eyes smiles. I miss the Crsistal Salam and the staff. Sounds crazy but once you stay you'll know what i'm talking about.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but if you like a larger vanity ask for 09's I think most of them are la...