“An 'interesting' and clean hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown

Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown
Ranked #47 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London
“An 'interesting' and clean hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Just stayed for one night in late December.

The rooms were really impressive and would not be out of place in a five star hotel and this included excellent bathrooms. The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and well maintained. On the downside the check-in process was not so smooth and the staff were a bit too 'familiar' in their comments to the female friends that were in the party. The room did not have alcohol in the mini bar; not sure if this is an Abu Dhabi thing? Anyway, they have to be ordered via room service.

Staff were very keen that our party attended the small club night in the hotel where ladies received free drinks. This was fine but staff mentioned this offer one too many times and it came across as pushy. In the end we did briefly attend the event and it was a peculiar 'night' that was optimistically billed as "Abu Dhabi's premier night" or words to that effect. In short it was a Euro-pop cd being played to a largely empty venue.

We had breakfast at the hotel and it was just okay and wasn't really that good value for money at around 90 AED. The choice was somewhat limited and the hot meats were chicken sausages and turkey bacon (who knew that turkey could be turned into bacon!).

Another curious fact about this hotel was the amount of staff everywhere. You would see employees in suits hovering at the corner of your eye everywhere and this became a bit claustrophobic as it was a pretty small hotel.

I would have given this review 4 stars but at check out the staff asked me to review the hotel on Trip Advisor. I construed this as again being a bit pushy.

Nevertheless this hotel is clean and good value for a base to explore the city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank LondonSaint82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Nothing is better than tickerty - boo!

We stayed there twice and the place is made special by the fantastic staff who go out of there way to help you.

Very 'KIND' receptionist, great small gym. easy access by bus or taxi to any part of the city.

We wanted to go 'Dune bashing' which they arranged for us - we actually went with them on a team building event which was fantastic! Thanks guys!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank disc0
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

I had the priviledge of staying at Cisatl Salam Hotel,Abu Dhabi.
Staff- Excellent
Services -Excellent.
Room Service.-Excellent.
Breakfast- variety of fruits and snacks for breakfast.

Overall a good experience and would stay again provided I have the opportunity.

Ashok.Pai.

Room Tip: Value for money and friendly staff.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, 30 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with an "excellent" rating. We lessed with an excellent product, & strive hard to deliver service with excellence too. It is encouraging to note that we managed to delight you.

On your next stay, I'd encourage you to try our Vertical Wine Bar, Sura (Korean restaurant) & Cristal Spa, which I can assure you will wow you with excellece again!

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

Healthy and large breakfast at best quality and served very friendly...
The most, I was relaxing at wonderful beautylounge at the hotels roof floor.

I was very happy to have my standing at this luxury top hotel and lucky to have an early staying at this location.

Best greetings

Room Tip: To choose a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

New Hotel on very good location in Abu Dhabi.
Rooms are nice, not too big, but spacious, clean and the entire hotel smells very nice.
Staff is kind and well trained.

Ameneties are also very good, loved the body lotion smell.

The only thing - breakfast was kind of poor with very simple, limited options.

Overall, good for short trips and overight stays in Abu Dhabi.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Cristal H, General Manager at Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown, responded to this review, 15 December 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

It is not often that the exotic smelling air freshners we use get noticed! Thanks especially for mentioning that, & the fact that our team members are kind.

Your comments on the breakfast are noted, & I believe we need to train our colleagues better on informing guests that we can prepare eggs to order. Our buffet also features fresh fruits, cereals, cheese, cold cuts, home made breakfast rolls & fresh bread, & a few Arabic & Korean specialities. I hope you will leave with a different impression on your next visit!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2012

Selected the Cristal Salam based on the glowing reviews here, and just completed a 2 night stay there on my first visit to AD. As probably with most people, you read reviews and then cross your fingers and hope that when you get there, they turn out to be accurate. Have to say that the hotel was actually better than I expected. This place knows what it means to exceed expectations! Yes, the rooms are super nice, clean, spacious enough, modern and comfortable. Up there with the top hotels. But what stands out for me is what others have commented on, and that's the incredible friendliness of the staff. Everyone I encountered at Cristal Salam was exceptionally pleasant and helpful and always smiling. I don't know if you can train for that or they look for these traits when they hire, because it felt absolutely genuine.

I've stayed at many, many hotels around the world, and for the all around value and experience, this is one of the top!

(Note: I was on a business trip and traveling alone. If I were traveling with my children for 1 night, I would probably stay here, but for a longer stay with children, I would probably opt for a hotel with a large pool. I didn't see their pool, but front desk staff were honest in telling me when I inquired, that its a very small pool.)

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I must stay that this is a real value for money. This is the first time my company (Inchcape Shipping) booked me in this hotel. I must agree that there is no regret. There was a coordial welcome and high degree of hospitality shown by every staff(s) in this hotel.

I had all the best of experience except for two things.... when I booked in on 4th Dec till 6th Dec, my mini bar was not stocked since the time I came into the room. While checking out I was asked by the attendant at the reception desk whether I had anything from the mini bar??????? not sure whether the house keeping did make an attempt to fill the stocks and update their daily stock report done for each day.

This come as a point to be referred as being a ISO Quality Auditor, these things are cared by me.

Second encounter was with the room service, when ordered for food and specially asked not to put veal/meat, food was still sent with veal/meat, and when asked why ? was told that they would revert nothing happens for nearly 15-20 minutes and then to pick the wrong dish from the room took another 15 minutes. Calls at Sura Restaurant was not being picked up for atleast 20 rings to compliant about wrong food sent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor would be ideal rather than the lower levels.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for highlighting the great value , & the warm hospitality we provide. You may have noticed that these are the most frequently mentioned attributes in the reviews we get.

My apologies really on the room service order. My team & I are aware of certain deficiencies in this area, & we are working hard to improve ourselves here.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.