“Really good value and great staff”

Ramada Abu Dhabi Downtown
Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Tumut, Australia
“Really good value and great staff”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great value hotel when staying in the UAE, exceptional staff, really good rooms and all the extras you need... Restaurant, bar, pool, gym. We have stayed at similar priced hotels here that do not come close

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed here last week. Walking in the door the first time, we were not expecting what we saw. The interior is modern, beautiful, and the rooms were very nice. For the price, I was expecting something worse. Although we did not take advantage of any of the amenities, I know that they do offer a wide variety of them for free (like the shoe cleaning service). We did not get to go up to the gym or see the restaurants. I like that room service replenished bottles of water for free.

I only have 2 complaints. First, there is no ice machine and you will have to purchase it. I understand though that in Abu Dhabi, ice is harder to find. The other complaint I have is the parking situation. They do have free valet parking service, but you MUST leave the car out front, and do not park in one of the plentiful spaces across from the hotel. It is reserved for residents with permits during most hours. I received a parking violation within 15 minutes, after I had dropped the keys off at the front desk. I brought the issue up to the manager and they handled the situation well.

Overall, I am pleased with the service and quality of this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Abu Dhabi because the prices are much better than the competitors in the area and the quality is outstanding.

1 Thank chenman456
Wales, UK
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My first time staying in the hotel that I had visited to meet people in the bar area.

I was advised that the room I was being given was an upgrade, and was on the 8th floor.

The room was well furnished with extras that I appreciated, a robe and a fridge (that could be used as a mini bar on request). There were some nice touches such as the flowers in the bathroom, illuminated clothes rail.

There were plenty of sockets for lap top etc, and the broadband and wifi (both included in the rate) connected easily.

The bathroom was modern and spacious. I had a bath and the tub was large and there was plenty of hot water.

The only minus was that the room had an adjoining door that although locked allowed noise to be heard (voices) from the adjoining room. This was a disturbance.

There is a detailed hotel information file that was comprehensive and helpful.

No fruit in the room, nor newspaper which would have been nice. The outdoor space on the top floor was very pleasant, and nice to have somewhere to sit outside of the room

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I chose this hotel based on it's glowing reviews on tripadvisor and was disappointed. It really is nothing special and, given the over supply of hotels in Abu Dhabi, there are much better options.

It is in a strange location, away from main streets, a bit far from the corniche and public beaches. Abu Dhabi mall is however an easy walk away.

The room was clean, nicely designed, modern and comfortable. Bathroom was fine although water pressure a bit low.

Service was fine, although not outstanding. I have experienced much better in the UAE. I had some problems with key cards not working and had to keep going down to reception.

I thought breakfast was over-priced at 90 AED so didn't try it. There is a small pool and cafe on the roof top. a nice place for a coffee / snack.

All in all nothing major to complain about, but a very average hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank savvy_dave
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Stayed in Cristal Salam Abu Dhabi for 01 Night from 12th April-13th April
The Front office staff is very courteous & Helpful
The Location of the property is superb ,close to the Abu Dhabi Mall & 5 mints drive to the Corniche ...
The rooms are very neat & clean
The buffet Breakfast spread is too good...
The Overall stay was fantastic

2 Thank Ruchi0310
Wuppertal, Germany
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The hotel was very good. We were very happy with our room and with the breakfast. This is a very good place to do sightseeing. The staff is friendly and very helpful. On our check-out day we waited for our rental car and all of the staff, especially Ajimon, did everything to help us so that we finally got our car. This hotel is very recommendable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank caribfriends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed her on the way back to Sydney from London to break the journey for 3 nights in mid April 2014. The cab driver did not know where the hotel was but that was soon fixed. When we booked in we were upgraded to a king size bed room that was very comfortable and quite with good sleep quality, there is a small market store across the road that has supplies and a bakery that is very handy, there is a bigger super market just a bit further down the street.
We had dinner at the pool and bar area that was OK
The location of the hotel could be better but luckily the taxis are cheap and easy to get around.
I would recommend this hotel on value for money, good service and quality of the rooms
Marc and Celia