“Classy Hotel with Exceptional Service”

The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort
Ranked #29 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Liverpool
“Classy Hotel with Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

From the minute you enter the hotel it exudes an understated class. The lobby is impressive and avoids the bling of many of the region's 5 star hotels. We stayed in an Ocean Suite which was also very tastefully decorated and had the most amazing bathroom and fantastic views out to sea from the large balcony.

The pool area is calm and quiet, with the most comfortable loungers we've ever encountered; a great place to relax and chill out. Thankfully there's also a really great kids club and pool which our little boy loved so you have the best of both worlds. We'd expected the heat to be unbearable but the cool breeze from the sea made lying by the pool very pleasant.

What makes the stay even more special is the warmth and politeness of the staff. Always smiling and keen to help and seemingly all knowing you by name. Amongst these excellently trained staff I have to give special mention to those in the Thai restaurant, Sontaya. Not only is service excellent and the food some of the best Thai you will find in the region but the staff are genuinely friendly and took a real interest in our family, which was lovely.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gaffee
, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2012
Dear Gaffee,

Greeting from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and our uncompromising service. I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and your little boy had fun as well. Sandcastle Club is certainly very popular with our young guests. And since your family and you enjoyed dining Sontaya, for your next visit, I would like to recommend to our beach restaurant, Turquoiz, which opens doors post summer. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

John Pelling,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
abu dhabi
Reviewed 5 July 2012

its the st regis for a reason....an absolute marvel of a hotel...this is the perfect hotel for couples or families...although expensive, the resort boasts of some very fine restaurants, even better rooms and supreme beach front. great pool was a delight for the kids....close to the airport and the city this hotel is in perfect location for a weekend getaway..highly highly recommended!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gaurav797
Dear Gaurav,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and it is certainly a pleasure to read your comments.

Our staff is committed to making every stay with us memorable and I’m glad that we are able to exceed expectations. I look very much forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing weekend with us.

Reviewed 2 July 2012 via mobile

Less than 20 minutes way from the hustle of Abu Dhabi on Saadiyat and yet it looks and feels like its hours away. Stunning hotel with fantastic rooms. Stayed in sea view king with comfortable bed. The bathrooms with rainfall showers and standalone deep fill bath are incredibly well appointed. The poolside areas are sleek and attended by well trained staff examplified by Frot Office Manager, Boris dejanovic, who deserves special thanks for his customer focus and attention to detail. Friday Brunch was busy but good value, clearly popular with children and families. Well worth a weekend or longer break away from the city and the bonus of being close to two incredible golf courses in Saadiyat and Yas Links. Much better value than some other 5 star hotels in the area. highly recommended. Go on treat yourself....

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank abudhabikev
, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort and thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and your high recommendations.

It is kind of you to recognize our staff, our biggest asset, and our service standards, a cornerstone of all that we do. I am glad that we provided you a true leisure experience and a perfect weekend getaway. And yes, like our Friday Brunch, our resort takes pride in being a family friendly address with dedicated experiences – be it the adult pool or the Sandcastle Club for children.

Gathering you are a golfer, the special summer golf escape that the Saadiyat Beach Golf Club has launched with us might be of interest to you. Thank you again for choosing us and I look forward to welcoming you back for another weekend very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

Having been "instructed" by Jason Oakley, the Chef de Cuisine of the restaurant, on his favorite dishes; the evening progressed from one amazing dish to the next. The setting is the St. Regis on Saadiyat Island in Abu Dhabi, the restaurant is beautifully designed, boasting generously sized tables and very comfortable chairs, the flatware and glassware are of the highest quality, making a dinner there an experience. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, well schooled in the intricacies of fine dining. To the food...must try the layered Wagyu crudo, the scallops, the aged steaks and a succulent John Dory. The deserts are absolutely fantastic.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Idenburger
Dear Idenburger,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

55&5th, The Grill, our signature venue, has certainly raised the bar for fine-dining in Abu Dhabi and I am delighted to read that your experience was fantastic. I will share your feedback with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back and also reading about your experience at our other venues.

Best regards,
John Pelling
abudhabi
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Thank you for nice set up on my table during my visit to asian restaurant, i was proposing my girl friend we were so impressed with the table set up esspecially m tabe was facing on sun set.

Meezaan

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank meezan s
, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Congratulations Meezaan! Thank you for choosing to dine at Sontaya, our Southeast Asian restaurant, on your special evening. I am sure our team would have assisted in making every detail memorable. Wishing you and your partner the very best ahead and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I use Trip Advisor to decide on where to stay so wanted to post a review to help everyone else. I travel for a living and for pleasure and have the luck of staying in many 5* resorts around the world but that does mean I have stupidly high expectations. I therefore had to write about the St Regis as there is nothing I can fault.

The service was perfect and unlike another review on here we found the staff were prompt, efficient and well-trained. Rooms were lovely, particularly the bathroom, Friday brunch is one of the best in the UAE, our glasses were never empty. The 55 on 5th restaurant was fantastic, both food and ambience. The resort is beautiful and I would not hesitate to stay there again, I am even planning when that will be!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dubai2London
, General Manager at The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi and thank you for your positive comments.

It is indeed a pleasure to read that your stay with us was wonderful. Our staff is our biggest asset and they commitment to service standards certainly make all the difference in making the stay with us memorable. As I read that you enjoyed dining with us, I am confident you will appreciate our beach restaurant, Turquoiz, which will open doors post summer. I very much look forward to welcoming you back at our resort.

Al Jubail, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Dear Travelors,

I had the pleasure to enjoy a beautiful evening with friends, at the St.Regis Saadiyat Island Resort.
We had done our reservations at the 55th Restaurant. It was unbelievable, unforgettable and will be always remembered from my end. We had such a lovely funny evening, as the service was perfect and the food was outstanding. First things first. We arrived at The St.Regis hotel lobby,and we received very warm welcome, when the Gents opened us the door from the car and guided my friends and me personally to the lobby.
There was another Gentleman waiting and guided us personally from the lobby to the bar of the 55th restaurant where we met the rest of our friends. Having still some time, before we went for dinner, we had a glas of champagne and the Chef de Cusines prepared some lovely apertizers for us, which was really delicious.

Apart form the modern stylish interior and the warm blue color which shines from the top, it gives you really something special and you feel really relaxed. The entire Service team from the arrival at the hotel enjoying a drink at the bar, and finally having an outstanding dinner, made this evening with my lovely friends a really unforgettable stay for me.
We spend no, we enjoyed 4 hours in a nice atmosphere and we felt very very special and welcomed, thanks to the entire team of the St.Regis many thanks for that.

Believe me, if your are next time in Abu Dhabi, take the time and schedule yourself for either to stay in the St.Regis or enjoy a lovely evening with friends or family, you will not regret it.

I wish you all a happy and always safe traveling, until next time, see yah.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank oliver444
Greetings from The St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi

On behalf of the team, thank you for the words of appreciation on your experience of dining at 55&5th, The Grill, our signature venue. It is always a pleasure to read and hear about our friendly staff and the uncompromising service we strive to provide our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.