The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$178
US$95
US$458
US$311
2,750 results
All reviewsbutler servicesaadiyat islandolea restaurantmanhattan loungeadult poolocean suitekids clubsea viewasian restaurantfamily poolbeautiful resorthalf boardmain poollife guardshuge bathroommain restaurantrain shower
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Spent the last weekend in St. Regis and had a fabulous time. Extra comfortable beds, enormous bathroom with a walk in shower and a great pool…..

However the service (specially at the pool bar) can be on the slow side some times (First day we waited almost half an hour just to get couple of beers). But, keep in mind they have started operations couple of months ago and it’s not fair for us to expect everything to be perfect.

Will I ever go back to this Hotel? Absolutely, I’m already planning my next visit. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Dear Shane,

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.
While I do apologize for the slow service at our pool, I am delighted that your overall stay with us was wonderful and that you will be returning soon.

I look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I’ve just booked in St Regis hotel for the coming weekend as I’m traveling to Dubai for the period. To my fault I booked without breakfast, not noticing that expedia didn’t include this in their package. So I thought, fine how bad can it be! it turned out worse than I thought. The breakfast per person is AED 185!! Multiply by 2 , its $100. Called the hotel and asked if they could wave, discount, or charge one for the price of two. The answer took 10 seconds , and it was “sorry sir we are going to charge you” They sounded very friendly and welcoming but they put too much value on a meal where they make least part of their revenue from, but it is the most important for a customer. The manager should have thought of it that way: We have also just booked spa (90min) which will cost us AED1400 that is equal to the cost of one night in the hotel !! . We will also be consuming wine bottles, dinners, lunches which they will make %1000 profit on. Such a simple decision yet he decided to make the unpleasant one for me. I’m confident the hotel is beautiful including an amazing staff and we will have a great 2 days for our anniversary. At the end what is a $100 but its about the principle and experience of whether you are a just a room number or a guest.

Sorry for the numbers and philosophy as i'm from a media/advertising background where we think of future not present results. The reason I’m posting this is because the customers experience starts from the minute you book till the time you ride out in a taxi. The is a preview and will post the review once we finish our beautiful weekend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam24Dubai
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Sam,

At St. Regis, we believe in providing our guest the luxury of choice. We ensure that all details and options are well presented so that you have the opportunity to choose that best suits you.
I trust your stay with us went well and I look forward to reading about the experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were looking forward to a nice family weekend and with an e-mail from the bookings supervisor confirming sea view, interconecting rooms and guaranteed early and late check in/out, all seemed well planned, even brunch booked and 5th and 55 evening meal booked.

Then we arrived and were assigned the one room that was ready and were taken to the room to find it was not a sea view, but a view of the rear buildings. We returned back to the check in and advised of their mistake, to then be told by the back office manager that there were no sea view rooms available or interconnecting rooms and that it was "our problem", despite thier booking supervisors guarantee e-mail. This was not a good start, especially for a St Regis, so finally about 1 1/2 hrs after arriving at the hotel, with our 3 kids very bored and sick of sitting down waiting, we were finally assigned our sea view interconnecting rooms with one room now upgraded to a suite. Whilst we had nearly got back in our car and returned home, it should not be this hard to check into a hotel, and especially a St Regis with all the previous confirmations.

The kids club was fine and the staff very nice.

The pool area designated for families is very unsafe and we feel sorry for the lifeguards who have the task of trying to stop the kids from dropping from the high level pool over the edge to the shallow low level pool and not to slip in the unguarded drainage channel and to all areas where non slip tiles have not been used. This definately needs a Starwood safety audit and improvements immediately made, before kids are seriously injured.

The day before we arrived, we received a call from Olea (ADD restaurant) confirming our 12 noon booking for the brunch, so we arrived at 12 noon to find the resaurant did not take guests till 12.30. The kids were getting even more bored, were very hungry at this time and we could have left them in the kids club for longer, if we had been advised of the later start. .
Anyway the brunch food was average and the service very poor, and we never saw the free flowing champagne.....but the kids entertainers made a really good effort.

So evening planned for the 5th and 55 signature restaurant, babysitter turned up on time, room service arrived for the kids and then off for a nice romantic meal.
5th and 55 experience was quite average and especially when compared it to the restaurant experiences we've had in the Emirates Palace restaurants, this place has a long way to go.
For people with kids, please note it cost us AED500 for 3 hrs of babysitting.

The Olea ADD breakfast experience was also very poor with terrible service.
One side of the restaurant the have the non pork sausages and bacon and then you have to walk to the other side of the restaurant to get your mushrooms, toms and beans, so bad space planning and even no HP brown sauce.
The kids pancakes were very fresh with uncooked batter oozing out the middle........not very good at all

We agree with the other reviews that this hotel is very much in a soft opening phase and the service is shockingly poor.

The lifeguards and kids club staff are great, but the rest of the hotel has a long way to go.

The location is good and we may return, but probably in two years when it's resolved it's service issues and become a St Regis.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank comeholidaywithus
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

Dear Steven,

I was disappointed to read your comment and of course I am sorry for any shortfalls in our service that you experienced. Whilst we are a new hotel, the vast majority of guest feedback received to date has been extremely encouraging so your comment stood out. Obviously you have a dim view of the hotel for which I am sorry but I would ask that you contact me directly should you visit the hotel in the weeks ahead and I will attempt to change your view.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

We stayed at the St Regis Saadiyat Island for 6 days. Opened in December 2011 the hotel is outside of the city overlooking a good sandy beach.
The bedrooms are spacious, ours overlooked the beach and gardens.
This is a genuine 5*, not a 4 pretending to be something else. The restaurants are beautifully appointed and the food world cuisine. After one visit you are welcomed back by name with all your likes/dislikes remembered from your first visit. The most attentive highly trained staff we have met.
We are returning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
John_Pelling, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

Dear Victor and Brenda,

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was wonderful. Here at St. Regis we believe that our staff is our biggest asset that make a true difference and caters to memorable experiences that last a lifetime.
I look forward to welcoming you back at our resort.

Reviewed 25 March 2012

The hotel is the top graded in the SPG range and states that its target audience is the Emirates Palace Hotel. The problem is that there is still work going on in the hotel and the staff are still trying to get to grips with the environment. everything is still very new and you can see the potential. There are still may teething problems with the rooms, service, and facilities. It should be considered as a soft opening and should be heavily discounted. For the rates they are charging its not worth it. Why pay top dollar to be a guinea pig for their staff training? One staff member said to me "every day is a drama" and it looked like it. In maybe 6 to 12 months it could be nice, but meanwhile I suggest bargain hard for the best rate.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SAJR88

Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort Abu Dhabi.
Thank you for taking the trouble to review our hotel and of course I am sorry that things did not met your expectations. I am however delighted that you see the potential. It is true, the hotel opened just 3 months ago and in general we have been very pleased with the comments we have been receiving, most of all about the friendly, sincere nature of our staff members. I would also add that we have what we believe to be very competive rates available in the market as “introduction” rates. Once again, sorry you were disappointed and please contact me directly should you be visiting the hotel in the near future.

John Pelling